Question about physical damage over time

I dont quite understand what is considered to be "physical damage over time".
Do i have to hit a target multiple times with an physical attack within a certain time frame?
Or do skill come with a physical damage over time component similar to e.g. Essence Drain which has a chaos damage over time component?
Last bumped on Jan 16, 2017, 10:33:30 PM
physical damage over time = bleeding

bleeding comes from bleed on hit modifiers or Puncture skill and it is based on initial hit..
more information on wiki: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Bleed
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
thank you very much for clarifing.
So, if I run vulnerability to cause bleeding, Kondo's Pride will add 50% to my damage even if I have Resolute Technique and no critical strikes?

"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
"
ChanBalam wrote:
So, if I run vulnerability to cause bleeding, Kondo's Pride will add 50% to my damage even if I have Resolute Technique and no critical strikes?

vulnerability doesn't grant bleeding

you'd need some other source of bleeding, such as the Puncture skill gem, or Voidheart
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
adghar wrote:
"
ChanBalam wrote:

you'd need some other source of bleeding, such as the Puncture skill gem, or Voidheart
Bummer. I thought that that was what the DoT it granted did.

Puncture seems to do so much less damage than cleave. What would you link to puncture in a 5L chest for the best dps?

I guess I could change my ascendancy from slayer to Gladiator, though, and get some bleeding that way.
US Mountain Time Zone
"
ChanBalam wrote:
"
adghar wrote:
"
ChanBalam wrote:

Bummer. I thought that that was what the DoT it granted did.

Puncture seems to do so much less damage than cleave. What would you link to puncture in a 5L chest for the best dps?

I guess I could change my ascendancy from slayer to Gladiator, though, and get some bleeding that way.

Now, if Gladiator actually had some synergy with 2-handed weapons, that sword would be sweet with it. But it doesn't, only the bleed nodes work, the rest are crap :(
The plan is simple: win! If you do not win, you did not follow the plan
Yeah, I know. I can respec passive points and go get bloodletting. Do you think if I did that I should switch to puncture or stick with cleave?
US Mountain Time Zone
Well, I relented,drained my currency and bought a voidheart with 48% chance to bleed.
US Mountain Time Zone

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info