Some are creating "fake statements" about PoE/GGG; false generalizations... Legally Borderline.

"
"
kobrakhan wrote:
you can do what you want but "a second opinion from another lawyer" and "last words is mine" on spelling issues? are you sure?

He told me to give the text to my wrv, I told him, best case I make a colleague give me an opinion on my real work, but even then I make the final decision.

Can you even read?

I wrote all this almost on the fly, look at the number of lines and words.

Do you think I'm gonna ask for a second opinion for a post in a forum in the internet?

Oh boy, this community.

You agreed to Indemnify GGG when you registered your account (read the Terms). Good luck getting your case in court, Mr. Lawyer. ☺
"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." --George Carlin
guy, realy, no one cares about private stuff.
you can fly around and shitpost all day but please do it on lawyer bords or whatever.
"don't worry GGG, it's ok!"
"
Hardmuscle wrote:
No one would care about your grammar (or your native language, or anything else) if you weren't pretending to be a lawyer. It's obvious you overlooked the meaning of the word 'Indemnification', during your apparently short time in law school.

Find a lawyer and ask him if a contract redacted by one party, and created to be "accepted" by a huge and undetermined number of potential clients, a.k.a., a lot of individuals who have the only option of saying yes or no, can have the same power in every clause, compared to a normal contract, negotiated, redacted and discussed by two persons on a relative degree of balance in power, which has to include the possibility of making suggestions, and asking for changes in the terms of the agreement, and so on.

Even then, some clauses can still be illegal.

Some clauses can be legal in x country, but forbidden in another.

When a company puts a TOS together, they can write whatever they want, but even with a group of lawyers writing the document, they know there is a small chance, that some rules can eventually be object of dispute.

The point is, you make your contract as hard as you can.

Almost never anyone is gonna make a fuzz, and you get to apply your rules.

But there is a small chance that sometime, someone, with the resources, time and motivation, take his chances in court.

It's like when you contract a cellphone.

How much power do you have to change a part of the contract you don't like?

That does not mean, that the clients of said cellphone company are tied forever to the letter of those papers, even if that result in an absurd abuse of power.

(and yes, this can depend on the country and the company we are talking about, but the theory remains solid, even if because the cultural or political situation in some part of the world no one complains ever)
"
"
Hardmuscle wrote:
No one would care about your grammar (or your native language, or anything else) if you weren't pretending to be a lawyer. It's obvious you overlooked the meaning of the word 'Indemnification', during your apparently short time in law school.

Find a lawyer and ask him if a contract redacted by one party, and created to be "accepted" by a huge and undetermined number of potential clients, a.k.a., a lot of individuals who have the only option of saying yes or no, can have the same power in every clause, compared to a normal contract, negotiated, redacted and discussed by two persons on a relative degree of balance in power, which has to include the possibility of making suggestions, and asking for changes in the terms of the agreement, and so on.

Even then, some clauses can still be illegal.

Some clauses can be legal in x country, but forbidden in another.

When a company puts a TOS together, they can write whatever they want, but even with a group of lawyers writing the document, they know there is a small chance, that some rules can eventually be object of dispute.

The point is, you make your contract as hard as you can.

Almost never anyone is gonna make a fuzz, and you get to apply your rules.

But there is a small chance that sometime, someone, with the resources, time and motivation, take his chances in court.

It's like when you contract a cellphone.

How much power do you have to change a part of the contract you don't like?

That does not mean, that the clients of said cellphone company are tied forever to the letter of those papers, even if that result in an absurd abuse of power.

(and yes, this can depend on the country and the company we are talking about, but the theory remains solid, even if because the cultural or political situation in some part of the world no one complains ever)
This isn't about Criminal Law. This is about a game full of people who cry a lot and like to piss all over GGG's Property. You came here to announce their rights to do this and to imply it's perfectly reasonable under the law, when in fact it isn't. As it directly violates the Terms of Use agreed to upon registration (it's a contract, Mr. Lawyer). If GGG chooses to react according to the contract; Such as to ban someone for not crossing their t's; They have the full right to do so.
"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." --George Carlin
"
Hardmuscle wrote:
You agreed to Indemnify GGG when you registered your account (read the Terms). Good luck getting your case in court, Mr. Lawyer. ☺

Keep living in your creepy world.

And enjoy the fear of dreaming about GGG prosecuting you for what you say in the forums.

Join the person who created this thread.

You are trying to use fear to make people not talk about what they don't like about GGG,

the same day that a moderator left alone a huge rage thread against GGG,

but edited something probably "inappropriate" in the response of one of the white knights.

GGG does not censors the forums.

I have to give them that...

You see, that's a good move from GGG.
"
"
Hardmuscle wrote:

Keep living in your creepy world.

And enjoy the fear of dreaming about GGG prosecuting you for what you say in the forums.

Join the person who created this thread.

You are trying to use fear to make people not talk about what they don't like about GGG,

the same day that a moderator left alone a huge rage thread against GGG,

but edited something probably "inappropriate" in the response of one of the white knights.

GGG does not censors the forums.

I have to give them that...

You see, that's a good move from GGG.
I'm not trying to use anything. I'm saying it like it is. Whether or not they choose to (or choose not to) moderate particular aspects of the forum, does not imply a full grant of permission to anyone. Meaning, they can freely waltz in, ban 500 people, and there would not be damn thing "under the law" those people could do about it. Period. Goodnight.
Last edited by Hardmuscle on Jan 23, 2017, 4:26:17 AM
"
Hardmuscle wrote:
This isn't about Criminal Law. This is about a game full of people who cry a lot and like to piss all over GGG's Property. You came here to announce their rights to do this and to imply it's perfectly reasonable under the law, when in fact it isn't. As it directly violates the Terms of Use agreed to upon registration (it's a contract, Mr. Lawyer). If GGG chooses to react according to the contract; Such as to ban someone for not crossing their t's; They have the full right to do so.

I came here because this thread was almost as absurd as an act of linguistic terrorism.

And some people were taking that idea seriously.

And now you are here selling the idea that we all have to be afraid because a TOS exist in the world.

There's a thread with memes.

Probably GGG does not love the idea that we took bad the xbox thing.

Now, do you think it's good or bad for business to let people express their discontent with gifs instead of legal actions or leaving the game?

It's good, in particular if the thread where they post the memes is on their site, so we are all still generating traffic for them.

Do you think it would be a better idea to start banning users, streamers, with the followers discontent that something like that could create?

No, that not a good idea unless the streamer made something he / she can't come back from.

Relax the fuck down.

If the lab situation and the xbox debacle show something is that GGG knows how to handle this thing with minimum casualties.

And this is the last second I waste with this crap.

If you prefer to live in conspiracy city, feel free, but you are even interesting enough to keep this up.

Good Luck with your life.
come on stop writing bullshit,

GGG is gonna shadow ban 500 users for talking?

Holy shit.

I'm out for real, you are incredible.
"
"
Hardmuscle wrote:

I came here because this thread was almost as absurd as an act of linguistic terrorism.

And some people were taking that idea seriously.

And now you are here selling the idea that we all have to be afraid because a TOS exist in the world.

There's a thread with memes.

Probably GGG does not love the idea that we took bad the xbox thing.

Now, do you think it's good or bad for business to let people express their discontent with gifs instead of legal actions or leaving the game?

It's good, in particular if the thread where they post the memes is on their site, so we are all still generating traffic for them.

Do you think it would be a better idea to start banning users, streamers, with the followers discontent that something like that could create?

No, that not a good idea unless the streamer made something he / she can't come back from.

Relax the fuck down.

If the lab situation and the xbox debacle show something is that GGG knows how to handle this thing with minimum casualties.

And this is the last second I waste with this crap.

If you prefer to live in conspiracy city, feel free, but you are even interesting enough to keep this up.

Good Luck with your life.

That isn't why you came here tonight.

"

Holy shit. As a lawyer, I had to log in to respond to this bullshit.
<...>
Costumers, even in the Internet, have rights

"
come on stop writing bullshit,

GGG is gonna shadow ban 500 users for talking?

Holy shit.

I'm out for real, you are incredible.

It's pretty clear I meant that in a hypothetical sense.

You're either trolling or you're not a lawyer. Take your pick.
Last edited by Hardmuscle on Jan 23, 2017, 4:34:47 AM
you are right

you were always right

except it seems you fergot to read the first post in this thread

but you are always right

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info