Quest for easy, cheap and fun bow build for Ranger

Hi!

I have played for years now, but only occasionally, so I have never got really good expertise of the game. I have usually just picked one of the builds that looks like I could use it. But it is always hard to find a build that you can use if:

- You want to be self found. I know that you can easily buy stuff, but it is not the same thing. Crafted stuff is OK, rare stuff is OK (if there is information what to look in the equipment). There can be good unique option for the gear, but it should not be a must.

- Leveling is the thing. Usually the league ends before I can even start mapping. I play occasionally, few hours now, few hours next week. I don't look for optimized end game build, I look solid basic build to play the game thru. Maybe few maps and so, but not really a mapping character.

- You want details. In witch order I do this and that. This is important to a person who walks slow thru the game. Wrong decisions in build order can make the game frustrating, if you don't know why you are dying all the time.

- You want the build to be beginner friendly. Remember the time when you started the game first time? There is endless options for advanced min-maxer, but they are intimidating for a beginner. You open the passive tree when you get the first level and realize that you have no idea what to do. You go to the forums and are overwhelmed by the requirements for builds and mechanics.

What I want is really simplistic build that I can show to a friend who installed the game 15 minutes ago and say to him "So, you want to be an archer. Well, by following this build you won't get the best character in the game, but you can play the the game thru and learn the basics without using too much time in planning"

OK, now you know what I am after. Can you help me? What would be an easy, self found bow build for ranger?

- Primary gem
- Leveling passive tree
- What to look for a gear
- Bandits
- Ascendancy options

Thank you!

PS. NeverSink's guide is excellent, but I am looking something more simplistic that can be used as an example option. And of course this build should be for 2.5.
Last bumped on Jan 21, 2017, 1:06:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info