Language?

I like to read the forums once in a while, but lately i can't understand what people are writing. I don't know if people are writing in code, if English is their second language and it isn't getting translated right, if the writers are really really high on drugs, or what. Some people have interesting posts but i honestly cant understand what some of them are talking about because their writing is so garbled. I'm not just talking about short hand or a few spelling errors. Please take a little time to check your posts and don't post if you are drunk or high because you are wasting your time if you can't get your point across and your wasting readers time if they can't understand what you are trying to say.
Last bumped on Jan 12, 2017, 3:49:51 AM
Yeah, I feel you. I understand your frustration, and feel the same way, but the game is played by people all over the world, and a huge portion of the player-base does not speak any English, or only a very limited amount. Unfortunately that means either broken attempts, or google translated comments are what we get sometimes.
U MAD?
"
Docbp87 wrote:
Yeah, I feel you. I understand your frustration, and feel the same way, but the game is played by people all over the world, and a huge portion of the player-base does not speak any English, or only a very limited amount. Unfortunately that means either broken attempts, or google translated comments are what we get sometimes.

As sad as it is but from my experience a good portion of the worst English is written by native speakers. I think many non-native speakers (like me) actually put some effort on their writing while some native speakers (and this doesn't apply only to English) are more like "iduntgivafuk ijstwrt to netlul whocars".

Of course there are people whose English is so bad that they're forced to use something like Google translate and I think the result is heavily dependent on the language used but that's something we have to live with, I guess.
This bothers me aswell, and quite a lot more than should at that. English is my 2nd laguage and I frequently make mistakes or typos, but some stuff here in the forums... I can't even.

PS: *you're
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
I'm telling myself for a while now, that I should go to the library and grab some advanced books in english, because the Internet wont improve my english further. Internet helped a lot, but since most of the communication is done reading & posting on forums, the knowledge & skill already peaked.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Jan 12, 2017, 3:50:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info