Is a Molten Shield/Fire trap Templar Tank viable in HC?

Hello

I am fairly new at this game, (my highest level character is a level 44 Infernal Blow Templar in Hardcore) and I have reached the stage that I want to tweak my Templar Build a lot which means starting anew.

I was wondering if a tank type Templar is viable in Hardcore if it is relying on Molten Shield and Fire trap, (and maybe Tempest shield also) as its main source of damage?

I am just unsure of whether it could work and how to outfit myself.
This is my exact idea that I came up with after getting bored with freezing pulse. I started anew and my main abilities are molten shell and fire trap. I compliment them with firestorm and fireball. I'm only level 23 currently on HC though. Just focusing on life/life regen nodes(like always) Going to shoot for increased area of effect and concentrated effect with my Molten Shell. Haven't really thought too far ahead yet but so far no issues and I can tank tons of stuff, (on normal, lol).

This is just a rough sketch of the tree: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABVuLjJ_f4XM8Be0g73xG14M4nYAUTWBtBLOiAPAfgW8CcZ48TdiMdjrY7DgpTxo45CKCm6eEGmyQVZ2uGYXAGqcIEmkkqmaeWfPYJI9GuJMXHDbpqZVxTayqNsXQ0Ax9cXnjanB9UWCazyftHwI22M9lEH9PfUNjGS4EB5wt8WxVxsaegFa3MdlhTLOHZexVWPVXDWoeLR-vt5eFncTSIagYbRlJG57N8i_B86cwud2CHhQgFHHvDtsLUEcGDqSsA8Zj_YwG_QslrSkuCfZ8uD38WGNQUMbYjM_2SF8_
Last edited by Phatman on Feb 22, 2013, 8:16:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info