Help a Noober tank for my friends.

Hello,

I am pretty new to this game I played it for about 3-4 months a few years back when it still had 3 acts. I never got too crazy made some templar freeze nova build I believe and only got to around halfway through cruel before it kind of fell short and I was getting blown up too easily. My brother saw this game recently and wanted to get into it so I thought it might be fun to run a tanky templar with some auras and such to help run my friends through the game probably at least through cruel and maybe further. The issue that I think I may run across is this build i'm following seems to be very expensive and hard to obtain for the finished product. This is the build that I am following currently,

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1646232

First of all, any tips or info about this build would be greatly appreciated as a quite casual player of this game that hasn't really paid attention to any of the recent updates I don't know all whole ton of the recent changes. Here is my current build right now,

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUAAQSzCaoYXRzcHRQy0UVHRZ1TUmjyhTKLjI8aj0aa4KIApwit8cBmwJrZ_Ovu8B_53frS

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/ccjones/characters

I am still a very low level but would like to not have to start over from scratch if possible, but if there is a different build that may work better on a diff class feel free to let me know. I am still trying to understand a lot of the Poe speak but I will do my best to respond so I can improve my game experience. If this works out nicely I may just delve back into POE and become more of a hardcore gamer again. Thank you for any and all help. It is greatly appreciated.

-boregorey7
Last bumped on Jan 10, 2017, 8:11:17 AM
Bump*

Just wondering what peeps think of this and tips appreciated.
Spoiler
The build shown there is a patch behind. It WAS one of the strongest builds in the game and one of the most expensive builds if you wanted to reach it's true "I am Thor God of lightning, nuclear explosions, rainbows and rektification" potential. However it took a severe nerf in this patch and most of the people now stand away from it like it was the Spanish flu.

If you are a new player you prolly don't have any idea of how currency, trading, item pricing and late game are going in this game. Not to menation you have no or very little currency yourself. Tanking in this game is a loose term because there is no real aggro like in World of Warcraft. Tanks do exist but they are just there to soak and buy time. Play solo they are heavily crippled in content they can do without a party and more importantly the speed at witch they can do it (if they can do it at all.)

Every build in this game can be played in a party. Some more then other. A support auramancer (the guy that just gives auras to the party) is a pure party character. Most of the people who play those have another character for solo play when their party is not present.

Level 100 is a very high goal you aim there sir. Most of the people who get their characters to maping usually get them to level 80 - 90 and then switch to a new build. But you will understand that in time.

If you want to play a tanky melee build who can destroy entier screens and be very cheap and begginer friendly I would recommend this to a new player:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1596320

Follow it to the tooth. Google what you don't understand. If you stick with it by the time this build becomes weaker (still strong but not the best in the game). You will have enaugh money and understanding to follow a new build. Don't try to create a build your self. It takes alot of practice and knowledge. Even experienced players fail at it the first 2 or 3 or 15 times. :D

I know this game is noob unfriendly especially when you hit merciless but don't give up. It's alot of fun when you figure what the fuck is going on! :) Good luck!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info