Grocery's EB Freezing Pulse Ice Spear Totem Build! Maps Tested

Hello everyone, just wanted to post my standard build. It doesn't stray too far from the norm. I go to level 77 in hardcore, farmed tons of maps. Unfortunately I died, so I haven't been on the character too much. Currently, level 80 and everything is a breeze.

The spec takes a lot of life. It is a hardcore and softcore build. The thing with softcore builds only is that they get very difficult in the higher levels. At level 80+ a death is way too many hours of farming lost, in which cases most softcore builds taper off and respec to more life based builds. That being said this build has great damage via crit, increased cold damage, and projectile speed.

Here are two talent specs:

This one goes under the witch tree:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAnEC_gSzBVsMfQ5IEH8RlhRNFVAV5xZvFr8ZhRo4Gmwc3CQ8JKomlSepKPopTypbNns26TrYQsNDY0ZxRtdJO0lRTdhTNVVLVcZY9VptXcZd8mBtYeJmT2aeZ71tbG17cFJw1XFNcn5yu3Ozfll_xoFJgW-CHoKbgziH24hCi4yMNox2jmSPRpBVkyeVIJrPm6GdgJ2jna6dxJ48ogCnCKdcp4SyOLQMtUi2-rcxuJO8n8AawFHBxcaey0HPZdDQ0hnUGdVP1tHbC93z3nffhOFz42rjhOOf5CLr7uw47SDub_Af8Gvw2fId8-r3pvyr

This one goes through the witch tree, loses some crit but takes cold damage and cold res.
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAnEC_gQHBLMFWwx9DkgQfxGWFE0VUBXnFm8WvxdUGYUaOBpsHNwfAiKBJDwkqiaVJ6kpTypbLR82xTbpOthCw0NjRtdJO0lRTLNN2FVLVcZY9VptXcZd8mBtYeJmnme9bRlte3BScNVxTXJ-c7N-WX_GgUmBb4IegpuDOIfbiEKLjIw2jHaOPI5kj0aQVZrPm6GdgJ2jna6dxJ48nqGiAKKjpwinXKeEr5u1SLb6tzG4k7yfwBrAUcHzxp7PZdDQ0hnUGdVP1tHYJNsL3fPed9-E4XPjauOE45_kIuw47SDub_Af8Gvw2fId8-r3pvyr

Glass Cannon spec:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAnEC_gQHBLMFWwx9DkgQfxGWFE0V5xZvFr8XVBmFGjgabBzcHwIigSQ8JKomlSepKU8qWyxGLR82ezbFNuk62ELDRtdJO0lRTLNN2FM1VUtVxlptXcZd8mBtYeJmT20ZbWxte3BScNVyfnK7c7N_xoFJgW-CHoKbgziH24hCi4yMNox2jjyOZI9GkFWdgJ2jna6ePJ6hogCio6cIp1ynhK-bsji1SLb6uJO8n8BRwfPGnstBz2XQ0NIZ1BnVT9bR2CTa3dsL3fPed9-E4XPjauOE45_kIuw47SDwH_Br8NnxdvId8-r3pvyr

Basic rundown of the gems/skills I use.

Chest (5-Link)
Quality Freezing Pulse
LMP Quality
Faster Casting Quality
Life Leech Quality
Faster Projectiles or Added Lightning Damage

Boots (4-Link)
Ice Spear
Spell Totem
GMP
Faster Casting

Auras
2x reduced mana are used to get all these auras
Grace
Haste/Determination depending on level of the map
Clarity
Purity
Discipline

Other Gems I use, situational.
Decoy Totem
Rejuvenation Totem
Arc
Elemental Weakness/Frostbite
Summon Skeleton spell totem

Bandit Rewards:
HP
Talent point
Talent point

Gear Wise:
Go for Armor gear. If you can't get Armor go Armor/ES. I have one pure ES piece because it is a 5 link chest that is decent.

I use dual wands in default after I died. In hardcore I used Wand and a Shield. I died due to the bug from being stunned in place, and I was near an orange boss. This build works, just build life nodes first, then get damage nodes. I am sitting over 5k hp with my current spec. Also my damage is very high, it gets me through maps very easily.

Playstyle is simple. I usually drop spell totem, curse the mobs and freezingpulse. Summon Skeletons is not gemmed unless I need it.

Some gameplay of a recent map: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6Vp1rnWIvc
This gameplay is just intended to show you what it looks like playing the spec.

Any questions let me know.

Glass cannon gear:

For my current builds, thoughts and videos.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
Last edited by Grocery on Mar 5, 2013, 4:22:53 PM
Got a few pms, updated this.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
Why do you prefer LMP over GMP to support your Freezing Pulse?
Would you be able to do a breakdown of your passive skills to show what points you put where as your leveling?

Playing a Templar at the moment and thinking of trying this build.

Cheers

Mackon
Last edited by Mackon on Feb 27, 2013, 6:33:28 AM
Also, where are a few places we can look for DPS increasing stats on items besides MH and OH? Are there any marginal stats besides crit, projectile speed, and attack speed that will benefit someone using this spec?
"
MrKaiser wrote:
Why do you prefer LMP over GMP to support your Freezing Pulse?

I only use LMP over GMP due to the mana cost. I will run GMP soon enough, but I am playing a shadow version of this build now.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
"
Mackon wrote:
Would you be able to do a breakdown of your passive skills to show what points you put where as your leveling?

Playing a Templar at the moment and thinking of trying this build.

Cheers

Mackon

Sure, I'll update this tonight with rough level specs. It also depends on your current gear.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
"
MrKaiser wrote:
Also, where are a few places we can look for DPS increasing stats on items besides MH and OH? Are there any marginal stats besides crit, projectile speed, and attack speed that will benefit someone using this spec?

Attack speed no, cast speed yes. You may be able to get some cast speed on certain items as well. If you get a bunch of crit, you will have a ton of damage regardless. You can go upwards of 400% crit damage multiplier.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
did you change your spec? i could have sworn you went for the 1 Body and Soul and 5 Armour and Energy Shield to the center left of the templar's starting point

edit: fml, i specced using someone else's build
IGN: War_of_Art
Last edited by EuroSmash on Mar 3, 2013, 12:30:46 AM
Well to be honest that is not a big deal. In hardcore, I would take it. In my shadow freeze pulse templar I take it for sure. The thign is, I take the second body and soul late in maps, and that is exactly when I died. For a hardcore build I would use this.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAnEC_gSzBVsMfQ5IEH8RlhRNFVAV5xZvFr8ZhRo4Gmwc3CQ8JKomlSepKPopTypbNns26TrYQsNDY0ZxRtdJO0lRTdhTNVVLVcZY9VptXcZd8mBtYeJmT2aeZ71tbG17cFJw1XFNcn5yu3Ozfll_xoFJgW-CHoKbgziH24hCi4yMNox2jmSPRpBVkyeVIJrPm6GdgJ2jna6dxJ48ogCnCKdcp4SyOLQMtUi2-rcxuJO8n8AawFHBxcaey0HPZdDQ0hnUGdVP1tHbC93z3nffhOFz42rjhOOf5CLr7uw47SDub_Af8Gvw2fId8-r3pvyr

My build did take the second body and soul, like you did. But I respecced and updated the post. I personally would say go ahead and take it. More armor = less deaths.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info