[3.17] For Slayer / Champion - Ngamahu Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

My ventors gone for 8 ex so im gonna get Dying Sun, will i be able to kill Shaper with my current gear?And Vaal Temple?

upd: Vaal temple completed, died twice. 1 death when i was facetanking all 3 guys, then i kiting them around by using quicksilver flask so i killed the ranged one that way. Then i easily killed dual-wielding guy and just facetanked the last one till he died and after that i died too because of his bleeding. 125/126 completed, shaper remains(and uber atziri).
Last edited by areukiddingme on Apr 1, 2017, 6:25:40 AM
Pushing it to the next level.... with Ngamahu's Will

I wanted to start this post by thanking many of the posters in this thread and especially @Kira1414. This is the first build that I have ever spent this much time on and I wanted to share with everyone some of my findings.

Again, I spent a lot of time talking to Kira1414 and almost all of the ideas for things to try were his. I was basically the canvas if you will :).

I played the standard build to level 90 with 5L carcass jack. As many of you found, damage was great but at 5600 health (only 1 max life jewel) it was squishy on rippy bosses (Esh, Xoph, 1 shot by Izaro on 4- 5 key runs if not careful, etc).

I then started thinking about the Cospri's version that someone posted in the thread. I bought one and threw it in the stash. Then ater some more reading, I got crazy one night bought a 1ex Enlighten lvl3 and vaal or no balls'd it into Enlighten lvl4 (which is required for Cospri's version). At this point I figured... why not.... let's go crazy...

Without further ado, I present Cospri's Flame (or Ngamahu's Will maybe? we could take a vote!):

Char: GreatBallsOfFire_ (all values, buffed standing in Hideout)
lvl: 91
life: 5,434
resists:
fire: 162%
cold: 153%
light: 185%
chaos: 51% (-9%)
armor: 2208 (15% reduction)
evade chance: 27% (44% with enfeeble)

Cyclone:
DPS: 39718.06 (6Link with conc effect)
Chance to hit: 88% (see gear discussion for details)
APS: 5.43 (would be more with frenzy charges from Blood rage)
Crit chance: 15.66% (see gear discussion for details)
Crit chance: 23.94% (this is in hideout with boot enchant "120% increased critical strike chance if you haven't crit recently")

Molten Burst:
Number of projectiles: 7
Damage per ball: 9163.88
Chance to hit: 88%
APS: 2.54
Crit chance: 6.05% (see gear discussion for details)
Crit chance: 12.05% (this is in hideout with boot enchant "120% increased critical strike chance if you haven't crit recently")

The gear

Jewels:

Flasks:

amazing for extra boss damage, however i can't use right now because lightning resist is highe than fire:

extra life for lab running:

Current lvl 91 tree: Elemental Overload - Ignite version

www.poeurl.com/beVB

Lvl 93 Cospri's version from Kira1414's guide that I am using

www.poeurl.com/beVD

Discussion on Cospri's vs Standard Build vs Bronn's Lithe chest.

Let's get one thing straight right away. Cospri's version and tree are never going to give you the same tooltip DPS as the standard build. So if you are looking to switch make sure you understand this. On a 5Link Carcass I was pushing 60,000 tooltip dps on cyclone and 10k molten burst per ball (remember i had damage jewels that were missing +% to max life) and was sitting at 5.6k health. You do get the ignite damage from the EO tree, but for chaining t11 I did notice the cyclone dps drop from 60k dps in 5L carcass to 25k dps in 5L Cospri's (this is with enfeeble as 2nd curse).

What Cospri's does provide is options in the form of dual curses and the ability to dynamically adjust damage or survive-ability based on the content you are running. If you want to approach values similar to Standard build cyclone damage you can run Flammability + Elemental Weakness, but in the end I don't think it is needed and you are losing the major benefit of survive-ability if you drop enfeeble (or even more survive-ability if you go enfeeble + temp chains).

Taking Bronn's Lithe vs a dual curse Cospri's I don't think was worth it given my current setup. The added movement speed was nice for mapping and perhaps swapping out for t11 and below would be fine as survive-ability is less of an issue.

I ran some numbers with 4L Bronn's and 4L Cospri's and by losing the second curse you defense take too great a hit. The real benefit to Bronn's is the extremely fast movement speed, but not going to help for Uber Atziri, Shaper, Guardians. Damage wise with Bronn's I actually get more damage if I drop enfeeble in the Cospri's setup and put Flamm + Elemental Weakness in, so it literally is about the movement speed.

I want to take this build and try out Uber Atziri, Guardians, and Shaper. Those are the real tests, so far the only thing I know the build can't do is hall of the grandmasters. Just too many masters that have insane damage.

Next post I will go over crafting and mats spent (approximately) on the gear. I will also talk about what else I need to work on to finalize the build.

Edit: 4/3/2017
Bosses so far....

Hi All - as I have never done Uber Atziri, Guardians, or Shaper before I thought I would list out my experiences with the Cospri's version. The standard version can do these too (or so I've been told), but I think Cospri's makes the fights a lot more forgiving running Enfeeble.

Wait a second!?! I know.... how am I saying that if I haven't tried them before, well at lvl 90 with standard build and 70kdps with 5600k health i tried Esh and Xoph (Esh was much worse than Xoph). I got both but died several times to Esh (I have fought them before with other builds). My health was just getting chunked and it just didn't feel like I was in command.

So, I went back with Cospri's at lvl 92 Night and day difference. I walked in to Esh and face tanked him, didn't even need to move out of the lightnign aoe (not the balls, 360 degree charged blast).

With that experience, I figured I was finally ready to try some end-game stuff. I have seen videos of people fighting the guardians, shaper, and uber atziri (I have done regular many times), but i haven't done any of these fights before. List below and thoughts on each one. I'll keep adding as I try them all.

Hydra (1 death): I really think I got cocky on this one and expected culling strike to kick in a bit sooner than it did. This caused me to eat a frost orb and attack with all my potions empty. Came right back in and killed him.

Chimera (deathless) unidentified corrupted: This fight was only tough because I rolled no-regen, so I had to take 3 portals out when I messed up and didn't cyclone on a mob. I didn't have enough mana to cyclone and with no-regen I was forced to portal out. I got him, but it could have been smoother with the ability to regen mana :).

Minotra One death because i stood in rocks and big attacks.

Phoenix I am a newb and tried this with 8 mod corruption. Clearly I haven't done guardians before. Tried EE, 380% crit, 30% attack, cast, and move speed. 70% boss AOE and some other stuff. Needless to say it didn't go well. I bought a second map and had bad luck on corruption. I got vuln and attack, cast, and move speed again. I did managed to get him and actually learn the fight this time. I definitely don't think it was the build, more just my in experience and bad play. :)

In the end...

Shaper tomorrow!

More to come.....
IGN: Sweethart
Last edited by haenic on Apr 3, 2017, 10:17:29 PM
Discussion of Cospri's Flame setup and crafting statistics.

Going Cospri's there are 4 major challenges with the Elemental Overlord - Ignite tree (5 if you count the lvl 90 min level requirement) that need to be addressed.

1. Survive-ability namely health pool. If you want to hit 5.5k health at lvl 91 or 92 you will need four +7% maximum life jewels. Each jewel will add approximately 120-130 life depending on lvl and gear. With out these you will be sitting around 5k health.

Running enfeeble gives you another huge boost to your effective health pool because of the Cursed Enemies Deal 30% less Damage - plus evade bonuse, reduced crit etc.

2. Going Elemental Overload (EO) we lose Resolute Technique, so now we need to worry about Chance to Hit. If we are not hitting we can't proc EO or spew our Molten Burst all over the bad guys. Without my gear
Spoiler
the build is sitting at 79%. With my gear i'm currently at 88%.

We are trying to get to 80% plus, with 90% being the ultimate goal. This is why Kira1414 suggests additional accuracy in place of faster attacks gem if you are hurting for hit.

3. We need a stable crit chance so that our fast cyclone attacks are criting and procing the 40% MORE damage from Elemental Overload. With my current gear in combat i'm at 15.66% chance to crit or 23.94% when EO is not active (see boot enchant).

First we use Increased Critical Strikes Support gem in our setup. This is a must.

Next we have crafted some amazing gloves that add 21% crit using the Shrieking Essence of Loathing (~2 chaos to buy essence on poe.trade).
Gloves

The next piece is getting the lab enchant on the boots. If we haven't crit or chance to crit jumps to 23.94%. That makes for a very reliable, always up 40% MORE damage modifier from Elemental Overload.
Boot Enchant

4. Colors for Cospri's and BBBB armor Boots (see crafting below).

Crafting Info - just for fun.

Cospri's

Cospri's took 908 fusings to 6Link. In that run I got at least 8 5Links. Vorici costs 1500 fusings so I guess we made out. I bought my Cospri's for 1.5 (or maybe 2) and the 908 fusings cost about 3-3.5ex. So over all about say 5.5ex vs 9ex to buy.

Cospri's is a dex chest and getting RRBBGG (4 out of 6 off colors) is a bit expensive. The most efficient way is to use Vorici One red and One Blue combination. It took me around 300 Chromatics to get it. Vorici Chromatic Calculator

Boots

Ah yes now for the boots, I got very lucky and found these boots for 40c without the enchant or the Lighting Resist. The only reason was because the seller probably didn't notice that it was only 5 Affixes and not 6 (Armor/Stun and Block is only one).

The real pain was getting 4 Blue sockets on pure Strength boots. Using the Vorici 3 Blue combination took 1400 chromatics. This one is very very tough to get!

Last but not least, the Gloves

These were very important as I was really hoping to get high + to Accuracy along with the Guaranteed Crit from the Shrieking Essence of Loathing craft. The only thing that could have been better was perhaps +attack speed instead of the 32% lightning resist. Over all a pretty sick pair of gloves.

It took about 15-20 Loathing essences until I finally rolled this beast. So approximately 50chaos with the scourings. Super... lucky!

Final thoughts and gear tweaks
The only thing I have left to get are Flasks (Taste of Hate and Dying Sun) and then trying to get 2-3ex jewels that have cold/fire so I can get The Wise Oak flask back in my rotation. Command Fury on Hit enchant for the gloves would be nice and @Kira1414 has convinced me to try and get a separate Devoto's with the 15% cyclone attack speed enchant.

Every other upgrade at this point would probably cost at least 5-20ex.

Hope you enjoyed the write-up and another big thank you to Kira1414 for the build and amazing response and support for his creation.

Cheers!
Last edited by haenic on Apr 2, 2017, 2:00:27 AM
Kira414, thanks for the build - enjoying it immensely.

I just wanted to ask, which cyclone lab enchant would you say is better for the devotos?

Attack speed or damage?

I presume attack speed is better as it allows molten burst to proc more?
Last edited by Xulgar on Apr 1, 2017, 7:37:27 PM
First off, I am loving this build so far, but I feel like I am missing something from my setup. What of my gear would you suggest upgrading? I'm not entirely sure what I am missing but I feel pretty squish. I am working on upgrading some of my jewels.

Current Gear

Spoiler

Alternatively as a chest piece, I was using this
with all the linked gems from the Bronns

I think the ruby band is next to upgrade with a strength + life + lightning res ring. Is there anything else I am missing, because I feel pretty squishy. I have ~6k life and 300ES, and every res is over-cap aside from lightining (142).
Last edited by nitsuku on Apr 1, 2017, 6:28:26 PM
Well here's me

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

My passive tree is a little more towards life and tankyness but yeah, fun stuff!

I think i just need to get some pricey flasks and maybe more res.

Edit: added spoilers
twitch.tv/VtuberLunartuna
Last edited by Lunartuna on Apr 2, 2017, 9:00:52 AM
"
Lunartuna wrote:

Spoiler

That sir is some nice MTX!

Mine is below, but not as creative as yours :). Phoenix armor with Infernal Axe skin.
Spoiler

Last edited by haenic on Apr 1, 2017, 7:40:10 PM
"
Lunartuna wrote:

Spoiler

My passive tree is a little more towards life and tankyness but yeah, fun stuff!

the power of iron reflexes,love that passive <3
Last edited by Taka101 on Apr 1, 2017, 9:36:32 PM
"
areukiddingme wrote:
My ventors gone for 8 ex so im gonna get Dying Sun, will i be able to kill Shaper with my current gear?And Vaal Temple?

upd: Vaal temple completed, died twice. 1 death when i was facetanking all 3 guys, then i kiting them around by using quicksilver flask so i killed the ranged one that way. Then i easily killed dual-wielding guy and just facetanked the last one till he died and after that i died too because of his bleeding. 125/126 completed, shaper remains(and uber atziri).

Grats on the Vaal Temple clear! You can refer to @redviles's post on what kind of stats he was using when he clear Shaper in 2.5.

"
haenic wrote:
Pushing it to the next level....

I wanted to start this post by thanking many of the posters in this thread and especially @Kira1414. This is the first build that I have ever spent this much time on and I wanted to share with everyone some of my findings.

Again, I spent a lot of time talking to Kira1414 and almost all of the ideas for things to try were his. I was basically the canvas if you will :).

I played the standard build to level 90 with 5L carcass jack. As many of you found, damage was great but at 5600 health (only 1 max life jewel) it was squishy on rippy bosses (Esh, Xoph, 1 shot by Izaro on 4- 5 key runs if not careful, etc).

I then started thinking about the Cospri's version that someone posted in the thread. I bought one and threw it in the stash. Then ater some more reading, I got crazy one night bought a 1ex Enlighten lvl3 and vaal or no balls'd it into Enlighten lvl4 (which is required for Cospri's version). At this point I figured... why not.... let's go crazy...

Without further ado, I present Cospri's Flame (or Ngamahu's Will maybe? we could take a vote!):
Spoiler

Char: GreatBallsOfFire_ (all values, buffed standing in Hideout)
lvl: 91
life: 5,434
resists:
fire: 162%
cold: 153%
light: 185%
chaos: 51% (-9%)
armor: 2208 (15% reduction)
evade chance: 27% (44% with enfeeble)

Cyclone:
DPS: 39718.06 (6Link with conc effect)
Chance to hit: 88% (see gear discussion for details)
APS: 5.43 (would be more with frenzy charges from Blood rage)
Crit chance: 15.66% (see gear discussion for details)
Crit chance: 23.94% (this is in hideout with boot enchant "120% increased critical strike chance if you haven't crit recently")

Molten Burst:
Number of projectiles: 7
Damage per ball: 9163.88
Chance to hit: 88%
APS: 2.54
Crit chance: 6.05% (see gear discussion for details)
Crit chance: 12.05% (this is in hideout with boot enchant "120% increased critical strike chance if you haven't crit recently")

The gear

Jewels:

Flasks:

amazing for extra boss damage, however i can't use right now because lightning resist is highe than fire:

extra life for lab running:

Current lvl 91 tree: Elemental Overload - Ignite version

www.poeurl.com/beVB

Lvl 93 Cospri's version from Kira1414's guide that I am using

www.poeurl.com/beVD

Discussion on Cospri's vs Standard Build vs Bronn's Lithe chest.

Let's get one thing straight right away. Cospri's version and tree are never going to give you the same tooltip DPS as the standard build. So if you are looking to switch make sure you understand this. On a 5Link Carcass I was pushing 60,000 tooltip dps on cyclone and 10k molten burst per ball (remember i had damage jewels that were missing +% to max life) and was sitting at 5.6k health. You do get the ignite damage from the EO tree, but for chaining t11 I did notice the cyclone dps drop from 60k dps in 5L carcass to 25k dps in 5L Cospri's (this is with enfeeble as 2nd curse).

What Cospri's does provide is options in the form of dual curses and the ability to dynamically adjust damage or survive-ability based on the content you are running. If you want to approach values similar to Standard build cyclone damage you can run Flammability + Elemental Weakness, but in the end I don't think it is needed and you are losing the major benefit of survive-ability if you drop enfeeble (or even more survive-ability if you go enfeeble + temp chains).

Taking Bronn's Lithe vs a dual curse Cospri's I don't think was worth it given my current setup. The added movement speed was nice for mapping and perhaps swapping out for t11 and below would be fine as survive-ability is less of an issue.

I ran some numbers with 4L Bronn's and 4L Cospri's and by losing the second curse you defense take too great a hit. The real benefit to Bronn's is the extremely fast movement speed, but not going to help for Uber Atziri, Shaper, Guardians. Damage wise with Bronn's I actually get more damage if I drop enfeeble in the Cospri's setup and put Flamm + Elemental Weakness in, so it literally is about the movement speed.

I want to take this build and try out Uber Atziri, Guardians, and Shaper. Those are the real tests, so far the only thing I know the build can't do is hall of the grandmasters. Just too many masters that have insane damage.

Next post I will go over crafting and mats spent (approximately) on the gear. I will also talk about what else I need to work on to finalize the build.

Wow! That was a very detailed writeup on your venture with Cospri's Will!

And between Cospri's Flame and Ngamahu's Will, both are really good way to name it. I suppose Ngamahu's Will is more suitable since the build is only made possible because of the axe?

Coloring for Cospri's Will and getting BBBB is definitely a pain on strength gears. I burned through 2000 chromatics trying to get the colors on my standard guy. Definitely a currency burner.

For those going for Flammability + Temporal Chain curse, use Devoto for the coloring, since it is easier to get BBBG on Devoto because it has dex component.

I will be referencing your 2 posts in the guide under Cospri's Will section. They will greatly help players who want to take the same path as you.

Thanks again!

"
Xulgar wrote:
Kira414, thanks for the build - enjoying it immensely.

I just wanted to ask, which cyclone lab enchant would you say is better for the devotos?

Attack speed or damage?

I presume attack speed is better as it allows molten burst to proc more?

I am inclined towards attack speed since it provide more burst and leech.

"
nitsuku wrote:
First off, I am loving this build so far, but I feel like I am missing something from my setup. What of my gear would you suggest upgrading? I'm not entirely sure what I am missing but I feel pretty squish. I am working on upgrading some of my jewels.

Current Gear

Spoiler

Alternatively as a chest piece, I was using this
with all the linked gems from the Bronns

I think the ruby band is next to upgrade with a strength + life + lightning res ring. Is there anything else I am missing, because I feel pretty squishy. I have ~6k life and 300ES, and every res is over-cap aside from lightining (142).

Your Oblivion Band can roll fire damage to physical damage. It will give you more damage output. And yes, you can certainly look into replacing that ring for another that provide you more resistance too.

Your gloves armour rating is low but you have Commandment of Fury enchant on it. Guess this is going to be hard to replace for you.

Do you have 3000 armour on your character? 3000 armour is the breakpoint allowing you to tank most content with assist from Granite + Taste of Hate flask.

Do you use Enduring Cry? I always manual cast that before engaging in a fight. Together with the flasks, you can tank through Porcupines too.

"
Lunartuna wrote:
Well here's me

Spoiler

Spoiler

That armour rating from Iron Reflexes is impressive! Uber Izaro is probably a joke to you now.

"
haenic wrote:
"
Lunartuna wrote:

Spoiler

That sir is some nice MTX!

Mine is below, but not as creative as yours :). Phoenix armor with Infernal Axe skin.
Spoiler

And I was thinking of the newly introduced Deicide Armour Set. It look so perfect for fire builds. Pretty much waiting for it to go into discount and I will definitely get this baby. ;)
I just got this bad boy!

UberIzaro down at lvl 77 facetanking, still need to be carefull with 4600 HP + 3000armour but doable!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info