100% Fire BV Prolif Elementalist

Hi guys,

Lately i've been trying to build out a 100% Fire conversion Blade Vortex Elementalist, and I have a few unresolved issues i'd like to ask you about :

Why this build ?

Because of the Taming + Emberwake combo ofc !

-> I wanted to try this combo for a long time, and I was thinking : "why not use BV to proc ignites at an insane amount ?"

Plus, it's a shitload of fun to see the whole packs burning :D

What i'm actually using ?

-> Emberwake + The Taming as ring for a potential 3000% increased damage.
-> The Signal Fire quiver, to convert 50% of physical damage to fire, and gain 35% extra fire dmg on BV.
-> A new essence-crafted spell damage bow since i'm stuck with a quiver (+1 gem could be great when i have the currency).
-> The Avatar of Fire keystone of course, to get to 100% fire damage on BV.
-> The Shaper of Desolation elementalist node, for MORE IGNITES.
-> Basically any "+ x% chance to ignite" i can get, in order to proc ingites as often as possible when I'm not under the Igniting Conflux
-> And a Flamability curse linked to blasphemy, for MORE IGNITES again.

I decided to go Low Life : since i start the tree as a Witch, ES is easier to stack + Pain Attenuement gives me 30% more spell damage on BV.

After leveling up to lvl 70, meaning i'm able to use Shavronne's and Doryani's belt for the fire leech + chance to ignite while on flask effect, I'm wondering if this would ever be viable for end-game maps and bosses :

First of all : cast speed is not the best since i can't run Haste and have almost zero cast speed nodes on my tree. With the increased duration nodes, it's ok but not as good as i hope, and i'm stuck with spell echo + cast speed, wasting the opportunity to use fire pen or added fire dmg...

Then, the stun issu : obvious answer would be Skyforth, which I tried out, but i really dont benefit from mana reservation or power charge generation (since i use Controlled Destruction + Elemental Overload node). I guess using a good old pair of Gang's Momentum with +7% ignite chance is even more worth...

And then again, mana regeneration issues : i didn't do all the maths, but i'm pretty sure that i can't sustain a 6-linked BV perma-cast with only %mana regen on amulet (since my 2 rings slots are taken) and lvl 20 clarity. Maybe i should invest more on that on the tree... Or maybe I should just keep a mana flask for bosses...

Here is my passive tree with 103 pts : http://poeplanner.com/AAQAAOMjAABv34rpAkuuGyXZW20ZEVA1uacrHU-X9FJTPV-XlUyz0B_v6zsNEQ-smPFsIbA095eFLpT314RIXGvDbeL3AW-Lepuhj0YdFK-NEmkYZacI2CRWSOvuHNy4k48aKPqCx_noV8k3gw18pusspjdm6ro0CrQMRnGDCW-eykpfsJu1hMXDOio4ytO-iqEvkyfviPk3189JsX_GflkRlgcelS7w1UlRj_rQ0F9qDkhd8isKES_rYzY9napsjGKsG8jP3fGKsnAqU2KVHb4zhwPuJ6nUB9yNa3rIv0ZS_EwXpBM1AAAAAAA=

With this kind of investment into ES nodes + 2 Energy From Within jewels, i should go up to 7k5+ ES as Low Life

My links are : BV + Spell Echo + Faster Casting + Controlled Destruction + Life Leech + Inc/Conc Effect

I run Discipline + Blasphemy Flammability + Clarity + Arctic Armour as auras (on both life and mana)

My questions are :

1) Any idea about the tree / gear to improve cast speed / mana regen / stun ?
2) Is this even worth trying ? I mean, bow + quiver 100% fire BV works well with RF chieftains, so why bother on a witch that would never get up to the challenge... ?
3) Should I try going occultist ? loosing chances to ignite but allowing me to try out the new Xoph's Nurture bow (50% fire conversion +10% chance to ignite + elemental prolif) in combo with AoF to get 100% and a legacy Soul Strike quiver to be imba-regenerating ES through it's synergy with the occultist passives) ? That would actually give me more flexibility on the tree, maybe skip a few ES nodes for more cast speed / fire dmg / mana regen...

Am I just wasting currency here or does the whole thing look viable at any point ?
Last bumped on Jan 17, 2017, 11:32:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info