Sorry, to be honest I can't understand the story

Perhaps my English is bad and I have no experience of this kind of...writing culture?

I really can't understand the story, there are so many character name, place and term I can't remember, the way of storytelling make me confuse and I can't figure how are they related.

So I was exile because of crime, sent to Lionaye then...then why am I chasing that women? And suddenly I go to a palace and save the empire? Isn't that I'm in some forgotten place far away from civilization?
Last bumped on Dec 7, 2016, 12:08:53 PM
enjoy the read
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
You should have seen it in the begining.

This game was released as a shell with next to no story. There was some narrative, and npc dialog, but it told a very broken story that you really had to try hard to piece together.

The game offers a much more interesting story now, but still requires the player to piece things together themselves. Most of the interesting stuff in the game happened in the past. The story for the exile that is played is far less interesting than what you can piece together from lore around the world that shaped the history of wreaclast.
Last edited by ntall1 on Dec 7, 2016, 8:49:43 AM
Can't say I paid much attention to the story. The gist of it I got was that you were exiled to Wraeclast along with many other exiles. Within Wraeclast you then have the haves and have not's just like any other society. Of course being a game you need people to fight so it can't be a place where everyone gets along, the sun always shines and fluffy rabbits roam the lands.

So you then start talking to the 'good' people of the land, help them, stop evil sea witches, a stupid bitch looking for power, another stupid bitch looking for love in the wrong place and then the stupid barstards who obviously want to dominate everyone and rule the land.

Least that's how it all came across to me.

The story is very optional I wouldn't worry about it or take it seriously it's just a means to an end to allow us to have boss fights and put limitations on where we can and can't go as we progress through the land.

One thing I never did get though is if we can make portals to maps why can't we make a portal to the place we came from before we got exiled?
"
Chaoticmess wrote:
One thing I never did get though is if we can make portals to maps why can't we make a portal to the place we came from before we got exiled?

Portal technology supposedly doesn't work over large bodies of water, that's why people still use ships.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
The untold story is that we're supposed to be a character in a dream... a fairly elaborate one. That's how they explain it changing all the time with no real sense of continuity.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
The untold story is that we're supposed to be a character in a dream... a fairly elaborate one. That's how they explain it changing all the time with no real sense of continuity.

Something like that. We have some unconfirmed leaks that in act5 our characters wake up in postapocalyptic Tokyo where they were hooked to a Wraeclast simulator to get the training needed to drive back the alien invasion and establish an intergalactic trading empire.

And it will be winter so we will finally get snow.

long story short:

a1

you are exiled to wreclast due to x crime and find yourselve washed upon the beach.
you then travel to reach civilization but its a let down bunch who tell you to open a path leadint into the inland forests as there is moor food and resourses to be had

along the way you meet piety and whe wil make your life miserably TRYING to stop you so you have to find an alternative way through merveil

a2
now youv reached a camp inland this camp has its own problems aswel, as you stil need to open the passage for the sorry bunch in a 1.
while doing this you learn that piety has been snooping around so you are going to check it out, and find out that the passage to the city is blocked off by some ancient tree.
luckly you saved a woman who might know how to get past it the baleful gem(aka poison) and maligaro's spike a sword capable of piercing the tree
along the way you find some bandits you help or kill them and get som weird artifact luckly you this is a key to get you futher in the apex you put the key on the pedestal big scary boss pops out you defeat it and door opens hooray you are in the city?

a3
welcome to sarn the once al mighty empire now but a pile of ruble and you get send to yet again save some bloke, and guess what its our friend piety and she provokes you to come to her house so you take her up on that helping some strangers on the way
after you politly killed piety you learn that she was just a pupet and the master remains ,Dominus
so yet again you set off to kill the big baddy Dominus. after his defete some one els we know shows up and tell us to head futher land inwards as she need a favour of us kill her husband malachai.

a4
now at the waterways you came here to help kill of a husband and learn he has provoked a great beast that can destroy wreaclast your new home, this cant be happening ofc so you want to stop them both sadly the passage is sealed off and you need to get the key which is in the hand of a hero long corrupted to the darkenss voll and you lay him to rest opening up the passage to reach the beast. But to get into the beast and destroy it you need to drill yourselve through its skin and you need 2 gems for that in posesion of kaom and daresso.
you retreve the gems and enter the beast here we encounter piety yet again revived by malachai who has been the real puppetier all along with a bit of help from her you manage to get to him and kill the basterd and the beast at the same time hoora wreclast is safed!

this is the main story as of now and there are side stories like the vaal and such
Last edited by uffert on Dec 7, 2016, 9:10:15 AM
"
raics wrote:
"
Chaoticmess wrote:

Portal technology supposedly doesn't work over large bodies of water, that's why people still use ships.

Ah ok, nice and convenient.

Same question to why they can't all build a ship and sail away? I've seen plenty of ship wreckages in my travels and now I've gone through the story I've got lots of friends to help me plus no bad guys around to stop me.

Why would I spend the rest of my days doing map after map instead of building a boat and sailing away? Hell if I was taking this seriously I'd build the boat, sail away, go over the stretch of large water and then set the map device back up again to see if I can find new maps nearby on the other side of the water.

Failing that I'd try boosting the map devices power and try to make a long distance portal to get over the large body of water.

If that didn't work I'd try inventing a jet pack, helicopter or aeroplane. That's something I've never understood with games or storeys like this. Everyone seems to live in the middle ages without any scientific breakthroughs like in the real world.

Harry potter springs to mind the most when I think of this. Why have fireplaces to keep warm and live in an old dark, damp castle with candles lighting it. Why not use electricity with light bulbs, cavity wall insulation and central heating? The muggles clearly have the technology available for them to use.

Why does having magic usually mean having no science? Seems silly to me.
Last edited by Chaoticmess on Dec 7, 2016, 9:12:02 AM
"
Chaoticmess wrote:
Same question to why they can't all build a ship and sail away? I've seen plenty of ship wreckages in my travels and now I've gone through the story I've got lots of friends to help me plus no bad guys around to stop me.

There's no loophole there either. Exiles are criminals by large, and they wouldn't be criminals if they fell under skilled immigrant category or liked manual labor. Also, the majority of native Azmeri and Exiles were apparently caught and used in Piety's bout of creativity, which is why they were exiled in the first place, you don't fill a whole temple sublevel with blood by slaughtering two or three people. As evident from Scion's storyline, our heroes were just some of the higher quality material meant to be collected after polishing itself enough.

The Maraketh went home after the beast was killed, their purpose was done and they were probably beyond homesick at that point, you know, the craving for omatsuri and cat cafes was probably hitting critical point.

The approach used by the bad guys is definitely scientific, they just use different means to fuel their machinery and perform organic modifications.

Last edited by raics on Dec 7, 2016, 9:26:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info