Got stuck in the game content.

The trade macro is useless for rares, just FYI. The only way you are going to learn to price rares properly is by looking things up.

Your gear looks more than adequate for literally all content in the game. You just need to min-max now. Things like quality on your Temp Chains, divining your staff to 12% cast speed/18% Int, blessing your belt to 80 ES implicit, etc. I have been playing a similar build, and with very similar gear can basically facetank Minotaur, Chimera, and Phoenix (just leap out when he starts to charge his explosion/discharge). Hydra takes a bit more maneuvering (just stay right on top of her... but behind her, so you are always leeching, but never get hit by her barrage/blast rain).

For making currency, the best way IMO, is just mapping. Spend as little as possible. You need zero gear upgrades at this point to do any maps. Re-roll nothing. If a map rolls hex-proof (which is shit for our build), sell the map. Don't waste chaos/scours re-rolling IMO). Ideally you just Alch-and-go. Learning what is valuable takes time and experience, but the good news is that you don't "need" any gear. So any profit will be just that, profit, not "money to invest in gear". Once you get the Guardian fights down (and I promise, you will), selling fragments can be a solid source of income. You can also farm tier 14/15 maps, and sell tier 16 maps that drop (if you want/need the cash). The only Zana mod I would ever consider would be bloodlines, since it adds a bunch of mobs that can drop +1tier maps. Don't put it on just any map. I would put it on maps that roll very high quant/packsize maybe.

Also, efficiency in terms of what you pickup can be important. Minimizing time spent in your hideout sorting loot is good. Time spent fucking around with your stash/vendoring is time that would be better spent killing monsters that can drop potentially valuable shit :D
Don't pick up shit-base rares (if you aren't already, get a loot filter that differentiates tiers of bases, like Neversink's). Most rare bases are not worth picking up, even "good ones"... Pick up high tier/level ES bases like Vaal Regalias, Hubris, Titanium Spirit Shields, Sorc boots/gloves, etc. Rings and amulets are basically always worth picking up, because shit base jewellery can always be vaaled if it rolls good affixes. If you vaal +1 curse on a shit base amulet that has good affixes, you're rich!

Whatever you do, don't waste currency crafting. It is a black hole for currency, unless you are very rich, and very knowledgeable about how to guarantee rolls, etc.
U MAD?
Last edited by Docbp87 on Jan 16, 2017, 11:00:49 AM
"
old_nihilist wrote:

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
dont craft, dont use zana mods on maps, that will stop the currency leak.

Tbh sounds like ur doing fine for a new player, more than fine even, sounds like ur doing well. Just keep doing it, drop ur prices if stuff isnt selling. Crafting and zana mods are how people who are already rich throw their excess money down the toilet and occasionally get some profit back from doing them. the likelyhood of crafting a better chest than the one u have is extremely remote.

I had a conversation with some man who said me that he had earned 90ex from the start of the league just by spaming c.o on silk glove. It costs him about 30-50 co to make good gloves... And he said that this is the best way to get currency. I don't need better chest, I thing I got a good one. I need better boots I think. But It is tooo expensive. This night I ran 20 or 30 maps and earned only 30 c.o...

well st the start of the league there is potential to make way more money than there is at this point in a league. 90ex... its possible, exalts are 40 chaos at the start of a league, so hes averaging spending 1 exalt on every pair of gloves, I doubt hes factoring in that expense in his profits.

Ive watched people in my guild throw 50 chaos on spirit shields and hit 2x 500+ es shields, Ive also watched 350 chaos burnt on a spirit shield in a row without ever hitting more than about 320 es. Its rng, I dont doubt theres money to be made crafting es gear early in a league, but its far from a sure thing. I think ull find people who do that are already making a lot of money from other sources, they have the capital to get burned and brush it off.

Are you sure you only made 30c? Did u convert all ur alterations from vendoring rares into fusing? Were you doing chaos recipe?

In the first week of this league I spent maybe 150 fusing 5linking an armour I had, then spent 300 fusing to 5L a guildmates armour, then saved up 870 more fusing, bought an armour for 2 exalts and 6 linked it using 700 of the 870. Thats 1320 fusing collected in 1 week along with a number of exalts, while buying gear for every other slot on my character. but to put that in perspective I probably ran 20 maps an hour for at least 10 hours per day. T1-4 maps that I transmuted and ran, only rerolled phys reflect. At the start of a league thats possible, I couldnt make that right now running them, 40c per exalt, then I could sell the exalt for whatever it was, 140+ fusing? something ridiculous like that. I wasnt alching maps, I was alching amulets to use with breach rings to make chaos recipe, certainly wasnt crafting or using zana mods, or even running yellow tier maps never mind reds.

I found a binos, sold it for 2ex, theyre worth 3c now, found a deaths hand, sold it for 3ex, theyre worth 1c now. Early league has its own environment where there is potential to make money in certain ways, by a month in thats gone. You can still make money now, but I think its more about already having a massive supply of high red maps, already having a lot of chaos and exalts, already having many tabs of high value items you can sell and just keeping that ticking over, its not a good time to get started, crap to mid tier gear is essentially worthless, almost every unique is worthless, its a very narrow market. Being wealthy in a league is usually about starting strong and then snowballing it over time.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

In the first week of this league I spent maybe 150 fusing 5linking an armour I had, then spent 300 fusing to 5L a guildmates armour, then saved up 870 more fusing, bought an armour for 2 exalts and 6 linked it using 700 of the 870. Thats 1320 fusing collected in 1 week along with a number of exalts, while buying gear for every other slot on my character. but to put that in perspective I probably ran 20 maps an hour for at least 10 hours per day. T1-4 maps that I transmuted and ran, only rerolled phys reflect. At the start of a league thats possible, I couldnt make that right now running them, 40c per exalt, then I could sell the exalt for whatever it was, 140+ fusing? something ridiculous like that. I wasnt alching maps, I was alching amulets to use with breach rings to make chaos recipe, certainly wasnt crafting or using zana mods, or even running yellow tier maps never mind reds.

I found a binos, sold it for 2ex, theyre worth 3c now, found a deaths hand, sold it for 3ex, theyre worth 1c now. Early league has its own environment where there is potential to make money in certain ways, by a month in thats gone. You can still make money now, but I think its more about already having a massive supply of high red maps, already having a lot of chaos and exalts, already having many tabs of high value items you can sell and just keeping that ticking over, its not a good time to get started, crap to mid tier gear is essentially worthless, almost every unique is worthless, its a very narrow market. Being wealthy in a league is usually about starting strong and then snowballing it over time.
About how many hours a day did you play during the first two weeks of the league?
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
"
ChanBalam wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

About how many hours a day did you play during the first two weeks of the league?
Shame on me for missing that. :(

3 minutes a map!! Impressive. I'm not so dedicated nor a good enough player to do that. I guess I'll be mostly poor....
US Mountain Time Zone
I was running mostly beaches and oasis, transmuted, with a 93% movespeed build that also had whirling blades, so its not like that was chomping through rare red tier maps at a pace, it was just 1 shotting packs on the run, quicksilver always up type thing.

I played 36 hours on day 1 bleeding into day 2. I sort of stopped after 24 but then ended up going back in when a cup of tea and some biscuits woke me up.

Everyone has different ways of making money, I dont really bother with any schemes like rushing X content or flipping X items/currency etc, its just too much planning and giving a shit, I cant be bothered. All I do is play a lot of hours, know how to price items reasonably well, be online a lot to make sales. This league I did a lot of chaos recipe because the excess of breach rings seemed to invite it. I actually got decent gear this league, in the past I would just play almost completely self found and stack some magic find. This league I was putting together fusing for a 6 link, otherwise i would just be trying to cash everything up to exalts asap because they tend to just get progressively more expensive over the first 3 weeks.

i dont even care about the leagues, all Im interested in is getting items to take back to standard for different builds I have there, or maybe just interesting items i might use in future. Ill happily play a whole league in virtual rags and put the money towards items i wont even use in the league itself.
Hearing such strategies from great players is always interesting. Thanks very much. :)

How did/do breach rings fit into the chaos recipe?
US Mountain Time Zone
They're used for a full set of identified rare items, granting you 1 chaos orb instead of 2 for unidentified rares.
I guess that that early in the game knowing what you get is more important than the two chaos and not knowing. In each league it seems that it is either rare rings or rare amulets that is the "hard to find" item for the chaos recipe. For me in standard it is rings and in Breach it is amulets.
US Mountain Time Zone
actually I stoped vendoring chaos recepies... it takes to much time to portal-recipie-poral... even changed neveraink's filter to restrict version. But Im still cant gain enough profit from maps farming... i have a lot of rings with at least 3 tier1-3 afixes at 1co... and nobody needs it..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info