Rose's Viable Ele Hit (wait, wut?)

Well, I finally did it. Ele Hit is viable. Good? No, lol, hell no. Viable? Yes.

The build has actually exceeded my goal. The goal was to be able to do anything up to T11 consistently, safely, and (reasonably) quickly. I have thus far done the Maze map with Vaal Oversoul deathless, and the same for Residence with Dom, and most recently I did t15 Abyss with King Kaom. For the worst skill in the game, I'd say this is an achievement.

A quick summary of how the build even works: using Inquisitor and stacking elemental damage modifiers, as well as crit chance and crit multi, the build completely ignores all resistance while gradually scaling base damage dealt. The result is a build with a terrible tooltip (50k self buffed, although 50k for ele hit might be considered an achievement itself) that actually kills because that damage isn't being mitigated at all. Tooltip on most other builds isn't entirely accurate because you have to account for your target having resistance, which the tooltip doesn't. This Ele Hit setup ignores any mitigation. In other words, I don't have any idea how much damage this build actually does. I just know that stuff will die.

You can check my video guide here: https://youtu.be/CLVA8VCSQus

Tallent Tree (lv 88): poeurl.com/YJF
Bandits: Oak, Kraityn (or help the ol beggar), Alira

Gear:
Weaponry
Spoiler

Armor
Spoiler

Accessories

Spoiler

Flasks
Spoiler
Last edited by RoseAndThorn on Jan 3, 2017, 2:55:59 PM
Last bumped on Mar 4, 2017, 12:57:12 AM
Ele hit could have infinite DPS and it would still suck
I feel like you'd be better off just going with Wild Strike instead. The only reason I could see taking Elemental Hit instead would be for the elemental effect chance. But if we're maximizing crit chance anyway, it once again loses :(

If you could try your build with Wild Strike I'd be grateful :)
(I'm aiming to build around it for next league)
"
xingtheking wrote:
I feel like you'd be better off just going with Wild Strike instead. The only reason I could see taking Elemental Hit instead would be for the elemental effect chance. But if we're maximizing crit chance anyway, it once again loses :(

If you could try your build with Wild Strike I'd be grateful :)
(I'm aiming to build around it for next league)

I actually also have a Wild Striker. The video is on my channel.

I need to do an update on that though. I have recently upgraded my WSer to a 6L disfavour (up from 5L) and this patch saw it have a minor buff.

With aurabot support, my Wild Striker hit 1mil tooltip today (yes, you read that right).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info