Brand new player, looking to make a Ranger!

So I just downloaded this game off of Steam, and the Steam forums were suggesting that I come here and find a beginner build to learn the game with. Unfortunately, there's so many builds listed to choose from, that I'm a little bit overwhelmed. Could anyone suggest a good Ranger build for a beginner? I'd prefer to play at range for my first character, though I'm open to melee if ranged is just plain inferior.
Last bumped on Jan 21, 2017, 4:54:31 PM
I am absolutely no expert, so take whatever I have to say with a grain of salt. Personally, though, I find Tornado Shot to be the most effective and fun ranged skill to focus on. I spent ages with a Chin Sol bow and Point Blank support, and it worked okay. I'm sure experts will be able to advise you better, but it might be a decent place to start.

One warning, though: apparently the Point Blank passive and skill gem don't stack, so don't do what I did and spend countless hours running around with a useless gem socketed :P
Haha, I'll keep that in mind! Thanks for the tips, so far I've been using what the game's given me for gems, which is Burning Arrow and Split Arrow. Of course, I'm still really early in the game, but I'll definitely keep my eyes open for Tornado Shot!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info