Please reconsider Controller Support

First off, I'm well aware of Chris' statement that there will be no controller support for PC. My goal here is to persuade GGG to reconsider.

I belong to the small group of PoE players that uses special software to convert controller input into mouse clicks and thus effectively play the game with a controller. For me this is the only way I can still play this game. I have a few health issues regarding the use of my right arm and due to how click heavy the game is I can't play with mouse for longer than an hour and even then it hurts a lot.

Currently this controller software isn't that great. It's buggy, inaccurate and it creates even more lag and interruption during movement. Even without these problems the game becomes a lot harder on controller and I already have to build around the limitations of my controls. But, I'm fine with that, I rather play like this then to not play PoE at all.

With PoE getting a release for Xbox it seems to me that official controller support is actually possible and without to much effort. I understand that allowing for the game to be played in two different ways creates the situation that one of the two is going to be less optimal and might be seen as unfair or having a disadvantage. In my experience, keyboard and mouse will always be the better way to play.

But I'm quite certain I'm not the only one that would happily accept playing the game in a less than optimal way if it meant official controller support. As long as everyone is well aware that the PC version isn't optimal for controllers and never will be, by adding a clear disclaimer to the option, I highly doubt anyone is going to object it being there.

So GGG, please reconsider.
Last bumped on Jan 19, 2017, 12:54:10 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info