Help for a newbie

Hey there you guys,
I just recently started playing and after a good hour or so I think I came up with a build that I want to use in the endgame, however I am not sure wether or not the thing is acutally viable and since I hate wasting characters on broken builds I wanted to ask for some feedback here.

Build

I plan on using Arc for Aoe damage and I still need to find a more usable single target spell than lightning tendrils but that is a thing I probably can solve.
If I missed any crucial info please tell me and I will happily provide you with it, also this is my first forum post so excuse me if the formating is off and lastly english is not my first language so there may be quite a few grammar/spelling errors in here.
Last bumped on Dec 20, 2016, 11:48:34 AM
Hey TehSoulja,

I have taken a look at your skill tree and I suggest to pick up more jewel slots instead of one.
Also I made some routing changes that will save up on some skillpoints. Keep in mind that the build you tend to create should do fine at lvl 85 instead of lvl 90+ so spending points well above this number on planning is not something I would do. Try to aim at max lvl 85.

I also noticed that you took the keystone Elemental Overload with its drawback “No critical strike multiplier”. Alongside with this there were some skillpoints invested in critical strike multiplier on the tree which are totally useless due to Elemental Overload.
As far as I know Arc is pretty decent single target as some sort of area clearing. You might want to look into using a Voltaxic Rift for chaos conversion as this will help out with clearing.

Also there is little invested in DEX passives so this has to be fullfilled on gear. I’m not sure if ES/DEX is cheap or expensive but this also has to be looked into
Currently I have not much time on hands to do a full check but this is what comes to mind at first glance.

Updated tree
Last edited by Mispleled on Dec 8, 2016, 7:52:01 AM
I have a question since i'm also a newbie.
Vaal Pact says that life regen has no effect.
Should that not mean that Zealot's Oath is useless?
"
Typhu5 wrote:
I have a question since i'm also a newbie.
Vaal Pact says that life regen has no effect.
Should that not mean that Zealot's Oath is useless?

I am not too sure about that I read it as a "General life regen(including life leech) is applied to ES"

"
Hey TehSoulja,

I have taken a look at your skill tree and I suggest to pick up more jewel slots instead of one.
Also I made some routing changes that will save up on some skillpoints. Keep in mind that the build you tend to create should do fine at lvl 85 instead of lvl 90+ so spending points well above this number on planning is not something I would do. Try to aim at max lvl 85.

I also noticed that you took the keystone Elemental Overload with its drawback “No critical strike multiplier”. Alongside with this there were some skillpoints invested in critical strike multiplier on the tree which are totally useless due to Elemental Overload.
As far as I know Arc is pretty decent single target as some sort of area clearing. You might want to look into using a Voltaxic Rift for chaos conversion as this will help out with clearing.

Also there is little invested in DEX passives so this has to be fullfilled on gear. I’m not sure if ES/DEX is cheap or expensive but this also has to be looked into
Currently I have not much time on hands to do a full check but this is what comes to mind at first glance.

Updated tree

Thanks for the input, I made some changes to keep the build to a lower level aswell as increasing my dexterity a fair bit.
New Tree
I found a post about the Vaal/Zealot question.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/169368#p1505512

btw, what about shock, would it not also help to take the shock skill nodes?
Last edited by Typhu5 on Dec 8, 2016, 4:05:55 PM
"
Typhu5 wrote:
I found a post about the Vaal/Zealot question.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/169368#p1505512

btw, what about shock, would it not also help to take the shock skill nodes?

With Elemental Overload you would need to find out if it applies shock without crits...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info