Sorry, to be honest I can't understand the story

I always get lost when the game starts throwing me inside someones dream or mind. I HATE everything relating to dreams in games. But this is an ARPG hack'n slash. The story is not the main thing. It's not like this is The Witcher 3, where the story and the characters are awesome.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
I always get lost when the game starts throwing me inside someones dream or mind. I HATE everything relating to dreams in games. But this is an ARPG hack'n slash. The story is not the main thing. It's not like this is The Witcher 3, where the story and the characters are awesome.

then prepair to be forever lost because dreams are what the entire lore is based on

if you want a short rundown

there is a big huge monster buried under a mountain .said monster is asleep .. and it is so powerful that its dreams actually become real

the core magic in this game is called thaumaturgy which is effectively the science of exploiting dreams to alter reality.

all the shit you are fighting are effectively horrible nightmares distorting the fabric of reality
I was like that watching GoT. First whole season I was like wait who's that guy, oh he is married to that chick? Wait, what about that dude, oh he's the brother of that other dude, which is what family now?

LOL
Deliver pain exquisite
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:

then prepair to be forever lost...

Yeah, as I said, that's why I don't even bother to TRY in PoE. I'm not playing this game for the story. At all. There are other games for that. For me, this game is about progression, grinding and slaying monsters.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
_Emperor_ wrote:
The story makes no sense. This is an ARPG with focus on character upgrades and hoarding power and wealth.
Story has no place here, and this loose frame is irrelevant.
If you dig deeper you will ask the questions and you will "ruin" the game sense you have built in your head.

For example, why dont we go back to oriath?
We killed the nightmare, stood against malachai... killed shaper.. explored countless worlds and destroyed everything in them.

Oriath is too small now, there is no army or anything that could stop us.. we could go there and sink the island into the ocean...

Asking questions like why dont we build a ship... or if we built it would the navy sink us.. its irrelevant... we are practically gods now.. you are confusing story with gameplay mechanics.. they do not go hand in hand when it comes to most of games.

Why dont we just freeze the water and walk over it.
Why dont we just use the means of transport that other characters from oriath used to get here.
Why dont we use the map device and craft oriath there and plunder it millions of times.

Why dont we open a portal beneath a waterfall and flood sarn with it?
Why dont we create a new civilization with so much knowledge that we have amassed. We got the master of all denominations, we could create whatever we wanted.
Meh, million of questions can pop up and they will distract you from enjoying the game mechanically.

Now i need a break, because the irregularities have piled up in my brain.

cheers
-toem-

The big thing about games like this for me is how life pools could ever really work. The obvious solution to a life pool to me would be to investing time and research into the most efficient way to decapitate and dismember someone in 1 go.

Generally speaking even if someone can somehow magically stay alive after their heads been chopped off if their limbs are also all separated then there is very little recourse to putting themselves back together again which may not mean death but certainly nullification as being a threat. Hand eye coordination would be a bitch if your head was in the arctic and your hands in Paris.

When the boss also calls everyone 'mortal' implying they are immortal also seems very silly to me. Everything decays over time. Even without that it always seems silly from a story driven point of view because invariably the hero kills the thing that can't be killed thus making them mortal after all!
Last edited by Chaoticmess on Dec 7, 2016, 12:16:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info