The Keystone Game

"
adghar wrote:
The advantage here, or so I've heard, is that it is easier for Energy Shield recharge to start (because Damage over Time won't stop it; it will have full 100% bypass to Life). Energy Shield still protects your Life somewhat; it will be like non-chaos damage gains 70% bypass to Life.
I'm not sure, but does energy shield protect fromchaos damage in this scenario? It's pretty weird stuff so I don't know...
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
FCK42 wrote:
"
adghar wrote:
The advantage here, or so I've heard, is that it is easier for Energy Shield recharge to start (because Damage over Time won't stop it; it will have full 100% bypass to Life). Energy Shield still protects your Life somewhat; it will be like non-chaos damage gains 70% bypass to Life.
I'm not sure, but does energy shield protect fromchaos damage in this scenario? It's pretty weird stuff so I don't know...

It does for hits. Damage over time as with fortify sneaks past.
I'll write this down piece by piece:

BM gives you 0/0 mana.

EB protects your mana with ES.
So your 0 mana then gets protected by ES.

MOM says that when hit, 30% of damage is taken from mana before life ... this damage also includes chaos hits.

WIth fortify you could get an effective 50% damage absorb against hits, not to mention other effects similar to MOM like the Devine Guidance 10% as Hierophant or the 1% per power charge from The Aylardex.

You could make a veeery spongy character if you manage to include all this. As mentioned hits still cause your ES to stop regenerating, not DOTs tho.
Last edited by Scherge on Dec 7, 2016, 8:18:48 AM
Unfortunately, with BM allocated, MOM does nothing. You have no mana, thus damage cannot be redirected to mana. EB doesn't ADD mana, it just protects the mana you have. So EB, BM, MOM, does nothing for you, actually.

- Sheepster
"
Nssheepster wrote:
EB doesn't ADD mana

It doesn't need to add mana, it just need to protect the mana ... even if the mana in this case is 0/0.

isn't there a mechanical question thread to GGG we could ask this? it'd be interesting for better understanding.
Last edited by Scherge on Dec 8, 2016, 1:56:39 PM
"
Scherge wrote:
"
Nssheepster wrote:
EB doesn't ADD mana

It doesn't need to add mana, it just need to protect the mana ... even if the mana in this case is 0/0.

isn't there a mechanical question thread to GGG we could ask this? it'd be interesting for better understanding.

If it doesn't ADD mana, you still have NO mana. If you have NO mana, then you can't redirect damage TO mana, because you have NO mana. Hence why it doesn't work.

AFAIK it WAS asked in Mark's mechanics thread, so just searching through there will probably net you confirmation.

- Sheepster

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info