Need help : How working Lacerate two one-hand

Hello every one.

I wanted try i Lacerate build.
I hesitated one-hand + shield or two one-hand.
I have lvl-up with 1 hand + shield.

But now, i want try 2 one-hand but i don't understand how working statiste with 2 one-hand.

I try to do my best with my english for explain that.

Lacerate is an Attack with working ONLY with axe or sword.
So, i put a main hand with i sword.
In my head, i told me : i'll take an off-hand juste for statistique, not for hit. So i put a Dagger (or mace). So lacerate must be hit only with my sword ... But my dps go down.

for exemple :

With sword only : 7k
With sword + mace : 5k

My speed go down, but my main hand combinated dmg go up.

So how it's calculated ?? If i can't hit with mace, why with a low mace (i put it for stat) my dps go down ??

I have to play with dual wilding ?? not an other choice ??

I hope people understand what i mean

Thanks for help ;-)
Last bumped on Jan 24, 2017, 9:32:34 PM
in these situations, tooltip information is incorrect because it factors in your offhand despite of the fact you dont use it
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Ok, so my tooltip is really lower than my real dps ??

Thanks for help ;-)
If you already build your char with taking many "increased melee physical attack while holding a shield", you will see some drop when switch to dual wield.

If you built as dual wield from beginning, dual wield should give more dps because of 20% more damage and 10% more attack speed, even if your offhand is just a stat stick.

Tooltip might count average attack speed and damage of both weapons so it is not accurate. Hope they fix it soon.
I really wish they would fix all tooltips to be accurate, its so annoying in situations like this.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
I really wish they would fix all tooltips to be accurate, its so annoying in situations like this.

probably more trouble than what its worth. it isn't difficult to just adjust the estimates yourself as long as you know whats happening, which majority of people that understand the game do
The tooltip is correct. If you only have one valid weapon, it only show one list of damage, if you have 2 weapons it shows 2.

What's happening is that the attack speed is calculated with both weapons even though you only use one.

If for example you have a 2 aps sword and a 1 aps dagger:

sword + shield --> 2 aps lacerate that only use the sword for damage
sword + dagger --> 1.5 aps lacerate that only use the sword for damage

Now i did neglect the attack speed bonus you get from dual wielding but the general result stays the same. If your dagger is significantly slower than your main hand weapon you will see a dps loss due to the aps lost.
"
lethargie wrote:
The tooltip is correct. ... If your dagger is significantly slower than your main hand weapon you will see a dps loss due to the aps lost.

Where did you get this information? (From whom did you hear it, or how did you test it?)

Everything I've ever heard and all my in-game experience (sword + claw Lacerate) contradicts what you say here.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Tested it with a fast attacking weapon (cospri) and a very slow one (white platinum kriss)

i fight with shield + cospri, then cospri + white dagger using lacerate. It feel slower when dual wielding. Might need some additional test.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info