i just spent a lot for this helmet, worth it?

http://poe.trade/search/omagagihakakor

I see 1 mirror, 1 mirror, 200 exalts for breach.

http://poe.trade/search/oyasammikoruba

115 exalts, 150 exalts, 1 mirror for standard.

Im searching 500es, 40 int, 65% total elemental resists.

Dropping the es total to 480 brings up a 50 exalt hat in standard and still no new results in breach.

If I drop the es to 470 and the total resist down to 60 then I finally get a 40ex hat show up in standard, while the cheapest hat in breach remains 1 mirror. Thats 40ex in standard at something stupid like 1:90 chaos or whatever god forsaken ratio they have atm.

Im not convinced it was a bad deal tbh.
all items you can see online are items that are not sold.
im a bad trader in poe but i collect records since forever and for rare items this is something to keep in mind.

edit: my poit is that a price research in such cases is better based on the vanishing of items from lists, not the available ones.
"don't worry GGG, it's ok!"
Last edited by kobrakhan on Jan 24, 2017, 5:12:47 PM
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
http://poe.trade/search/omagagihakakor

I see 1 mirror, 1 mirror, 200 exalts for breach.

http://poe.trade/search/oyasammikoruba

115 exalts, 150 exalts, 1 mirror for standard.

Im searching 500es, 40 int, 65% total elemental resists.

Dropping the es total to 480 brings up a 50 exalt hat in standard and still no new results in breach.

If I drop the es to 470 and the total resist down to 60 then I finally get a 40ex hat show up in standard, while the cheapest hat in breach remains 1 mirror. Thats 40ex in standard at something stupid like 1:90 chaos or whatever god forsaken ratio they have atm.

Im not convinced it was a bad deal tbh.

There is a good reason why no one is buying those. This is coming from a successful primarily standard player.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
"
kobrakhan wrote:
all items you can see online are items that are not sold.
im a bad trader in poe but i collect records since forever and for rare items this is something to keep in mind.

edit: my poit is that a price research in such cases is better based on the vanishing of items from lists, not the available ones.

its not an online only search, thats all listed items online and offline.

You have a list of the items that have sold today that fit the bill? If you want to buy that hat right now you cant buy an item that is not for sale. You think 500es + 70% ele resist + 47 int hats are coming on the market and getting sold all day every day? There was one that came on the market and got sold for a lot less than the ones listed, matey here bought it for 1/4 of the price of the listed ones in breach, so yeah, your logic does hold up I guess?

"
TheAshmaker wrote:

There is a good reason why no one is buying those. This is coming from a successful primarily standard player.

because every hat that is comparable is between double and 5x as expensive as he paid.

If he wants to get a hat that is in the ballpark of what he got in breach right now he needs to pay 157 exalts which is the lowest price for a mirror in that league. Thats essentially 4x more than he paid for his.

If he stuck that hat up for 40ex in standard it would sell extremely quickly, and 40ex in standard is worth double what 40ex in breach is worth when you look at the rate to chaos. Believe it or not i do actually have some gear in standard and I do some trading there.
Don't listen to the noobs nay sayers in this topic op. 40ex is a bargain for that helmet.
just chaos orb spam hubris and never go above 5 exalts.
to each their own i guess.
"
satanttin wrote:
40 ex for a helmet xD pff would rather craft one myself even with my rng it should be around the same for way less xd

Anything more than a few EX isn't worth it unless you just have a boatload of cash and nothing to do with it. An ex is like what, 50 chaos. If think 5ex, that's like 250c. Converted to alchs and scours, that's like ~180 chances to get a good roll. Totally doable and you feel like you sort of earned the helm.

People who spend crazy EX on shit they can make themselves are ridiculous. Like I bet some guy crafted that helm with like 50c and made bank on the nub.
Deliver pain exquisite
"
"
satanttin wrote:
40 ex for a helmet xD pff would rather craft one myself even with my rng it should be around the same for way less xd

Anything more than a few EX isn't worth it unless you just have a boatload of cash and nothing to do with it. An ex is like what, 50 chaos. If think 5ex, that's like 250c. Converted to alchs and scours, that's like ~180 chances to get a good roll. Totally doable and you feel like you sort of earned the helm.

People who spend crazy EX on shit they can make themselves are ridiculous. Like I bet some guy crafted that helm with like 50c and made bank on the nub.

Go spam 50c on a hubris and let us know if you hit 500+es. In fact try to do it in 500.
"
"
satanttin wrote:

Haha, this is a joke right? Jeez stop posting if you are clueless man. That helmet is like cream of the crop what you will find in leagues.
"
Miská wrote:
"
"
satanttin wrote:

Haha, this is a joke right? Jeez stop posting if you are clueless man. That helmet is like cream of the crop what you will find in leagues.

Never said the helmet wasn't good. But I watched Paws spam 5000 alchs and 5000 scours on ragalias and she hit 900 es on a few of them and it didn't take 5000000000000000 chaos to do it. Also alchs and scours are cheaper in the long noob. So yeah, maybe go find the door with your rage stupid kid.

It's RNG. It's got bad probability, but you'll STILL get a GG helmet in under 40ex. Kk bai/

Nub.
Deliver pain exquisite

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info