Help with 6th link for a flicker slayer RT with Kitava's feast!

As the title says, I am having problems deciding what to go for:
I am currently using a 5L one (6th link would be axe's implicit)
The problem is, when I will upgrade to a 6L - what would I use as a 6th(7th actual) link?
Currently:
flicker/melee dmg/added fire/fortify/multistrike
aaand I will not use faster attacks cause it is not needed for flicker.
I would use weapon elemental damage, however I will rip to elemental reflect (prolly, did not try)
Or try hypothermia, or... what else? :(
Is poison good enough?
Last bumped on Dec 12, 2016, 4:02:18 PM
i personally would drop fortify (keeping it in leap slam setup) and put in physical to lightning+weapon elemental damage

if you don't want to drop fortify put in increased area of effect (and swap it with concentrated effect on bosses)
GGG, CYCLONE&BERSERKER BUFF WHEN??
"
ZorgDutz wrote:
i personally would drop fortify (keeping it in leap slam setup) and put in physical to lightning+weapon elemental damage

if you don't want to drop fortify put in increased area of effect (and swap it with concentrated effect on bosses)

I would not drop fortify as I dont wanna stop flickering for a leap, it might be an idea, but what about other support gems?
I'm pretty sure Conc effect is pointless, because it would only affect the splash damage, not the damage to the primary target.
You might want to try Poison Support? Since you hit very often with Flicker it applies many stacks of poison. Could add to your boss killing power, which is Flicker's weakness.
Aside from that, you should probably aim for Atziri's Disfavour as your endgame weapon, it doesn't allow you to have a 7th link like Kitava's feast but it has over 100 more dps and since you have trouble finding a good 7th gem anyway it's not much of a benefit.
I also advise against going elemental as you have zero resist pen in a Physical Flicker Tree which would greatly reduce your damage output with the high base resist of enemies in Merciless.
Last edited by Inkaflare on Dec 11, 2016, 2:37:39 PM
"
Inkaflare wrote:
I'm pretty sure Conc effect is pointless, because it would only affect the splash damage, not the damage to the primary target.
You might want to try Poison Support? Since you hit very often with Flicker it applies many stacks of poison. Could add to your boss killing power, which is Flicker's weakness.
Aside from that, you should probably aim for Atziri's Disfavour as your endgame weapon, it doesn't allow you to have a 7th link like Kitava's feast but it has over 100 more dps and since you have trouble finding a good 7th gem anyway it's not much of a benefit.
I also advise against going elemental as you have zero resist pen in a Physical Flicker Tree which would greatly reduce your damage output with the high base resist of enemies in Merciless.

I am 100% sure that for flicker Kitava's is the superior weapon (prolly best available Flicker weapon):
has better damage range (you do not need the extra attack speed or range from disfavour)
has the 7th link
the dual leech helps you focus on other jewels than life/mana leech and/or saves you couple skill points (all this can go to more damage nodes/jewels)
5% hp restored is also huge
no more porcupines rips
I would say it was custom designed for a Flicker Slayer :)
Poison is a solid option, alot better than weapon elemental damage as I would not rip to some reflect (as I suspect it would be the case with wed)

I am not convinced Kitava's Feast is better than Atziri's Disfavour.
The damage range is identical (Feast can be 35 higher, but also 35 lower, which equals out to the same on average), the attack speed Disfavour has does increase your clear speed because you move faster between enemies, the 7th link seems rather pointless as you have seen yourself: you don't even know what to put in, there is no really good option left that would be worth the almost 20% less base DPS. The leech is a valid point, but you don't need more than 0.4% mana leech anyway which is a single skill point and Slayer gets shittons of leech anyway, which means losing the life leech and 5%HP heal (which is useless in bossfights anyway) is not a big deal. Porcupines are no trouble with CWDT+IC.
Also Bleed on hit increases boss killing speed.
Not saying Kitava's Feast is not a great weapon for Flicker. I just can't see it being better than Disfavour.
If nothing else, you can at least say that Kitava's Feast is much cheaper than Atziri's Disfavour in spite of being only very slightly weaker. The small improvement is not worth paying 10 additional exalts :P
Last edited by Inkaflare on Dec 12, 2016, 9:05:10 AM
life leech
POE is life. POE is ♥.
"
Inkaflare wrote:
I am not convinced Kitava's Feast is better than Atziri's Disfavour.
The damage range is identical (Feast can be 35 higher, but also 35 lower, which equals out to the same on average), the attack speed Disfavour has does increase your clear speed because you move faster between enemies, the 7th link seems rather pointless as you have seen yourself: you don't even know what to put in, there is no really good option left that would be worth the almost 20% less base DPS. The leech is a valid point, but you don't need more than 0.4% mana leech anyway which is a single skill point and Slayer gets shittons of leech anyway, which means losing the life leech and 5%HP heal (which is useless in bossfights anyway) is not a big deal. Porcupines are no trouble with CWDT+IC.
Also Bleed on hit increases boss killing speed.
Not saying Kitava's Feast is not a great weapon for Flicker. I just can't see it being better than Disfavour.
If nothing else, you can at least say that Kitava's Feast is much cheaper than Atziri's Disfavour in spite of being only very slightly weaker. The small improvement is not worth paying 10 additional exalts :P

Well, that is your opinion - but every 1 skill point is worth at least 10% increased dmg, you waste at least 2 points to get to duelist leech area - that is extra damage for kitava. (btw
7th link can be faster attacks and it will blow Disfavour out of the water in terms of ias).
or it can be poison to help you vs bosses.
or it can be weapon elemental damage which is almost as a 25% more multiplier for your overall damage - but I am scared of reflect, I will just have to test it.
poison is good damage and it is reflect free, it shines vs bosses as you can stack it alot with multistrike and around 10attacks per second.
Gotta gather them exalts for 6 link and test it.
So far this is the tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQBAQSzBS0FPAd1CZYLYQxwDjwTTBPJFCAUcRXsF-EYkRo4GuQhVSFgJvgnICcvJ58shSz7MHcx-zkOOlI7tjwtQKBEnka3R35IeE4yUEdTu1nzWf5aGl4TXz9hIWFSZFJlTWWnZlRnm2hlaPJqpXIPcql07XaseHp673t0fNmCB4NfhNmE74WnhmCGtIdqiI-KIorwkFWUb5d5m1iiAKU1qSeplKyqrY2uPq5Qr2yygLkdvJ-9Nr6nwGbApsGjxPbFU8auypDPftNv2Xzawdwy3D3iYeRR6UbqGO8O707wH_Pd9WH3Mvjr_TD-aw==
Last edited by Mobsy on Dec 12, 2016, 10:55:47 AM
One thing I just realized: Disfavour's DPS is that much higherthan Feast's despite the same base damage because the entire damage is increased by 20% by quality, since it has "adds xx to xx damage". Kitava's Feast, on the other hand, gains almost no damage from quality, since the ~290% increased physical damage becomes ~310%, making that only a measly 5% more damage.
This translates to Disfavour being a 15% MORE multiplier compared to Feast. 10% increased physical damage per skill on the tree suffers from the same diminishign returns, it's only about 3-4% in reality with all the %increase you have on your tree.
I do see your point though, I didn't consider that the axe allows you to completely skip the entire leech cluster. I'll get myself one of these asap as well, Disfavour is out of my reach budgetwise anyway.
"
Inkaflare wrote:
One thing I just realized: Disfavour's DPS is that much higherthan Feast's despite the same base damage because the entire damage is increased by 20% by quality, since it has "adds xx to xx damage". Kitava's Feast, on the other hand, gains almost no damage from quality, since the ~290% increased physical damage becomes ~310%, making that only a measly 5% more damage.
This translates to Disfavour being a 15% MORE multiplier compared to Feast. 10% increased physical damage per skill on the tree suffers from the same diminishign returns, it's only about 3-4% in reality with all the %increase you have on your tree.
I do see your point though, I didn't consider that the axe allows you to completely skip the entire leech cluster. I'll get myself one of these asap as well, Disfavour is out of my reach budgetwise anyway.

You are correct, disfavour is indeed higher base damage.
Rest of the stuff still weights heavily (for flicker anyway, disfavour is THE cyclone weapon) for Kitava's.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info