Help me Quit My Job

Spoiler
"
Boem wrote:
To be fair i just now watched it and had a laugh, seems like a solid sunday to me.

I gave my nephew a handcrafted Ferrari car to ride in, does that count?
(it's an old race-type though)

Spoiler

^based on one of those.

Obviously, love was the key component \o/

On a serious note :
You should have added a goal and vision which people could share. For example, traveling the world and posting your dance from various well known locations around the globe.
Which would create a basis for a group of followers that can aspire true your actions.
With the premise being that you wish to quit your job in order to travel the world, providing entertainment to donators along the way.

I know it's a joke, but i don't see why if done correctly in this day and age you wouldn't be able to make a living from something as ridicules as this.

Peace,

-Boem-

Because I don't want to :) The whole point was to make it pointless, a bit absurd but at least honest. I don't need money for my goal and vision. It was mostly an exercise in writing.

These guys dancing to Tunak Tunak Tun are epic.

About not having a real Ferrari: please don't talk to me.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Jan 15, 2017, 10:58:00 AM
"
Bars wrote:
"
How about trying a different angle? Keep dancing until someone pays you to stop. ;)

Won't work. I am so terrible at it, people prefer to watch.

Don't sweat it, lack of rhythm and coordination is a sure sign of intellect, the brain is hogging all the bandwidth so very little is left for peripherals. It helps if I think that way.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Bars, you could become a manwhore. In some countries/states, it's legal. There are lots of over 35 women who would probably pay for some action. Or if you swing the other way, you could probably make even more money.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Jan 15, 2017, 11:04:29 AM
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
Bars, you could become a manwhore. In some countries/states, it's legal. There are lots of over 35 women who would probably pay for some action. Or if you swing the other way, you could probably make even more money.

You didn't read anything, did you?

"
I love reading, writing, playing and sex. I can't or won't do any of these for money.

Besides, the idea is to avoid work. Being a manwhore sounds like work.

Ugh.

"
raics wrote:

Don't sweat it, lack of rhythm and coordination is a sure sign of intellect, the brain is hogging all the bandwidth so very little is left for peripherals. It helps if I think that way.

This is a nice explanation. A more probable one: I fell on my head as a baby, right on the part of the brain responsible for musical and mathematical functions. I have no other explanation why I am well above the bell curve in almost all other areas and a complete idiot in these.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Jan 15, 2017, 11:08:56 AM
"
Bars wrote:

Naw, I just like shitposting on the interwebz.

My sister dropped me twice on my head when i was a kid and smacked me once with a golf pole in the face.

I'm going to blame my lack of a Ferrari on that.

Brutal honesty is a good trade-mark which i enjoy, but as far as my experiences thought me so far, only a select few people do.

On the flip side, the people who do enjoy that are usually the most interesting and developed of the bunch.

tl;dr what did you learn, any grammatical insights?

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
"
Bars wrote:

Naw, I just like shitposting on the interwebz.

I hadn't noticed.

@Boem:

My favorite quote from Bulgakhov:

"To speak the truth is easy and pleasant." An important addendum by a friend: "But not always for the ones hearing it". Completely agree about the people who enjoy it though. They are always a delight.

I didn't learn anything from this, I simply enjoyed writing it.

OK, not entirely true: I learned people are unwilling to give you money for nothing, which wasn't exactly a revelation.
Last edited by Bars on Jan 15, 2017, 11:24:58 AM
Bars, try changing your approach instead.

Word it like this:

"My parents found out I was gay, and disowned me, and I no longer have money to go to college. Please help me get a kick start for books and stuff."

It could be a complete lie and people would throw money at you. People will give someone money for nothing, if there is a sob story attached to it. You didn't come up with a good enough sob story.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Jan 15, 2017, 11:33:14 AM
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
Bars, try changing your approach instead.

Word it like this:

"My parents found out I was gay, and disowned me, and I no longer have money to go to college. Please help me get a kick start for books and stuff." - could be a complete lie and people would throw money at you. People will give someone money for nothing, if there is a sob story attached to it. You didn't come up with a good enough sob story.

That's the thing, there's no sob story :D

All right, let me try.

Dad caught me with a broomstick handle up my *** and kicked me out of the basement. I'm now homeless and I'm ****ing **** for money. Also, it turns out heroin is expensive. I don't want to live anymore, please help me! Accepting donations, work appointments or heroin. $60 for one hour standard rate, willing to negotiate extras.

No, I don't think I have a talent for sob stories.
Last edited by Bars on Jan 15, 2017, 11:39:29 AM
"
Boem wrote:
My sister dropped me twice on my head.

Happened to my great-uncle too when he was a kid, except he wasn't dropped, he fell from a platform together with a yearling pig after a support gave out, hit his head and woke up after a week. The pig died.

"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
It could be a complete lie and people would throw money at you. People will give someone money for nothing, if there is a sob story attached to it.

Especially if it's a gay sob story.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info