First xbox.. then SSF..

Improving to solo drop incoming.
Welcome Diablo 3, part 2.
IGN: Gonorreitor
Last edited by Valmar on Jan 23, 2017, 11:48:13 AM
Oh my god, some of you guys are either trolling or just toxic. It's just a ladder support they are not actually buffing drop rates or making soulbound items. The SSF league will be a clone of the other leagues, its just that you can't trade WHILE in it. People can opt ou at any time and it wont affect other leagues ecnomics because SSF players are a minority and the drops are the same anyway.

Read the goddamn announcements torought before you shitpost, for RNGesus sake.
Balance is an illusion, exile.
my issue is that all of the sudden the community complains about trading.

Listen I was a big d3 player from launch-to a year and a half ago. And the biggest complaint I seen from the PoE community was that D3 did not have a trading system, and that AH killed D3 when that was a thing.

I can personally say from experience though, I was into d3 big time. grinding 95+ in parties for at least 12 hours a day that D3 was very easy to gear, since a trading system did not exist they compensated that with drop rates. It's extremely easy to gear in d3.

Now I started poe 3 weeks ago and the trading is a blast for me, i loved d2 when i was a teenager, and it was a real treat to see a similar system in place.

Regardless if PoE is a sinking ship for the more hardcore audience you will find a game to satiate your cravings. I am told that this game is a lot easier than it use to be and that's probably true. While still have an interesting passive talent system etc. The game is essentially d3 on steroids when it comes to the mapping system.
I said it in another thread without taking much risk i can say it's not a costly improvement and not directly related to console.

Let me explain how i see things, feel free to correct me if you consider i'm wrong;
There are a lot of players that were interested by SSF since a long time. A while ago an unofficial support has been started for it and it seems it catched the attention of more players than expected.

On a second side GGG claimed in a podcast last years that they were truly thinking ARPG's futur was in competitive gameplay.

Adding an official support for SSF mean:

- Official " clean " ladder
- Control over any abuses ( by removing trading possible etc ... )
- A separate environement dedicated to this
- Official Rules and same for everyones.

And you know what ? This is the first time GGG actualy create something that has a true competitive basis ( Except racing but they are not supporting it till they are done with other content as far as i know ).

All SSF players will play with the same rules and same restrictions that's basicly all is required to call it competitive.

This is a big step actualy. It can satisfy a lot of players, and if it's getting more popular it can give some more visibility;

I'm welcoming this one ! Even not beeing an SSF player i really appreciate the effort.

Edit: I'm not claiming they are doing this in a favor of competitive PoE. Just saying it's opening the door for it. For once.
Hf :)
Last edited by Heli0nix on Jan 23, 2017, 10:42:44 PM
@ Heli0nix, you absolutely get it, man.
Cheers & best of luck.
"
torturo wrote:
"
almostdead wrote:
Could you bold the part that says ssf is bad for PoE?

Yes, just for you.

"We feel that a really important part of playing an online ARPG is the ability to be able to trade the items that you find. The reason why they feel so amazing to loot and collect is because they have value to other players. Having a league where everything is soulbound is of no interest to us. We welcome players to play self-found if they’d like to (and are trying to make sure its balance is fair where we can – several of the changes in release address item acquisition and solo vs party balance), but it's important that players can trade their items if they so choose."

Better now?

Ignore the idiots. Path of Exile community lacks basic reading comprehension. GGG was against SSF in the early years of the game.

Personally IDGAF if they add it or not. Maybe now streamers can go circle jerk each other off and leave the balance of the game alone.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
"
Heli0nix wrote:
I said it in another thread without taking much risk i can say it's not a costly improvement and not directly related to console.

Let me explain how i see things, feel free to correct me if you consider i'm wrong;
There are a lot of players that were interested by SSF since a long time. A while ago an unofficial support has been started for it and it seems it catched the attention of more players than expected.

On a second side GGG claimed in a podcast last years that they were truly thinking ARPG's futur was in competitive gameplay.

Adding an official support for SSF mean:

- Official " clean " ladder
- Control over any abuses ( by removing trading possible etc ... )
- A separate environement dedicated to this
- Official Rules and same for everyones.

And you know what ? This is the first time GGG actualy create something that has a true competitive basis ( Except racing but they are not supporting it till they are done with other content as far as i know ).

All SSF players will play with the same rules and same restrictions that's basicly all is required to call it competitive.

This is a big step actualy. It can satisfy a lot of players, and if it's getting more popular it can give some more visibility;

I'm welcoming this one ! Even not beeing an SSF player i really appreciate the effort.

+1
"
@ Heli0nix, you absolutely get it, man.
Cheers & best of luck.

+1
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
Hi lads.
Did You actually notice that SSF is great for consoles.... coincidence?
Just imagine.. all those troubles with usage of an external trading...
And didn't they say that ssf is bad for PoE some time ago? Maybe not any more, xbox improvements incoming!

Illuminati confirmed 100%. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

i just hope, they up the drops for ssf.....
i hope they up the drops in general tho.. but that's just my opinion
You read (and comprehended) that post about SSF right? Like all they're doing is giving the psychotics that play SSF in a game with lower drop rates than a 15th century nun going through menopause the gamer credit to show off to the rest of the community just how masochistic they are.... big deal....
Deliver pain exquisite

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info