What items are valuable but a new player wouldn't know?

I'm relatively new to the game and I'm in the process of modifying my personal loot filter.

Some examples of things I've learned that are valuable that aren't that apparent.

Normal ilvl 84 Fingerless Silk Gloves - 100 Chaos
Most ilvl 84 Crystal Belts - 1 Exalt

Anything along these lines would be appreciated.
livejamie
Last bumped on Jan 20, 2017, 1:22:22 PM
Rare weapon with t1-t2 flat phys and hibrid phys/acc, and free prefix might be easy to miss for new player probably.
Or for example "from the void" prophecy' (~40c).
Agnerod's staffs.
Half of +50c jewellry looks like it's not too usefull (at first sight), too.
Burn all the orbs!
Last edited by skuadak on Jan 20, 2017, 4:00:47 AM
Thanks for responding
livejamie
"
skuadak wrote:
Agnerod's staffs.

How much is normal for those? Especially in the HC Breach league? I hope I didn't fall for a price fix...
Highest Character: Level 92 86% Block/Static Strike Champion - Abyss League
I get bored of the grind around 90, probably won't ever get a higher character.
"
livejamie wrote:
Thanks for responding

truth to be told I guess really rich (so rly pro at the matter) won't share their secrets.

http://poe.ninja/bsc/currency
this site helps

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1811854
exotix stuff

in general, people don't like to share this stuff to lightly, as you see. Learing takes time, sharing may spoil buisness, stuff like that propably.

Burn all the orbs!
"
"
skuadak wrote:
Agnerod's staffs.

How much is normal for those? Especially in the HC Breach league? I hope I didn't fall for a price fix...

no slightiest idea, I sold mine forl ike 10c or 15c 1 month ago at bsc.

this site knows (when you learn basics anbout filters):
http://poe.trade/

p.s. So at the end I'm playing role of trade expert, lol...
I saw everything, I can die with no regrets
Burn all the orbs!
Last edited by skuadak on Jan 20, 2017, 12:14:05 PM
Yeah jewels is a big area that requires deep knowledge of mechanics and not easy to look up on poe.trade, like jewels with a mix of spellcaster and attack speed stats can easily be misjudged, or minion damage + X (Scourge builds), some builds value resistances on jewels because of all the uniques they use, or base stats (HoWA, Whispering Ice, Iron Commander) etc.

Agnerod's lost their value when BV+PF died. Knowing what is valuable is complicated. It requires a knowledge of affix tiers/rolls, gear bases, builds that are popular and what they use, niche builds that have a following, and what they use (specifically items that are less common). The "meta" is pretty well spread out right now, so it is harder to pinpoint exactly what is expensive. Having an understanding of WHY ilevel84 Crystal Belts, or Steel Rings, etc. are valuable IMO is just as important as knowing that they are valuable (limited drop locations of specific zone levels, etc.).
U MAD?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info