0.1% of all people control 99% of the resources, are you willing to live in a world like this?

"
What if there is a valid economic reason why oil costs less in the country where it is extracted, compared to some other country 5.000 km away?

Dude, oil prices are fixed by the cartel. It has nothing to do with transport. Even if you transport it to the Moon, you still be fucking rich. And to remind you, all our civilization is build upon oil: this is chemistry, medicine, transport, power sources and everything. And we have a cartel. Really?

"
Another horrible idea that would make people not invent new stuff. There is no such thing as "free stuff", everything costs labour & time. Intellectual property should be safeguarded, just as physical property.

"
labour & time

Time costs nothing. Labour - Combine this with the idea "to delete work at all". People will work only if they want to, for free.

Patent rights is one of the most terrible things. Do you know that if you are scientist, for example, and you want to maintain your status, you need each year to submit research paper. You write this paper, then what you do? You submit it to SELECTED science magazine /not Nature, National Geographic but to "very respected" specialized magazine/, only then your paper become valid. By submitting your paper to this agency, you transfer AUTOMATICALLY the author rights to them. Then you no longer control your paper. If you want to download your own paper, if you forgot what you've written, it will cost you $35. Now think big. This process means several things. It fucks up the whole system of communication between scientists, it deprives you from reading, in other words, it takes away the access to knowledge to public. And you have a middle man, who makes a lot of coin for nothing. And this is just small issue. How about 2 millions dead each year by a curable disease? Oh, they die not because their country is idiot, no, they die cos of patent rights. How about Monsanto, which tries to patent all seeds and soon we will starve to death? How about medical corps who already patent living organisms? Can you imagine the consequences of that? How about virtually NO ACCESS to knowledge at all?

The patent rights CAN BE managed differently. And CAN BE abolished at all. Nothing terrible will happen. On the contrary. It will bring some degree of equality, access to knowledge don't worry, scientists will continue to invent as they did BEFORE your patent shits.

Last edited by poor_hobbit on Jan 17, 2017, 2:54:38 PM
"
poor_hobbit wrote:
Dude, oil prices are fixed by the cartel. It has nothing to do with transport. Even if you transport it to the Moon, you still be fucking rich. And to remind you, all our civilization is build upon oil: this is chemistry, medicine, transport, power sources and everything. And we have a cartel. Really?

A cartel made up by governments. I thought you trusted the government, since only capitalists are greedy bastards :P

"
Time costs nothing. Labour - Combine this with the idea "to delete work at all". People will work only if they want to, for free.

Sure. You go ahead and create this perfect society, where everything is free, I'll follow.

And again, you don't trust private companies with patents and all that, but would trust the government (a monopoly) that they wont misuse tech and only use it ethically "for the greater good". I don't get it. As far as I'm concerned, the gov is just another corporation - in fact: the one with the most power over your life and the one that robs you the most every month.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
As far as I'm concerned, the gov is just another corporation

It should be not like that in normal society.
Government is a weapon. Nothing more, and nothing less.

What is a government? A group with the legitimate power to use force to compel others. If a law is passed under the "honor system" — no enforcement, we just hope you do the right thing — that isn't really a law, it's a suggestion. Laws discourage or compel action truth the threat of imprisonment, fines (legitimized theft), injury, or death.

Is government necessary? Consider a group of people banded together, all of good hearts, committed to the principles of peace, non-aggression, mutually consentual trade, and no government whatsoever. What would be their fate? Murdered, raped and enslaved by another group more disciplined in war, because they're unscrupulous enough to band together under a government for the purposes of conquest. So yes, we need government.

The question is then: how do we wield this weapon?
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
poor_hobbit wrote:
Time costs nothing.

"Time" is a fraction of your lifespan. Perhaps you value yours at a net 0 but don't expect/demand others to do so also.
You won't get no glory on that side of the hole.
"
Is government necessary? Consider a group of people banded together, all of good hearts, committed to the principles of peace, non-aggression, mutually consentual trade, and no government whatsoever. What would be their fate? Murdered, raped and enslaved by another group more disciplined in war, because they're unscrupulous enough to band together under a government for the purposes of conquest. So yes, we need government.

Before, those groups of people lived just like you described. In order to prevent the above situation: According to rather old John Locke philosophy, people made a agreement with the state. The agreement was people gave up some liberties in exchange for a security. People agreed to obey a law and the state promised to keep them safe against threats.
The current problem is this agreement is violated massively by the state. State enforce its law but does not provide any protection to the citizens. It means people should nullify this agreement. Chaos and mayhem will follow but the lesson should be learn. This agreement is failure.

"
"Time" is a fraction of your lifespan. Perhaps you value yours at a net 0 but don't expect/demand others to do so also.

Time is imaginary substance. It has value only when put in rigid economic system, where you sell /and buy/ your own time. You took it out of context. Time has no value when it comes for a lifetime invention, in that context it was used.
"
poor_hobbit wrote:
Before, those groups of people lived just like you described. In order to prevent the above situation: According to rather old John Locke philosophy, people made a agreement with the state. The agreement was people gave up some liberties in exchange for a security. People agreed to obey a law and the state promised to keep them safe against threats.
The current problem is this agreement is violated massively by the state. State enforce its law but does not provide any protection to the citizens. It means people should nullify this agreement.
Pretty much. Has to be that way; policeman must be compensated for their time, therefore government requires taxation, that is, the involuntary sacrifice of citizen's time. Congratulations, you're not 100% wrong.
"
poor_hobbit wrote:
Time is imaginary substance. It has value only when put in rigid economic system, where you sell /and buy/ your own time. You took it out of context. Time has no value when it comes for a lifetime invention, in that context it was used.
Couldn't disagree more. Death is but a single instant; your life, everyone's life, is a duration of time. You are spending your life right now reading these words. The basis of every economy, even the strictly personal economy of a single person stranded on a tropical island, is the allocation of time to tasks in a manner intended to maximize value. Economics does not require society.

Money is a symbolic representation of the product of human time, created so that people's time can easily be traded for the time of others; this allows greater economic specialization and is necessary for maximizing productivity and creating prosperity. Do not be fooled, however, into thinking that money is the basis of the economy — human time is the basis; it isn't that time is money, so much that money is redeemable for the fruits of time.

The markets in Wall Street are literally trading in the life's work of millions of people; this is good if that time is traded freely by mutual consent of all parties, but evil if obtained as a result of theft, coercion, or fraud. The only two ways to legitimize theft, coercion and/or fraud are 1) make government so weak that it cannot effectively protect its people against such behavior, or 2) more likely, secure the agreement of the government such that they will act as thugs upon the corporate criminal's behalf.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jan 18, 2017, 6:44:21 PM
"
Couldn't disagree more. Death is but a single instant; your life, everyone's life, is a duration of time. You are spending your life right now reading these words. The basis of every economy, even the strictly personal economy of a single person stranded on a tropical island, is the allocation of time to tasks in a manner intended to maximize value. Economics does not require society.

Time IS NOT money. You can't tag time with money, time is priceless. It can be zero money, or it can be infinite amount of money. Time and money are incompatible. The fact we incorporated it in economy only shows how wrong is it.
"
poor_hobbit wrote:
"
Time IS NOT money. You can't tag time with money, time is priceless. It can be zero money, or it can be infinite amount of money. Time and money are incompatible. The fact we incorporated it in economy only shows how wrong is it.
You should notice that I didn't mention money a single time in the quoted paragraph. Economics doesn't require money, either (I thought it was self-evident that money is a social construct); as I said, the principles of economics apply even to the man completely alone in a survival situation.

Some time is very literally priced — that's the idea behind hourly wages. The rest of it is mostly priceless, but in the technical sense of not having a price on it. Time isn't valueless, and no finite span of time has infinite value.

You've been deluded into thinking economics is about money instead of about material values. Like it or not, man requires material goods to survive.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jan 19, 2017, 12:47:31 PM
"
poor_hobbit wrote:
"

Yet I can value my time, and what is money if not a representation of value?
You won't get no glory on that side of the hole.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info