The Lioneye's Watch / And Supporter Packs

If the game is fun, I'll buy stuff I find cool.

If the game isn't fun, I won't buy anything or even play.

Why are people pretending this isn't case? Who in the their right mind things "thing game sucks, but I think I'll pay the devs 50$. That'll lead them to the right path". No one. Its f2p. They deliver on fun, you deliver on money.

They delivered on the fun and continue to. Why would I regret delivering on the money? And we all know as soon as they stop delivering on the fun you and will also stop delivering on the money.

Weird thing to have a hot button topic over.
"
darjir wrote:

Why are people pretending this isn't case? Who in the their right mind things "thing game sucks, but I think I'll pay the devs 50$. That'll lead them to the right path". No one. Its f2p. They deliver on fun, you deliver on money.

I agree 100%. Why complicated it more than this? If you like the game and think it's fun, contribute. If you don't like it, don't contribute. If you sit in your chair, thinking "there's a lot of things I FEEL they have to do to improve the game, so I'll throw $50 at them, and HOPE they see it the same way as I do, fixing EXACTLY what I want them to fix", you're naive.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
"
widardd wrote:
I don't care about xbox1, it's probably a good thing.
I stopped supporting because of Path of Michael Bay, if 3.0 does something to the game that makes us interact with the world and it's monsters again I will gladly support PoE again.

Interact HAHA in an ARPG point is kill asap speed clears that's an ARPG whatever the fuck you want isn't.

Name me one ARPG that has that.

I think your missing the point, PoE doesn't really have monsters anymore. They have treasure chests. When you run into them they explode into loot. Most veteran players only die to silly one shots that come from mechanics you can't really react to.

Every game is about pushing the limits of it, it's not inherent to an ARPG. But when that speed overwhelms the content, it just becomes mindless. That's what PoE has become, outside of a few encounters and random monsters with buffs/ghosted/auras/etc... 99% of the game has become mindless.
"
e1337donkey wrote:
"
"
widardd wrote:
I don't care about xbox1, it's probably a good thing.
I stopped supporting because of Path of Michael Bay, if 3.0 does something to the game that makes us interact with the world and it's monsters again I will gladly support PoE again.

Interact HAHA in an ARPG point is kill asap speed clears that's an ARPG whatever the fuck you want isn't.

Name me one ARPG that has that.

I think your missing the point, PoE doesn't really have monsters anymore. They have treasure chests. When you run into them they explode into loot. Most veteran players only die to silly one shots that come from mechanics you can't really react to.

Every game is about pushing the limits of it, it's not inherent to an ARPG. But when that speed overwhelms the content, it just becomes mindless. That's what PoE has become, outside of a few encounters and random monsters with buffs/ghosted/auras/etc... 99% of the game has become mindless.

It's only mindless if you play mindless meta 1-button builds.
I'm playing animate weapon summoner right now and I'm having a lot of fun micromanaging the whole skill bar and having a massive buffed army at my side. Even though the build doesn't clear as fast as a flicker strike character it's very fun and enganging and it speaks a lot of the game that in 4 years playing (every odd league) this is the first time I try summoner for endgame. Mind to say I do have a flicker slayer on this league as well and even if the clearspeed is faster than the summoner I dont like the seizures and backtracking to pick loot.

I feel that a lot of people that feel the game has become stale had either overplayed it (you can expect the game to be as hard as your first playtrought after 1000 hours)or not fully experienced the game and tried every build. Because, seriously, if you do, the game will last you thousand of hours. And honestly, a game which lasts that long nowadays and has ethic microtransaction system deserves the support. It's just some people in the vocal part of the community that are too entitled.

I'd like to go out and sat I'm getting my first supporter pack this week just to spite these people, but that would not be true. The game still has a lot of value to me and I want to see the company fare well in the upcoming updates (3.0 will be nice just for removing cruel alone, LOL). But lets be honest, I'm buying the pack mostly for the dank MTX and stash tabs. Most people do. That alone pays off for a game with such a huge time sink like PoE.
Balance is an illusion, exile.
As long as the game quality and direction is not radically different than what I view as enjoyable I will continue to support GGG.

If they globally reduce move/attack/cast speed in half just to slow the meta then I would simply stop supporting.

Despite the very vocal voices of some, the very reason I play poe is to be able to tune my builds to a point where they can clear a T16 map in less than 90 seconds.

IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Jan 23, 2017, 1:36:04 PM
Ive been enjoying the game more lately than I have in the past. Partly due to a better understanding of the game, and partly due to the current style of gameplay.

If the packs have interesting things in them, ill buy them as well.
"
Marlexyz wrote:

Tell me how engaging and interesting your guardian fights were after your weapons killed them in 5s completely skipping any interaction.

Edit: Probably 3s, I think uber had monster life on the map.
Perception is reality.
Last edited by widardd on Jan 23, 2017, 3:02:42 PM
"
widardd wrote:
"
Marlexyz wrote:

Tell me how engaging and interesting your guardian fights were after your weapons killed them in 5s completely skipping any interaction.

Edit: Probably 3s, I think uber had monster life on the map.

Well, no better than dozen other builds that can do that just as fast while leeching massive ammounts of damage. And bosses are just a small part of gameplay, just as you said, I only spend a little fraction of mapping time fighting bosses.

To me the important part is that to get good damage at bosses with this build you must gather enough weapons on the map leading to the boss zone, and its interesting to manage your growing army and take decisions on wheter is worth it to animate every weapon on your way or just clear fast and go back to animate piles of weapons later. Also while managing Spirit/Bone offering, shield charging, placing totem, using wither or not, using vaal auras/ Gluttony of elements. Yeah, I think its enganging, in the sense that I must pay attention to what I am doing and aim my skills correctly.

Meanwhile on builds like my flicker char just hold down one button and blast trough the map at mach 5 speed and go in the boss room for the kill.

That former kind of build is more popular. And it shows that many people just want to farm as fast as possible to accomplish their goals and be done with the league as soon as possible. Thats why leagues are "dead" after 40 days or so.

Meanwhile I'm still here fully enjoying the league, thank you.
Balance is an illusion, exile.
I will buy the next Supporter Pack when we get a green X Body Armour Set with a Controller as a Weapon, turning the enemies into Ps4 Logos and an unkilling enemy called "the pc masterrace" kappa

I buy Mtx for the skins. If the game gets bad, i still enjoyed my Mtx and thats all i can do. They will do the game, whatever we say.

BUT GIVE ME THE purple/pink Cyclone!1!11!!!

If you drink every time they try to say the something honest and then start adding explanations to avoid sounding too real while you can see how much they can't control their fear...

you may end up in a coma.

You have to work for the man after all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info