Crown of Eyes these days

I was wondering how useful this thing is these days. Most of the spelldamage nodes dont seem to be that efficient compared to the other attack nodes I could get.
The only thing on my way would be the attack & spelldamage node in the shadow start and the 4% inc. spell damage per PC. with 8 charges thats a good amount of spelldamage but compared to what an abyssus would give me I feel like its a bit underwhelming.

Can you even make something with this or is it just junk nowadays?
Last bumped on Jan 19, 2017, 6:51:13 AM
It isn't really junk, it's still very rare and there's some demand for it at the start of the league, mostly from wanders that can get a lot of increased damage from weapon mods and implicits.

There are a few of the more exotic builds that might want to use it, primarily those that try scaling both spells and attacks, but that doesn't really fall into the practical build category.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Jan 19, 2017, 6:21:28 AM
Why do you keep flinging around "nowadays"? It's the same thing.

It's for hybrid attack/spell builds. Its functionality has not changed.
"
ShadyC wrote:
Why do you keep flinging around "nowadays"? It's the same thing.

It's for hybrid attack/spell builds. Its functionality has not changed.

If I recall correctly there has been a pretty big nerf followed by a massive decline in demand.

I see. Since I have no real experience with wanders thats something I didnt take into account. Interesting.
"
Pyrollusion wrote:
If I recall correctly there has been a pretty big nerf followed by a massive decline in demand.

Yep. Used to be the de-facto endgame Attacker item, Spells be damned. Those were the days More/Less Spell Damage were also applied to Attacks, most notable being Pain Attunement of course.

With how rare Spell Damage passives are, you'd be looking at gear and Jewels for value nowadays.
(heh)
yeah, it's not necessarily just wanders. I just made one cast when channeling blade flurry build and it works great with it. The thing is you need to itemize well with it. You can get ES shields with 80 or something spell dmg. For example. You can even make cheap use of Doedre's Tenure without drawbacks. You can use iron will as well or use the Repentance gloves. It's not what it used to be, but there are niches for the crown.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info