Loading Times and Towns

Loading into towns right now is garbage. Too many people with MTX's cause loading times to be 50%-100% longer than they should be.

Asynchronous loading helps alleviate this problem, but that causes the downside of lots of stuttering.
It's atrocious with -noasync on.

I'd like to propose two alternatives.

1. Let us default log into empty towns. Both on first start and on all portal usage.

2. Let us default log into our hideouts rather than towns.

Really starts getting annoying when you consider buying a SSD just to combat this issue.
"The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence."
Last edited by Hixxie on Dec 7, 2016, 9:52:39 PM
Last bumped on Dec 9, 2016, 7:30:51 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Get a ssd either way, its the biggest improvement you can get on a comp, 240 gig is like $70 now
Last edited by Chadwixx on Dec 8, 2016, 12:00:56 AM
"
Hixxie wrote:
Loading into towns right now is garbage. Too many people with MTX's cause loading times to be 50%-100% longer than they should be.

Asynchronous loading helps alleviate this problem, but that causes the downside of lots of stuttering.
It's atrocious with -noasync on.

I'd like to propose two alternatives.

1. Let us default log into empty towns. Both on first start and on all portal usage.

2. Let us default log into our hideouts rather than towns.

Really starts getting annoying when you consider buying a SSD just to combat this issue.

well, that's what happens when they remove preloading from the start of the game and shove it to immediately before entering an area( you remember the few minute load screen?)
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Having NoAsync on helps a lot through normal gameplay, however it always struggles when loading towns because of other players.

People are constantly loading in and out, and the client is trying to load them regardless if they are still there or not. This is causing more load lagg then there should be.

I'm getting a new computer during or after the holidays, so I hope I never have to deal with this again. But I'm assuming this is still a problem for a large percentage of players.
"The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info