It's Not Your Money

FFS here we go again...

A supporter pack implied a higher cost, because it was a way to give money to GGG to develop the game.

They were working for 2 years (or something) in silence on the xbox bs, ok that's wrv.

They were developing the game WITH THE PORT IN MIND DURING THAT TIME.

All in silence, while many users were not happy with the direction of the game.

A lot of supporters would have never put that money into the game if they had full knowledge.

During that time GGG still got the money from supporters and normal transactions.

A lot of people, if they knew, would have not made that investment.

Do you see why it's normal that those people think this was a scam?

Why didn't GGG made some kind of statement WHEN THEY STARTED DESIGNING THE GAME WITH THE POR IN MIND?

They kept cashing in tho...

"
iamstryker wrote:
I think it's amusing that so many people are pretending that they donated. How many of them would have given all of that money for nothing in return, a true donation? They wanted their stuff, their packs, tabs, effects. If you spent money on any of that then you were absolutely not donating even if you were happy to support the company.

No company is going to divulge their plans that are months/years down the road, for a variety of reasons. Complainers are being so unrealistic.
even if its pure donating (intents are iffy to figure out), it shouldn't be a problem. companies change directions all the time. sad ?yes. do people have the right to demand their money back for what they donated before ? um, no. just like kickstarters supporters only get $ back if game is not released, they can be mad and disappointed about the direction the game has gone into (like me), but its just silly to demand donated money back.
If you keep people thinking the game is going according to plan,

but you in silence have plans to make relevant design changes for about 2 year in advance,

and you don't disclose that information, that could be relevant for the consumers,

to decide if or how much or in which way to spend money...

then it sounds a lot less innocent than a simple business decision about normal company problems.
"

A supporter pack implied a higher cost, because it was a way to give money to GGG to develop the game.

Where do you even get shit like that?

"Supporter" Packs have amazing value per dollar compared to single point purchases. In adition to the normal 10 points per dollar, you get "free" virtual and physical stuff alongside it.

Basically, whenever you are buying points, its better to save up for at least the lowest level supporter pack. Not because you are "Supporting" GGG, but because you, the consumer, is getting the most out of it for each dollar spent.

And yes, of their 90+ people that work for ggg, 3 people have worked on the xbox port. How dare they!

People really need to get their heads out of their ass, and accept that GGG is a company with responsibilites towards their employees first and foremost. They need to pay those people so they can put food on their table. I am pretty sure that "spending money people give for supporter packs in a way that doesnt somehow piss them off." is on the very ass end of a long long list of other responsibilities. One of which is most likely "expand for a second line of revenue for aditional security" which is listed near the top end.

Just be glad that the second line of revenue is still PoE, and has real overlap with this game so development time spent on one benefits the other. GGG could just as well have made a second game.
"
Hatstick wrote:
I think too, that my spend Money for MTX Stuff are not "my Money" anymore and GGG can do with it, what the Compnay want. I am not angry about this, BUT...

... in the Future i dont spend Money anymore to support GGG, because i dont like the Way PoE goes and i dont like Multiplattform. Thats my right as a Consumer.

Someone who gets it

Doesn't matter if you "payed", "donated", "supported" or whatever the hell you wanna call it.

The shop/packs are all optional, you can play the game without them. The reason you gave GGG money matters little.
With that in mind, people are free to stop giving them money if they are not happy with the direction the game is taking (and since it's optional, they can still play the freaking game). I don't understand what's so hard to understand about this...

I, as a long time supporter, am a little concerned about this, since no PC game I know went multiplatform and become better. Maybe I'll stop buying packs, maybe not, I'll wait and see what happens in 3.0
"Live by the sword, live a good, LONG time"
"
sparkatus wrote:

With that in mind, people are free to stop giving them money if they are not happy with the direction the game is taking (and since it's optional, they can still play the freaking game). I don't understand what's so hard to understand about this...

I think everyone gets that, I would also add "not pleased with the direction GGG is going".

Will I buy/support whatever again? Of course not.

Are there many other that feel the same? Probably.

Will Pc poe continue to flourish/improve in the long/short term? Maybe.

Has GGG damaged their reputation? Definitely.

Yes, its not our money anymore

But what you neglect here is that the money in our wallet is still ours

and is now less likely to be GGG's
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Jan 24, 2017, 10:58:28 AM
"
Cataca wrote:
"

Where do you even get shit like that?

"Supporter" Packs have amazing value per dollar compared to single point purchases. In adition to the normal 10 points per dollar, you get "free" virtual and physical stuff alongside it.

Basically, whenever you are buying points, its better to save up for at least the lowest level supporter pack. Not because you are "Supporting" GGG, but because you, the consumer, is getting the most out of it for each dollar spent.

And yes, of their 90+ people that work for ggg, 3 people have worked on the xbox port. How dare they!

People really need to get their heads out of their ass, and accept that GGG is a company with responsibilites towards their employees first and foremost. They need to pay those people so they can put food on their table. I am pretty sure that "spending money people give for supporter packs in a way that doesnt somehow piss them off." is on the very ass end of a long long list of other responsibilities. One of which is most likely "expand for a second line of revenue for aditional security" which is listed near the top end.

Just be glad that the second line of revenue is still PoE, and has real overlap with this game so development time spent on one benefits the other. GGG could just as well have made a second game.

Holy shit, tell that to the 1k supporters.

You get half the points and some bs marketing to feel good.

If the supporter packs were indeed a better investment, then the whole thing would have been retarded.

They literally were for a long time a way to give GGG more money than you would otherwise pay for points.

Supporter packs were not sold as a way to save money, but as an excuse for player who wanted to support the game to do so.

At one point in time, you got half the points you could have gotten with the same amount of money.
I don't really understand the outrage.

Regardless of whether it was a donation or transaction...

Why were so many supporting members sure that every cent of their money would go exclusively to the support of the PC version of the game?

Would you be more content if they simply spent it all on buying fancy stuff for their wives and kids? Or for copious amounts of crack?
Instead they spent a small part of the cash on extending the reach of the game you are passionate about to another audience, which potentially means more income for them, with more resources to spare.

Would you be as outraged if GGG had announced the launch of a new PC game? That would be far more "disrupting" to the current state of PoE.

Or you selfishly hope that you pay them to develop exclusively your version of the game indefinitely, without any branching out and expanding? Imagine if Blizzard would stop at Warcraft I, never producing Warcraft II or Starcraft, because original fans would've been outraged.

Making a port of the existing game is the least disruptive (for the game in question) way to expand the studio's reach.

I also assure you they are definitely thinking of making new games, either in the same genre or different. Would you have the same attitude "this is not what I'm paying you for!" in that case? What about Linux/OSX ports? And if they started the visual novels series?

You supported the studio. Without new projects any studio would wither and die, leaking creative people who are tired of same old game. And that's how you get companies working without drive or vision, just routinely issuing updates to an old game. Do you want that?

Main reason for supporting the studio is that you like both their product and the way they conduct business. They've proven numerous times that they sticj to their promises, not succumbing to the economic viles of paid DLC or subscriptions. Expanding their existing product to ither platforms will also mean that those users supporting the game will also support your version. Yes, initially the development would need an investment, but that's investment in the future, not flushing your cash in the toilet.

Did they hurt their reputation in my eyes? Hell, no. Now I'm confident they will continue to support PoE rather than moving to different projects altogether in the near future. Now I see that they are not a dying, but a growing studio, so it's easier for me to spend time and money in this game.

I don't get the outrage, at all.
I am not really outraged. Its just that one of the things I've liked about GGG is things like the dev manifestos. A level of transparency that showed, 'here is whats coming up. Here is why we did X. etc etc'.

To be clear, not claiming they owe it to us to give us X% transparency or anything. I just think that was what kept a lot of the community happy. Recently, we've seen a definite disconnect in GGG communication on the forums and even reddit. Yes, there are probably other reasons for this like the increased player base and just the sheer amount of hate and rage on the forums. Still, that impression is definitely there that GGG has stopped being as communicative as they used to.

That, to me atleast, bothers me more than the port. Had there been a dev manifesto saying 'Guys, we think its a good revenue stream so we will be expanding. Dont know when, but it will happen. We will do whatever we can to ensure PC isn't impacted negatively.' I think 50-70% of the complaints would never have happened.

My 2c anyway.

~Myth

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info