Grocery's EB Freezing Pulse Ice Spear Totem Build! Maps Tested

"
medicineman89 wrote:
Ah watched ur gearing vid again. Seems like u got a lot of hybrid gear and I went all Armour that's the fail on my end. May have to switch a few pieces now. How much Armour is minimum in your opinion ?

Ideal gear would be this. Full armor helm, chest, and ONE of thee :boots or gloves. You should have one full ES piece with increased es % and added ES. If you wnt to use hybrid gear, go for hybrid boots and gloves, full armor chest and helm.

For people who don't have 150 chromatics a full armor chest will be difficult, so change around accordingly.

On my hardcore character I use a very hefty armor shield to make up for my lack of full armor chestpiece.

So to review: Hardcore or more tankier version you want atleast 2 full plate pieces and a big heavy shield if you do not have that.

Softcore glass cannon builds: Whatever you prefer, I have a lot of hybrid gear on my glass cannon. Armor is always best as long as you have 1 full es piece or 2 hybrid pieces.

As far as armor breaking point? Not sure, more is better, but it is just to not die to the odd hit here and there. Obviously surgeons granite is extremely important.
For my current builds, thoughts and videos.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
"
medicineman89 wrote:
What is your Armour, resist and life ? Idk how you run 7 auras with 2 es pieces that's crazy. My reduced manas are both 17 if not 18

I don't run 7 auras. It is simply not worth it. He is probably running a blood magiced aura. Auras on a hardcore character should be this: Determination, Vitality or Purity, Grace, Clarity, Discipline. You could run a 3rd 40% aura if you blood magic freezing pulse but I don't like doing that.

I am messing around with a glass cannon spec that goes Haste, Purity, Grace, Discipline, and Clarity. Again glass cannon is something I only do after I die on hardcore, which occured at level 77.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
Grocery I don't suppose you have any old gear on Default that you would like to sell do you. I'm after a 5L chest so I can link all my support gems to FP but struggling to find anything I can afford.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regeards

Mackon
I'm at a lost, right now I'm thinking of just using the current gear and depending on map difficulty drop determination or purity that way i wont have to change gear. Not convinced 1 full ES piece will get me enough mana to run Discipline, Clarity, Determination, Purity and Grace and be able to cast totem/frostbite/spam FP, i'll need like 400-500 mana after auras to play comfortably i think?

Whats your input? here is my gear...
Spoiler
Gear

Spoiler
Spec:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEC_gQHBLMFWwx9DkgQfxGWFE0Wbxa_F1QZhRo4HNwdFB8CIoEkPCSqJ6ktHzbFNuk62ELDQ2NG10lRTLNN2FXGWPVabV3GXfJgbWZPZp5tGXBScNVxTX5Zf8aBSYFvgh6DOIhCi4yMNox2jjyPRpBVms-dgJ2jncSePJ6hogCio6cIp1ynhK-bsji3MbiTwBrAUcHzxp7PZdA50NDYJNrd2wvd89-E4XPjauOE7DjtIPAf8h3z6vrS_Ks=

My next 2 level's ill be connecting Mental accuity to the Int node at 11'oclock then respeccing the far two int nodes into life nodes, then getting full surrounding life nodes then spec into throat seeker (which will take forever as I'm level 77)

Thanks again for all your input, I've only been playing POE for like a month and with your guide I've gotten this far :)
"
Mackon wrote:
Grocery I don't suppose you have any old gear on Default that you would like to sell do you. I'm after a 5L chest so I can link all my support gems to FP but struggling to find anything I can afford.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regeards

Mackon

Check my posts, I have a 5 link for sale on default. I have 3 threads, one with 1 alch gear or ilvl 73+, a thread for my 5 link and a shop thread. Check them out.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
"
medicineman89 wrote:
I'm at a lost, right now I'm thinking of just using the current gear and depending on map difficulty drop determination or purity that way i wont have to change gear. Not convinced 1 full ES piece will get me enough mana to run Discipline, Clarity, Determination, Purity and Grace and be able to cast totem/frostbite/spam FP, i'll need like 400-500 mana after auras to play comfortably i think?

Whats your input? here is my gear...
Spoiler
Gear

Spoiler
Spec:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEC_gQHBLMFWwx9DkgQfxGWFE0Wbxa_F1QZhRo4HNwdFB8CIoEkPCSqJ6ktHzbFNuk62ELDQ2NG10lRTLNN2FXGWPVabV3GXfJgbWZPZp5tGXBScNVxTX5Zf8aBSYFvgh6DOIhCi4yMNox2jjyPRpBVms-dgJ2jncSePJ6hogCio6cIp1ynhK-bsji3MbiTwBrAUcHzxp7PZdA50NDYJNrd2wvd89-E4XPjauOE7DjtIPAf8h3z6vrS_Ks=

My next 2 level's ill be connecting Mental accuity to the Int node at 11'oclock then respeccing the far two int nodes into life nodes, then getting full surrounding life nodes then spec into throat seeker (which will take forever as I'm level 77)

Thanks again for all your input, I've only been playing POE for like a month and with your guide I've gotten this far :)

Get an ES shield then. Look at my shield.
That shield has decent ES, but some have 300+ es. Which adds more then 500-600 es with talents and discipline.

Are you using GP or LMP on your freezing pulse? With LMP and a shield you will be able to spam infinitely. GMP, you won't be able to.

Your spec looks great. Just get the life under mental accuity next. Everything is decent, but since you are running so much plate gear and dual wands, you should go a shield. Your gear is near optimal for a tank. Just get an ES shield! Great gear!
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
I'll try looking for a high ES shield tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get enough mana to run 5 auras and spam infinitely. Thanks again for the input
"
Grocery wrote:
Updated with an alternate possible build that goes through the witch tree. I forgot to add this.

On your blog it sounds like you're using the version that goes through the witch tree. Would you mind expanding on the pros/cons for the two versions? My templar (HC) just hit level 42 and I was taking the route through the middle, but can't make up my mind on if I should commit to that or refund some passives and take the other route. Thanks.
"
Danthraxx wrote:
"
Grocery wrote:
Updated with an alternate possible build that goes through the witch tree. I forgot to add this.

On your blog it sounds like you're using the version that goes through the witch tree. Would you mind expanding on the pros/cons for the two versions? My templar (HC) just hit level 42 and I was taking the route through the middle, but can't make up my mind on if I should commit to that or refund some passives and take the other route. Thanks.

My templar goes through the witch tree for the cold damage nodes and deep wisdom. The pro of going underneath is that you can get to life nodes earlier and take some crit. The con of it is you get less cold damage nodes. Pretty similar overall though.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
Back in business with all 5 auras and 398 mana to play with.
Got myself a Full es shield like you said and it worked, thanks!!
Spoiler

Lost like 400 DPS though :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info