I like the Breach League, but one thing need to be fixed.

the invisible mobs outside the breach circle needs to deal no damage, thats it.
I would love to see breaches staying as a craftable map mod, but not in the acts.

thank you GGG!
Another day , Another chaos
Last bumped on Dec 7, 2016, 6:27:57 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Apparently this is not a bug, and is intended. It is also the reason that I have found it safer to do breaches from the middle rather than trying to run outside of them, and shoot into them.
U MAD?
"
Docbp87 wrote:
Apparently this is not a bug, and is intended. It is also the reason that I have found it safer to do breaches from the middle rather than trying to run outside of them, and shoot into them.

Correct, with breach rings the intention is to be stronger inside of them rather then cheese it from the outside.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
Why didn't they just use the proximity shield bubbles like Evengelists and Perandus mobs had? That would deal with the "cheesing from outside" issue without adding a "dying to invisible bullshit" issue. This is horrible design, and, as far as "design choices" go, it's as dumb as they get.
"
Jennik wrote:
Why didn't they just use the proximity shield bubbles like Evengelists and Perandus mobs had? That would deal with the "cheesing from outside" issue without adding a "dying to invisible bullshit" issue. This is horrible design, and, as far as "design choices" go, it's as dumb as they get.

In perandus you just couldn't shoot into the bubble, didn't stop the cheese from using totems inside I dont think, plus the challenge is different too.

I do think invis shouldn't be a thing, but neither should "playing like a little bitch", if you can't do the breaches by staying inside them, then you shouldn't be activating them at all.

FeelsBadMan

'Playing like a little bitch' is a time-honored tradition in Path of Exile. Finding the skills, the items, and the passives that give the biggest returns with the least effort and most safety is how the entire meta develops. Who's to say we can't add how you play the mechanics into that deal, too? If it's easier and safer and just as profitable for me to dance on the edge of the breach and chuck totems/summons/Flameblasts into the mess than it is to remain inside, why wouldn't I do it?
"
Trylobyte wrote:
'Playing like a little bitch' is a time-honored tradition in Path of Exile. Finding the skills, the items, and the passives that give the biggest returns with the least effort and most safety is how the entire meta develops. Who's to say we can't add how you play the mechanics into that deal, too? If it's easier and safer and just as profitable for me to dance on the edge of the breach and chuck totems/summons/Flameblasts into the mess than it is to remain inside, why wouldn't I do it?

The league has breach rings, which make you stronger inside of them, unless you absolutely must have unique ring\rings it seems like a logical conclusion that you should be fighting breaches from the inside, not the outside when your character is weaker.

Not the best rings (though the second one is unlikely to get replaced anytime soon), but they increase my life by over 500 inside of breach areas, which is absolutely huge. I'm still gearing up my other pieces and hopefully I can remove all stress from my resistances so that my rings can be life+str+other useful stuff.

FeelsBadMan

Sure, breach rings are great if you have good ones. But for the average player, which is the easier path? Getting two breach rings that have the properties they need for regular gearing plus have useful properties to double inside a breach? Or just stand on the edge and throw stuff at breach mobs?

The other problem is that for squishier builds even that 500 life bonus you get from wearing breach rings won't save you from getting blown up by Lightning Spam of Doom, impaled on spikes you can't see telegraphed because of the VFX clutter, or otherwise swarmed and beaten to death if you happen to get unlucky. And with the loss of XP on death being more and more painful the higher in level you go, and that's assuming you're not even playing Hardcore, it's still, for most folks, a far better option to either ignore the breach or cheese it than fight it as intended.

Essentially, I can see what GGG was going for with breach rings and breach properties, but for Joe Average Player breaches are just too rippy to risk playing that way when an easier way exists.
Last edited by Trylobyte on Dec 7, 2016, 6:30:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info