Make SSF mandatory

We're down to about every 3-4 months for this suggestion. It was a really popular discussion about two years ago. But it didn't change anything. So... no real reason to try again, is there?
no....
D3 did that. I came here. NTY.

If you don't like trading don't trade. You can be very successful in over the years. I've found almost one of everything at this point and could build almost anything except builds requiring latest uniques. You just have to have way more patience playing this way.

But trade is not only about building what you want, and faster, but min maxing which is nearly impossible SF.
Git R Dun!
No thanks.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
"
_Saranghaeyo_ wrote:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh shit you were being serious

I mean still.

^
Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Trade is one the best aspects of this game man, many people love it because of trading.
ey
Nope thank you. If i want to do SSF i do so.
You would make a lot of people angry if you took away their easy-mode (buying which makes up for the crappy RNG) or took away their money-making goals (selling and taking advantage of others' crappy RNG)

If it were a league of its own I do not see why that would upset anyone (like hardcore vs. softcore).

If it were a league of its own... as a SSF player... I still would probably not join. Why would I bother? I can avoid trade just fine the way it is.

Edit: I reread the original post.

Higher drop rates of things? And maybe better crafting rather than gambling? Ok, I lied. I would play that in a heartbeat. The RNG of this game is abysmal. I would not complain to it being fixed in the core game as it is though... Other people trading does not bother me one way or the other. My horrid luck, however, does bother me. Greatly.
Last edited by SudianX on Jan 19, 2017, 11:41:13 AM
Yes, yes, trading in PoE is very specific, to say the least. Yes, yes, balance is a myth and drop rates are sad.

But: typically I play with a friend, duo, so if PoE turns into SSF, we will not play.
And then if I want to play specific build that requires specific unique item, I will not be able to purchase it after I save up enough for it, but instead have to play gimped build until it drops (at that point I will already be 93 and thinking of rerolling new character).

All in all, turning a multiplayer game into singleplayer with global chat doesn't seem like a great idea to me.

PoE offers the cooperation of party play (with all the benefits of increased experience gain, loot and lag), not just trade as the player interaction, it would be wrong to assume that.
✠ ✠
"
IronSteel wrote:
That's the only way, I'm afraid, to make game longer and more enjoyable.

Along with SSF, add an increased drop rate of good rares and uniques that suits the build players are running. I.E, unique bows drop to bow users, and so on. Also, improve the chances on getting a 5l/6l and let all skills be attainable by all players via vendor (only drop-restricted gems remain as is).

My 2c.

You can already play self-found, so why force it upon others?

It is not a requirement to play the game that you have all the best stuff, and you can easily play with what you find, including later game stages.

NOTHING is hindering you playing self-found. If you do, you'll find ALL the best items yourself... as they'll be the best you have access to! You'll have your preferred playstyle, and others can then choose to play their preferred playstyle.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info