Atlas shaping in standard

I just recently starting hearing about shaping your atlas in a specific way instead of just trying to unlock everything, so I bought some master sextants (which are quite expensive), and sealed some of the maps I didn't want to run/have drop. Shortly after I ran a few maps and noticed that the maps I had sealed were unlocked again.
Now when I first came back after a long break a week ago and started on my atlas in the standard perma league, when I ran 1 higher tier map, it would unlock many others maps on the atlas at the same time which was very convinient because it allowed me to quickly fill out the atlas, but now it's a bit of a problem because it keeps unlocking maps I have paid to seal. Is there a way to fix this?
Last bumped on Jan 12, 2017, 3:36:58 PM
A friend of mine who skipped the Atlas patch also had it behave in a similar way when he tried it out in Standard - run a random map, and the path leading to it auto-unlocks. Post it in bug reports maybe you get an answer.

"
Zed_ wrote:
A friend of mine who skipped the Atlas patch also had it behave in a similar way when he tried it out in Standard - run a random map, and the path leading to it auto-unlocks. Post it in bug reports maybe you get an answer.

I wouldn't agree with the bug report thing, it truly looks intended, similar to the One Time Free Ascendancy Points grace patch.

To original poster: Just avoid any maps that aren't perfectly circular and you should be fine. Square Maps and the roughly egg-shaped maps should be sold to free up your stash space.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
So you're saying it won't auto complete the paths in the atlas if I run the newer circle maps?
"
adghar wrote:
"
Zed_ wrote:

I wouldn't agree with the bug report thing, it truly looks intended, similar to the One Time Free Ascendancy Points grace patch.

Maybe it is, I haven't seen official mention of this anywhere, posting in bug reports would be a good way to find out. Then ppl that object to it can maybe start to make noises to get it changed somehow.

"
Zed_ wrote:
"
adghar wrote:
"
Zed_ wrote:

Maybe it is, I haven't seen official mention of this anywhere, posting in bug reports would be a good way to find out. Then ppl that object to it can maybe start to make noises to get it changed somehow.

That is the way it is meant to behave. If you run a map in a perm league it will unlock a path up to that point. You may not have seen an official mention of this, but there have been some... back when the Atlas was released 4+ months ago.
U MAD?
its just for legacy maps tho right?
Standard Players and Legacy Maps
Many players in the permanent standard and hardcore leagues have legacy maps that use either the pre-2.0.0 or post-2.0.0 art. These old maps will still function at their old tiers. For example, if you take a Gorge map from Ascendancy and run it in Atlas of Worlds, it'll still be tier 9.

The maps do inherit the new layouts and new boss fights that are introduced in Atlas of Worlds. They drop new maps rather than legacy ones.

If you complete a legacy map, then it'll unlock an equivalent map of the same tier as well as all the maps leading up to that map. This allows you to catch up with your Atlas progress quickly.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1714099
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
its just for legacy maps tho right?

AFAIK yes
U MAD?
What I do in standard (a fully exposed atlas) is just wait until sets of 3 of maps I want to twink with like 6-7 sextants then run them. It's way too expensive to target map after Atlas exposed 1000's of chisels and hundreds of sextants to reshape. As other have said the legacy maps will expose atlas to a degree you may not wish. OTOH if you use my strategy you get full benefit of over 100% completion. Better drops but worse EXP/hr if Shaped Strand all day is your thing you wont be doing that.

IMO they should offer a "atlas reset" like "skill point reset" on big patches so those who wish to shape can or shape differently for that matter.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jan 12, 2017, 3:44:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info