Templar Build

I started out in PoE trying to build invalesco's CI shadow and failed badly...
After seeing how easily that character died I decided to create a templar and work on a build that had great survivbility and would be good for solo play as well as with a party.
I don't see many templar builds around beyond dual totem builds or lightning strike so I thought I would share the build so far...
I initially wanted to try out Dominating blow but had so much fun using the skills I had early on I changed the build a little. I am currently level 39 in cruel and have so far found little problem with the build.
Early on in the build I have headed straight for the passive EE picking up life, resistances and a couple of elemental damage and mana passives, after picking these the rest of the points will be spent on going down the marauder tree picking all the life, resistance and endurance charge nodes, eventually heading to Unwavering stance.

For skills I am currently using Tempest shield, Enduring cry, Molten shell, Ice nova, Shock nova and Infernal blow.

The current play style is to use Molten shell then Enduring cry. Once a group is balled up on you alternate between Ice nova and Shock nova to give all enemies -50% resistances and clear the remaining ones with Infernal blow. There are so many great support options to augment the aoe skills so 5/6l gear will be important later into the build. The only downsides to the build I can forsee is lack of chaos resist(which should hopefully not be too much of a problem with the amount of life nodes and regen) and single target damage vs rare mobs.
Hope this helps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info