Yo, can we calm the fuck down with the one shots?

Welp, that's all. That cold breachlord is here to keep the one shot party no mechanics gg vaal pact or full dps yolo.

I mean, seriously? Inb4 i forget to complain about that bullshit.

Ain't gonna complain about the kicks out from the server, but they are there too.

Game has all the tools to require mechanics from the player, why not just use it instead of that kid's stuff: or you one shot me, or i will one shot you, "why? ohh, dohh, i am the boss". Wtf that bullshit keeping going.

Btw, good example of mechanically engaging fights are: the guardians and atziri(even though she has a shitload of damage, it is actually dodgeable, man).

Now, you give me a room where i can do 2 steps and have not even range to dodge, then, the boss decides to spawn mobs with freeze in the whole screen, LOL, seriously, that is not the best example of "fun" mechanic to add to anything.

Then, you get dps, cast once and end of the fight. Well, well, well, i'm no expert, but it doesn't look like a good design. EVEN THOUGH ALL THE TOOLS TO MAKE IT REALLY GREAT ARE JUST THERE, THERE, WE'RE LOOKING AT IT WHILE WE PLAY. But we just die, because welp, no mechanics at all. Or we just kill, because no mechanic at all.
Sometimes...
Last edited by Crusader_of_Sorrow on Dec 6, 2016, 8:09:10 PM
Last bumped on Dec 8, 2016, 5:08:53 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
One shot mechanic = evil and make game worse, not helping and clearly not hardcore at all.
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
Last edited by TreeOfDead on Dec 6, 2016, 8:05:11 PM
So this ice Beach lord is a gear check ?
"
Welp, that's all. That cold breachlord is here to keep the one shot party no mechanics gg vaal pact or full dps yolo.

I mean, seriously? Inb4 i forget to complain about that bullshit.

Ain't gonna complain about the kicks out from the server, but they are there too.

Game has all the tools to require mechanics from the player, why not just use it instead of that kid's stuff: or you one shot me, or i will one shot you, "why? ohh, dohh, i am the boss". Wtf that bullshit keeping going.

Btw, good example of mechanically engaging fights are: the guardians and atziri(even though she has a shitload of damage, it is actually dodgeable, man).

Now, you give me a room where i can do 2 steps and have not even range to dodge, then, the boss decides to spawn mobs with freeze in the whole screen, LOL, seriously, that is not the best example of "fun" mechanic to add to anything.

Then, you get dps, cast once and end of the fight. Well, well, well, i'm no expert, but it doesn't look like a good design. EVEN THOUGH ALL THE TOOLS TO MAKE IT REALLY GREAT ARE JUST THERE, THERE, WE'RE LOOKING AT IT WHILE WE PLAY. But we just die, because welp, no mechanics at all. Or we just kill, because no mechanic at all.

I couldn't even hit the boss room, the dps check is real.
We're in a clear speed meta. The focus is on DPS. Hell, they even call it a "clear speed meta" over at GGG's. The positive thing here, is that Chris makes it seem like a temporary thing, it's a meta after all.

Breach will go down in history as the "clear speed, DPS check league". Maybe the next one will bring some diversity back. I'm hoping for a "Melee league, where defensive stats matter".
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Breach Lords are fucking busted.

I dont even know why 2H is in the game at this point. What i enjoy playing is mathematically and mechanically shit and isnt even considered for future game design. Came back to play melee and see how the changes were, severely disappointed.

2H Berserker, Cyclone, shit on. No chance against these breach lords because their damage is too high to deal with without VP or retardedly high leech rate. I couldnt even get up time for damage on esh before being forced out of range by his ball lightning spam. His shock nova covers the entire room essentially as well and deals retardedly high burst damage. I guess i should consider myself lucky to have even reached the clear check by making it to the boss room.

Might be able to do it as a Slayer but as a Berserker with no VP, not fucking happening. Literally wasted all my currency and time in the league thus far only to be disappointed by shit game design. This is just as bad as release Uber Atziri for melee and the gearing requirements she had in order to do her.

This is exactly the kind of shit that makes me want to uninstall this game and just never come back. They dont fucking learn, i dont know what the hell the design or testing team is even doing.

Its quite literally, play whats broken or dont play at all.

I just want to play 2H Melee, enjoy myself and fucking smash content with skill, not be shit on because garbage balancing and artificial difficulty in the form of completely absurd damage.

Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Shlock and Horror = player abuse
I quit playing HC a while back for various reasons, but all the one shots I've seen lately make it so I'll never go back no matter what. I have a bit over 5K life and 1K ES, but I've been one shot by a number of different sources. The Atoll boss, Arcade boss, shaped Arcade boss (and what the FUCK was I thinking shaping that map?), a boss found in a wild breach, and more that I can't remember.

All of the one shots were elemental damage. What am I supposed to do, run permanent 85+ resists on all my characters? And yes, a lot of this stuff is avoidable with perfect play, but I'm not a robot. I make mistakes, and I especially don't know what to avoid when I go up against content I've never seen before.

I ran Xoph's breach at level 88 with a 6-link and level 19 gems just to check it out since I had an extra breachstone. Getting to him was pretty easy, but it's a big clear speed check. Once I got to him, his damage was just absurd. The fire pillars limit an already too-small arena even more, making it so you can't kite the lightning-fast boss even if you wanted to. The only adds are twice as tough as regular bosses so you can't recharge flasks. I could barely stop to throw out the occasional Essence Drain without dying, and still died SIX DAMN TIMES without killing him.

It feels like they're balancing completely around leech and outrageously high damage now. That's super shitty, since life leech is so fucking overpowered that I intentionally skip it on all my builds. I don't play the game to mindlessly face tank everything with a literally unkillable character. It's going to fucking suck if that's the only way GGG wants us to experience new content.

Edit: Also, I started this league super slow since I was running Blight until about level 70. That skill is an absolute joke, especially in Breach league. Good fucking luck Blighting your way through Xoph's domain, breaches, or anything fucking else for that matter. Putting out a skill like Blight when they're pushing clear speed and DPS as hard as they are is an insult to POE's players.

"In Breach league, players need to clear areas as fast as possible and avoid incredibly high sources of damage. We're introducing a new skill with no AOE, damage that's levied out slowly over the course of a few seconds, no leech or life gain of any sort, and here's the kicker -- you get to stand in place while using it!"

Brilliant. Absolutely fucking brilliant.

What the fuck, GGG.
Last edited by Jennik on Dec 7, 2016, 8:10:12 AM
GGG is notoriously known to release OP expansion then tune it down a bit later, so that pattern might continue. I just don't think this strat is good for player retention. Even on my triple S ray totem casted outside of the circle, it can detect incoming invisible mobs a few meters off of it. Going out then in sometimes work but in merc its a gamble. I definitely stay away from indoor ones. My loot so far, decent number of splinters, one unique, one drop from a breachlord, but very poor breach rings so there is nothing enticing for me to do but wait for better gear than probably deal with it later.

P.S. lag + breach visual noise is a very bad combination.
Last edited by monsoonrider on Dec 7, 2016, 8:09:44 AM
I just wonder, what do you expect instead of oneshotting? Maybe time should slow down when your HP drops below 10% or maybe a fairy should teleport you back home and treat you with tea and apple pie?
Oneshot is bad positioning, not reading mob description and glasscannoness/ Dying to often-revise your defence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info