SRS Spell Totem build Help

Hey everyone. I'm in need of some help..

I've been running an SRS Totem build. First time using SRS, first time using spell totem. It's coming along great, though I have no clue what actually scales the damage of SRS. Minion nodes are a given. Totem spells cast speed, placement speed, etc I'd imagine also have played a huge role.

How about support gems? I've tried, added minion damage, faster casting, spell echo, melee phys damage(At the moment I am only running a 4L.) No matter what I swap out, the damage seems to be the same and even the tool tip is the same. The highest dps I've seen, as far as the tool tip goes, was when adding Faster Casting to Spell Totem>SRS>Melee Splash.

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated, I feel like I'm playing blind.
Thanks.
Last bumped on Dec 24, 2016, 6:48:08 PM
spell echo does not work on totems. faster casting and all minion gems do work with SRS. I would suggest NOT using melee splash, that takes away a lot of damage.

And it would be far better casting yourself, SRS + spell echo + minion damage + minion speed (or melee damage). You also want to get get gems that add minion damage.

It is better to have a 5 link at least. SRS + spell echo + minion damage + minion speed + melee damage
Tooltip means nothing for summoners. It doesn't reflect the damage your minions are actually doing, so you have to ignore it.

I also recommend against SRS totems, I'd just go self-cast. SRS + Echo + Minion damage + splash on a 4-link, adding Melee Phys when you get to the 5-link (I think, I haven't played SRS before). Also, you can buy a 5-link for 1 alch off of poe.trade , no reason to limit yourself to a 4-link.
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info