Yo, can we calm the fuck down with the one shots?

"
ZerotuL wrote:
I just wonder, what do you expect instead of oneshotting? Maybe time should slow down when your HP drops below 10% or maybe a fairy should teleport you back home and treat you with tea and apple pie?
Oneshot is bad positioning, not reading mob description and glasscannoness/ Dying to often-revise your defence.

Please stop with that idea. I went from a 5K Juggernaut to a 6.6K one (and from 19K armour with 6 Endurance charges to 15K armour with 8 Endurance charges) and due to a severe drop in damage (more than 40%) I am still one shot in higher tier maps, while also feeling more squishy and lacking damage.

Playing melee just feels punishing enough, but the ES versus life situation at the moment it's so bad, it's not even funny, just look at other threads and concede already that most of the problems of ES are dealt with via either items or passive tree nodes/ascendancies that just improving the buffer is the way to go...

If armour was actually working better, and they reintroduced a couple more boost to max res, I wouldn't mind the damage, especially the elemental one, but at the moment the one shot will surely come, and it remains a bland question of when and not if...

Making monsters hurt is a great decision, but not allowing you to efficiently mitigate the damage is just a no go with the life status at the moment, where you have to reach at least 5K to be able to play the yellow tier maps and if you shoot to higher than tier 13 you have to magically fork another 2K and just feel as squishy and use an OP skill/mechanic, when you could also shoot for a cool 9K ES way easier and not loose damage...
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
Last edited by sofocle10000 on Dec 7, 2016, 9:09:47 AM
"
Jennik wrote:
I quit playing HC a while back for various reasons, but all the one shots I've seen lately make it so I'll never go back no matter what. I have a bit over 5K life and 1K ES, but I've been one shot by a number of different sources. The Atoll boss, Arcade boss, shaped Arcade boss (and what the FUCK was I thinking shaping that map?), a boss found in a wild breach, and more that I can't remember.

All of the one shots were elemental damage. What am I supposed to do, run permanent 85+ resists on all my characters? And yes, a lot of this stuff is avoidable with perfect play, but I'm not a robot. I make mistakes, and I especially don't know what to avoid when I go up against content I've never seen before.

I ran Xoph's breach at level 88 with a 6-link and level 19 gems just to check it out since I had an extra breachstone. Getting to him was pretty easy, but it's a big clear speed check. Once I got to him, his damage was just absurd. The fire pillars limit an already too-small arena even more, making it so you can't kite the lightning-fast boss even if you wanted to. The only adds are twice as tough as regular bosses so you can't recharge flasks. I could barely stop to throw out the occasional Essence Drain without dying, and still died SIX DAMN TIMES without killing him.

It feels like they're balancing completely around leech and outrageously high damage now. That's super shitty, since life leech is so fucking overpowered that I intentionally skip it on all my builds. I don't play the game to mindlessly face tank everything with a literally unkillable character. It's going to fucking suck if that's the only way GGG wants us to experience new content.

Edit: Also, I started this league super slow since I was running Blight until about level 70. That skill is an absolute joke, especially in Breach league. Good fucking luck Blighting your way through Xoph's domain, breaches, or anything fucking else for that matter. Putting out a skill like Blight when they're pushing clear speed and DPS as hard as they are is an insult to POE's players.

"In Breach league, players need to clear areas as fast as possible and avoid incredibly high sources of damage. We're introducing a new skill with no AOE, damage that's levied out slowly over the course of a few seconds, no leech or life gain of any sort, and here's the kicker -- you get to stand in place while using it!"

Brilliant. Absolutely fucking brilliant.

What the fuck, GGG.
Glad to see that even the safest builds are having this issue, makes me feel not soo shit about my 2H Melee character being put in a trash bin after nearly getting him to 90 only to find out he cant even come close to doing breach lords.

I dont even know what i want to play at this point, even if i want to continue playing. All my currency already invested into that character. If i re reroll it means rerolling to some shit i dont even enjoy.

And yes, youre absolutely right, thats exactly what theyre balancing around. Im pretty sure 90% of players who didnt pick something broken/meta feel like fucking idiots as soon as they thought they were geared enough to do a domain, i know i sure as hell did.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Dec 7, 2016, 5:51:51 PM
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
Im pretty sure 90% of players who didnt pick something broken/meta feel like fucking idiots as soon as they thought they were geared enough to do a domain, i know i sure as hell did.

I don't feel like an idiot, I just don't bother with bullshit one-shot map bosses in their conveniently quarantined arenas. As far as I'm concerned, leveling's over at 85-90 and "The Shaper" is just another cheeseball sock-puppet indulgence in obscene power creep. Melee isn't garbage, it's the last honest challenge left in the game.
Strange way of balancing for sure. Kind of getting used to it now playing hardcore most of GGGs newer content is mostly for their softcore players.
Maybe has to do with the removal of seperate leagues for softcore and hardcore. A SC players challange is mostly can i make it with six portals
expecting to die some times but still clear it with pure damage brute force. Not any reason to gear for defense when you get one shot anyway.
Hell even ziggyD plays softcore this league. he starts to understand that he cant even get footage for youtube on HC lol. Half my friendslist is SC now
And that changed mostly because of shaper and guardians i think.
I clearly understand that to experience new league content you should play SC.

I guess ill watch bosses on youtube when ziggy has enough damage to kill them lol
"
Zpidead wrote:

I guess ill watch bosses on youtube when ziggy has enough damage to kill them lol

This is bad, players just give up and lost interest to play the game, thats why oneshot super bad
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
Zpidead wrote:

And that changed mostly because of shaper and guardians i think.

To be precise, it was mostly the atlas and the new mapping system, shaper and guardians are somewhere inbetween this mess.
With the cascade of exp nerfs and the map changes, to have the slightest chance to even experience and deal with with the true endgame content, one is literally forced to play corrupted reds no matter the mods. With numerous damage multiplicators and mods often in conflict with his build.
So one needs a build/skill/mechanics able to do everything with ease. And fast, as past 90 getting exp is a chore. Also game's extremely rippy due to the above mentioned map modificators forced down your throat, and the constant additions of overtuned encounters.
That's how this game turned to path of forced meta.

So this game designed all around end game, turned into direction where there's no point to even try HC, if you actually intend to play the end game itself. You'll more likely never get there on HC, in the first place.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
"
Yo, can we calm the fuck down with the one shots?

You don't enjoy being oneshoted? What's wrong with you? Next thing you ask for is less lag? Or maybe you go completely nuts and ask for a trading system? People these days.... ^^
This is Path of pay many ex to become the unkillable CI-based terminator or gtfo.

German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
I have quite liked the high difficulty level, but these breach maps are too much. Maybe with more friendlier timer it would be better.

First I have rolled scorching ray, skill is relatively good, kills trash pretty fast, but not fast enough to do breach maps, not even speaking about maintaining ES pool with it.
After I have tried breach map, timer ran out basically two screen away from the portal.
I really dislike "we have released the new content, but to do it u have to pick one of only 5 builds there are". Feeling forced to play bladeflurry now just to access the new content. Not very happy about that:/

Maybe if i will be still interested, later in this league will reroll yet again with some creative build using new items when i acquire them, but probably it wont be the case.

"
sofocle10000 wrote:

Please stop with that idea. I went from a 5K Juggernaut to a 6.6K one (and from 19K armour with 6 Endurance charges to 15K armour with 8 Endurance charges) and due to a severe drop in damage (more than 40%) I am still one shot in higher tier maps, while also feeling more squishy and lacking damage.

Thats because your defences don't involve mediocore ES and Vaal Pact.
Clear speed meta for the clear speed league.
Last edited by flipser on Dec 8, 2016, 7:50:43 AM
"
flipser wrote:
"
sofocle10000 wrote:

Thats because your defences don't involve mediocore ES and Vaal Pact.
Clear speed meta for the clear speed league.

There lies the problem, large enough buffer + instant refill = broken mechanic, when VP was in the lower left area of tree almost no one was that tanky like with just ES + VP, and the content wasn't necessarily tuned towards >6K EHP for yellow tier/low red tier maps...

I reached level 95 with just 5K HP because of a focus on damage and enough patience, but trying to pass tier 11/12 even with a better than average gear and skill play is way to punishing so you need the larger buffer. The problem appears when that investment in an additional 1-1.5K is not enough to try and push for tier 14-16 content, and when instead, by just going ES + VP you can manage that content with larger damage and buffer - and no, using OP skills doesn't present a solution, if we want to preserve the so called "variety of builds"...

I do hope that 3.0 will bring some more balance regarding this problem...
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
Last edited by sofocle10000 on Dec 8, 2016, 10:14:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info