Help me Quit My Job

[edit: topic closed]

Yes, this is mine. No, I have no shame.

Any ideas, critiques, flames and comments are welcome.

The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Jan 16, 2017, 2:14:48 AM
Last bumped on Jan 16, 2017, 2:13:05 AM
i need money too
my english sux.
"
C1111 wrote:
i need money too

You should at least pledge to do a funny dance or something :P
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
Bars wrote:
"
C1111 wrote:
i need money too

You should at least pledge to do a funny dance or something :P

but that is like a job
my english sux.
All it takes is a 3-4 minute video and a willingness to be made fun of, nothing like work in my opinion :)
GL with it.
Hmm, I think you're missing a hook there. Being sick of your job is something that many can identify with but not something that would really nudge them to support you because you got the 'I could and would do the same thing myself, y'know' kicking in.

So, what you got there is pretty much Ascendant skill tree, 'I want to quit my job to do nothing special', and that isn't working (judging by league statistics). You need a dream, something that most people don't have and secretly long for, so you got the 'I have no dream of my own, but I kinda admire those that do and want to at least help them reach their goals, maybe that will help me realize what I want to do myself'. So do a good background story, something about not being happy with making noodles and wanting to give up on it to become a tofu master.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Jan 15, 2017, 9:19:13 AM
"
raics wrote:
Hmm, I think you're missing a hook there. Being sick of your job is something that many can identify with but not something that would really nudge them to support you because you got the 'I could and would do the same thing myself, y'know' kicking in.

So, what you got there is pretty much Ascendant skill tree, 'I want to quit my job to do nothing special', and that isn't working (judging by league statistics). You need a dream, something that most people don't have and secretly long for, so you got the 'I have no dream of my own, but I kinda admire those that do and want to at least help them reach their goals, maybe that will help me realize what I want to do myself'. So do a good background story, something about not being happy with making noodles and wanting to give up on it to become a tofu master.

:D

Thanks for the input. Nah, it's fine. It's a joke anyway, no need to take it too seriously. Also, I can't write this in all honesty. I mean, I'm already going after my dreams. "I have to go to work" is just an excuse not to change your patterns usually.
Last edited by Bars on Jan 15, 2017, 9:27:41 AM
Yeah, I know, but many serious things started as a joke, facebook, flippy bird, cast when channel...
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:
cast when channel...

:D

Ouch!

About serious things starting as a joke - sure, that was my idea too. I was thinking how people always try to sugarcoat everything and make it sound part of some great ideal, so I thought it would be funny to write a brutally honest fundraiser post, see what happens. Nothing to lose, had some fun writing it, all fine. Can't go against my honesty principle though.

p.s. got permabanned from r/feminism trying to trigger people with it though... don't ask
Last edited by Bars on Jan 15, 2017, 9:48:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info