Speed meta and Recently

So GGG has been noted as wanting to slow down the game. They are unhappy with the speed clears and basically lightning fast cruise through the game some builds are capable of. I get that.

But then why keep pumping out uniques and abilities and nodes that encorporate the Recently keyword. Many of the ascendancy classss give huge boosts, provided of course, you killed something or got hit or attacked something within the last 4 seconds. Doesn't this just exacerbate the issue rather than fix it?
Deliver pain exquisite
Last bumped on Dec 7, 2016, 7:24:30 AM
They likely changed their mind and fuck I'm not playing slow fuck that shit if I wanna play slow I'll play fucking dark souls watch me get destroyed by a douche knight that has 0.50 attack speed swinging a 2 handed mace.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
So GGG has been noted as wanting to slow down the game. They are unhappy with the speed clears

Oh? Haven't noticed this.

But Chris DID talk about this in Ziggys Q&A, where he also used the words "clear speed meta". So they DO view it as a meta, something that might suggest that it's temporary, and the game will be slowed down - and a new meta appears.

And dear I_NO, there's a huge difference between "not clear speed meta" and "slow". You've supported this game with a lot of money through the "slow years", so you can't hate it THAT much.

Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
I'm not playing like a fucking snail o.0
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
I love the speed meta, but it is kinda annoying that nothing can compare with my Roc Pathfinder because of excessive MS and really good dps.
''It was nice but not really great'' in memory of rondanashu 13.4.2016
They will never get rid of speed clearing because it is effective. If they castrate the game in order to accomplish their view of the game and how everyone should play it they will lose a lot of players.

Isn't speedclearing the reward for a powerfull/well equipped charakter anyway? Isn't it the reward for all the gear farming? I don't see a problem here. After all the latest "event" is encouraging exactly that.

However if they really want to slow things down there are some simple solutions:

-Cooldown on movementskills
-much lower droprates
-getting rid of the risk/reward dogma and lowering mob damage and player damage while buffing up mob hp

On a side note slowing down the game is a really bad idea because you would suddenly focus more on the goddamn uglyness of this game and the ugly gear.
Last edited by Chimmy81 on Dec 7, 2016, 7:05:26 AM
"
Chimmy81 wrote:
However if they really want to slow things down there are some simple solutions:

-Cooldown on movementskills
-much lower droprates
-getting rid of the risk/reward dogma and lowering mob damage and player damage while buffing up mob hp

All 3 are either ineffective or outright horrible suggestions that would impact gameplay in very severe ways.

How would lower droprates counter speed clear meta, which is in part cause by "low" drop rates of good gear. You counter those low drop rates by going fast and spinning that RNG wheel very often.

Speed clear meta is not cause by movement skill but by attack skills that clear whole screen of monsters in one or two mouse clicks. Adding CD to movement skill would make it annoying and potentially dangerous because movement skill might not be available when one needs it.

Risk vs Reward is already pretty shit in PoE and it has nothing to do with speed clear meta. Lowering damage and buffing monster HP would just bore us all to death. You are supposed to kill large amount of monsters in a short amount of time, this is an ARPG afterall.

Main problem with speed clear meta in my opinion is that not all skills and not all builds are created equal. Some skills are just way better than their counterparts. This discrepancy limits player choices and can lead to frustration if underperforming skills was selected.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info