GGG,Mind telling spec of the machine on which u claim poe run flawlesly?we want flawless POE too

"
tsftd wrote:
oc'd 6-core i7
32gb ddr4
1080 gtx
4-disk raid 10 SSD (Samsung pros)
gigabit fiber line

2560x1440 res,
all settings on max (either dx9 or dx11)

60 fps solid with vsync on, near-instant load times

sure, it's a beast... but it can certainly be done.

i think that the difference between me and the other system spec posters is probably the internet connection.

though the drives might make a difference, not sure how much fetching is an issue given the recent improvements and ability to preload more on 64-bit version.

or maybe it's a junky win install, old drivers, or other issues.

regardless, it runs just fine on my rig. so it IS possible.
IGN Stuns_McNutshot | Ichimans_McIchimans | Balls_McCritterson
They built a time travel machine, then hired a squad of mercenaries and sent them 50 years in the future to steal the best computer on the planet in that time. Turns out that was cheaper then recoding the engine
Chill Jams
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
yeah, thats no secret
theyve always been clear about not building POE with AMD in mind

That should change this year with AMD Vega gpu release.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
PoE ran better for me on a Radeon 6970 than it did on an R9 390. I got micro stuttering with the R9 390, that was unresolved.

This was prior to the DX11 version of the game. Things might have improved, but having newer components in your PC doesn't necessarily mean the game is going to run better. PoE isn't a very demanding game graphically. It runs on integrated graphics.

A few other games also ran better on the 6970. Dark Souls 2 SOTFS being one of them. Could max the game out @ 1080p with the 6970, pegged @ 60fps always. Micro stuttering with the R9 390.

I'm not buying any more AMD GPUs ever again until these micro stuttering issues are solved.

I installed a custom, modified bios on my R9 390, and it got rid of the micro stuttering issues in 80% of games that had them previously. I got rid of variable core clock, and the GPU runs at maximum core speed, like the 6970 did when it was under any load. It uses more power, and runs hotter (only under low loads), sure, but I don't mind drowning a few polar bears to not have micro stuttering in my games.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Jan 15, 2017, 10:48:44 AM
My computer is about 4 years old with a GTX 670 and Path of Exile runs just fine on Ubuntu with satellite internet, unless it's peak times when the ISP throttles my connection. There are several videos on YouTube of me playing with this setup if you need proof of it running fine (Edit: YouTube is in signature).

Full setup:
MOBO: ASRock z87 Extreme4
CPU: i7-4770k - This was obviously an upgrade, as it's not 4 years old
RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance LP 4x4GB
HDD: 320 GB Western Digital Blue x2
HDD: 720 GB Toshiba drive - Ubuntu and Path of Exile are on this
SynTrSr - Trickster Soulrend/Bane
Last edited by generaldave on Jan 15, 2017, 10:52:55 AM
Dude, Satellite internet has a minimum ping of like 500-600ms. That's unplayable in PoE. Trust me, I tried. You'd need to run a god tier tank build to be able to survive with that high ping. And vs any "move or die" attacks, you die, 100% of the time. You need to be able to face tank everything with 500ms ping.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Jan 15, 2017, 10:59:09 AM
I get 30-120 ping unless peak times...Again check the videos for proof

Edit: Here is a video of me running testmy.net for proof of crappy internet.
SynTrSr - Trickster Soulrend/Bane
Last edited by generaldave on Jan 15, 2017, 12:01:24 PM
i7-6700K, XFX RX 480 GTR Black 8GB, 16 Gigs of DDR4 and an SSD. Flawless 1080p 75fps (freesync monitor), unless there are explosions of like 40 mobs at once (perks of Obliteration BV) where it stutters a bit, like game doesn't know what happened :D
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
its proves that if they cannot give me something stable server/connection ( which is ultra stable by the way) i would atleast like to know what type of machine would give me something stable clientside

its funny how all the people BrownNosing GGG in this thread all pretty much have a lot of supporter packs, the fanboyism is strong in this game, Why cant you guys stop picking on words used in an inofencive thread that only seeks to get informations to run the game better

Because, when you deliberately make a thread that shows biased screenshots that have literally nothing to do with the issue at all, throw out half truths and give people wrong information, people are going to point it out.

And no, you didnt ask for any help. Not even remotely.

If you did, people would have pointed out that if you have an otherwise stable internet connection, you could ping the poe servers, see if you have packet loss and point it out to your ISP (for them to fix, because GGG can do fuck all here).

But something tells me this isnt at all what this thread is about.
"
Arrowneous wrote:
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
yeah, thats no secret
theyve always been clear about not building POE with AMD in mind

That should change this year with AMD Vega gpu release.

ya i am wanting to see some benchmarks of the new stuff coming out from AMD. their new CPU looked more interesting to me really though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info