What do you do fora living [WARNING: Numbers included]

"
Xavderion wrote:
I do stuff self-employed. I earn monies, sometimes none, sometimes bad, sometimes good, sometimes great. Past two years were very good and I should expand my business, but I'm too lazy. I like my cozy ~20 hour work week way too much. No motivation since no kids yet.

Yo, can you hook me up with some, you know... *looks around* stuff?

"
raggapaul wrote:
Interesting thread, really hope to see some more numbers. Usually I have the feeling that most PoE nerds are useless, unemployed 30y virgins but since you all have a job I might have been wrong all the time :D

You can safely assume most people who can summon the patience and discipline to play PoE over a prolonged period of time also have the patience and discipline to work. Can't say playing PoE regularly and having a job guarantees not being a virgin though.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Dec 8, 2016, 10:07:24 AM
Well Iam married, have a child, a very nice job, even friends and playing football in a team and I still manage to play PoE a lot. But when I see people farming uber atziri when I didnt even manage to do merc lab in a new league I get that strange picture of fat, ugly, jobless students in my picture :)
"
raggapaul wrote:
Well Iam married, have a child, a very nice job, even friends and playing football in a team and I still manage to play PoE a lot. But when I see people farming uber atziri when I didnt even manage to do merc lab in a new league I get that strange picture of fat, ugly, jobless students in my picture :)

This is your ego talking: "someone's doing better than me in a game, they must suck at everything else".

Not necessarily, no.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Sure it is, same like when I played CS:GO. Everyone that is better, is a no-life nerd :)
"
~188842.48 USD a year; ~25000 Canadian

I work in Logistics for a SUPER large IT company.

Benefits I pay %30 of all cost. Better than nothing.

50 cent raise a year.

No pension.

In my Province, we have %15 tax on almost everything- almost highest in Country.

Fun fact- been paying on student loans for a while. Today I got mail from government saying I do not have to pay for 6 months cause 25000 is poor

Yup.

Happy December for me and my extra dough lmao

Well I can tell you don't work as an accountant!

~188,842.48 USD
~25,000 CAD

would mean the the current exchange rate for 1 CAD is 7.55 USD. I know Canada is very appealing for a lot of people following the election but I didn't know things had improved quite that much! :)

I think you may have one too many digits in your numbers :)
lul.. typo is a typo.. need more coffee.. errr, rum. Good Catch :) i edited original post
POE is life. POE is ♥.
Last edited by KonaLuvsPOE on Dec 8, 2016, 3:45:31 PM
Saving for a year to go back to my studies (just got out of an economics and management licence, which is a french equivalent of a bachelor), working as a night receptionnist in a hotel, average monthly net salary of 1350€, or around 1420$.

8pm-1am : shitload of work to do
1am-5am : watching movies/reading/browsing 9gag
5am-8am : mediumload of work to do

Additionnal perk : 3-4 day week end.

Best temporary job ever.

IGN :
Theyseemebreaching
Last edited by Juju_el_pampazor on Dec 9, 2016, 10:43:00 PM
anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on May 26, 2018, 3:33:25 PM
My thoughts are that most countries out of the Soviet Block and Eastern Europe have pretty decent standards and people can live quite well without working their asses off 6 days a week. In Bulgaria for example the minimum wage is 210 Euro and the minimum pension is around 80 euro (max being around 500euro). So it's quite hardcore league here. :)
"
Spartacus1337 wrote:
My thoughts are that most countries out of the Soviet Block and Eastern Europe have pretty decent standards and people can live quite well without working their asses off 6 days a week. In Bulgaria for example the minimum wage is 210 Euro and the minimum pension is around 80 euro (max being around 500euro). So it's quite hardcore league here. :)

min wage is 210 euro? wtf. if i got 210$ Canadian an hour, id be a millionaire
POE is life. POE is ♥.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info