Damage taken to mana vs damage gained to mana.

So if I have MoM and/or some other similar effects but also have "damage gained as mana" at the SAME VALUE...will it cancel the damage out entirely as long as the maximum pool is big enough?

To illustrate:

10.000 HP

5000 Mana

50% Damage taken, taken as mana damage
50% of damage taken GAINED as mana

Damage hit taken: 10.000

5K to hp, 5K to mana.

HP and Mana after hit:

5K/10K HP

5K/5K Mana (no change)

Is that about right, or am I missing something...because I want to try tanking like that...but if someone already knows the exact mechanics...would be perfect to know it beforehand.
Last bumped on Jan 16, 2017, 9:53:51 PM
You gain the mana before it's subtracted from your life (or in this case, from your mana). You'd end up with 0 mana after your theoretical hit, but a second hit would then gain your mana up to full before it was taken down to 0 again. So you'd effectively still be "absorbing" half the damage, but your mana would be empty, not full, between hits.
So it'd be terrible/not working for trying to effectively tank heavy hits but good at "nullifying" the mana cost of mana hits in rapid succession...get it.

THanks for the answer!
"
Shehriazad wrote:
So it'd be terrible/not working for trying to effectively tank heavy hits but good at "nullifying" the mana cost of mana hits in rapid succession...get it.
why would it be terrible? it'll still work just fine as long as you have "gained as" more or equal to "taken as".
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info