PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

First xbox.. then SSF..

"
almostdead wrote:
"

And didn't they say that ssf is bad for PoE some time ago?

source?
My friend told me that some time ago using lowered voice. He said it's 100% legit info.

EDIT: It's cool guys You hopped on this train with me. ;p
Please don't be too much triggered. Im trying to be sarcastic to help some lads blow off some steam. :)
I know all player come and say : "ahahah nice, u have try a bot u get ban, sooo nice" but i tell u its just for try, for see and for know. I have use this 10 minutes maximum and i have insta uninstall." - some not-too-bright dude, 2013; Joined 2012, † 2013.
Last edited by Sarn88 on Jan 23, 2017, 8:44:11 AM
"
almostdead wrote:
source?

"We feel that a really important part of playing an online ARPG is the ability to be able to trade the items that you find. The reason why they feel so amazing to loot and collect is because they have value to other players. Having a league where everything is soulbound is of no interest to us. We welcome players to play self-found if they’d like to (and are trying to make sure its balance is fair where we can – several of the changes in release address item acquisition and solo vs party balance), but it's important that players can trade their items if they so choose."

Chris Wilson, 2013

This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Auction house league? x'D
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
"
torturo wrote:
"We feel that a really important part of playing an online ARPG is the ability to be able to trade the items that you find. The reason why they feel so amazing to loot and collect is because they have value to other players. Having a league where everything is soulbound is of no interest to us. We welcome players to play self-found if they’d like to (and are trying to make sure its balance is fair where we can – several of the changes in release address item acquisition and solo vs party balance), but it's important that players can trade their items if they so choose."

Chris Wilson, 2013

That seems like a completely reasonable quote, and is completely in line with what they've announced. They welcome SSF players, but want to give them the option to trade if they choose to- account bound items are not something GGG wants to create.

In the announcement, SSF leagues have the option to move to the regular trading league. All the changes do is make SSF a legitimate way to play the ladder, rather than the honor system it used to be. I've traded with people who have "SSF" in their character names plenty of times...
"
torturo wrote:
"
almostdead wrote:
"

source?

Chris Wilson, 2013

Could you bold the part that says ssf is bad for PoE?

"
We welcome players to play self-found if they’d like to, ... , but it's important that players can trade their items if they so choose

"
almostdead wrote:

Yes, just for you.

Better now?
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Jan 23, 2017, 9:28:12 AM
"
torturo wrote:
"
almostdead wrote:

Yes, just for you.

Better now?

I don't think any of that really means that what they are doing now is bad for PoE. Just means that it's important that players CAN trade if they WANT to.
Standard Forever
"
torturo wrote:
"
almostdead wrote:

Yes, just for you.

Better now?

not a single word there said that ssf, in the form it is being implemented, is bad for poe.
anyway Maswasnos already wrote a great post on it.
Last edited by almostdead on Jan 23, 2017, 9:37:23 AM
"
iamstryker wrote:

I don't think any of that really means that what they are doing now is bad for PoE.

Anyone said that what they are doing now is bad for the game?

"
almostdead wrote:
not a single word there said that ssf is bad for poe

The average IQ on forums is room-temp.

Ok, look. He explained that soulbound and inability to trade (which is self found) isn't good for the game health, as by design there's emphasis on player interaction and the virtual value of goods, both crucial factors. And they have no interest to implement such a mode for above stated reasons. Though they were generous enough to bring some options for people who prefer this play style.

You can replace "isn't good" with a proper synonym by your choice.
Yes, he didn't literally used the word "bad". But his wording had the same meaning in context. Shocking, isn't it.

If you wish, I can extract the bolded parts of his statement and place them here, for better readability.

If you intend to argue that if he didn't use a certain word in his statement, thus the overall meaning of it is different, I won't participate.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Jan 23, 2017, 10:02:45 AM
"
almostdead wrote:
"

source?

https://youtu.be/8y-QFqRHoPM?t=13m12s
"
Having it so that people can't trade is a very negative thing for the game that dramatically reduces the enjoyment that people would have.

He goes on about why no SSF league as a philosophical reason as it would reduce the fun of the game.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give moar Power Creep Pls

Last edited by Druga1757 on Jan 23, 2017, 10:18:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info