What to sell

When I get a unique I go onto poe trade. And i'm often disappointed. What are the main items that sell for a lot that I should look out for.
Last bumped on Dec 7, 2016, 1:40:10 PM
Get a loot filter that highlights uniques by drop tier, like Neversink's. There are far too many variables for anyone to tell you "what will sell". You just learn with time and experience. 90% of uniques are vendor food.

On rares, you want life, resists, ES, and good rolls. To see affix tiers and roll ranges (which you will need to learn to identify a good rare) spend some time with poeaffix.net.
U MAD?
"
TomiusK wrote:
When I get a unique I go onto poe trade. And i'm often disappointed. What are the main items that sell for a lot that I should look out for.

go to poe trade and search for items that are expensive.
this will not teach you much, but can offer you a starting point.

I would suggest that you dont trade at all. Trading ends the game in couple of days. Unless you get off on trading... but i assume you dont since it would be already obvious for you to check for things that are on demand on poe trade..

-peace-
Cheesecake
You sell things other people want. Duh lol.

Pro tip: 99.9999% of things in this game are utterly worthless. That includes uniques. In fact, the stuff that has value are quality rolled rares most of all.
Deliver pain exquisite
look up ziggyd on youtube, hes got a regular series for this league where he shows what he profited off, what he lost money on.

In general, vendor 99% of uniques, they wont sell. 0.9% can sell for 1c, 0.1% can sell for 1c+.
Most of the currency you will gain in the start of a new league is nicely rolled movespeed boots, phys weapons, ES/crit/spell damage gear, and most important jewellery. People will pay 1-2c for just shit jewellery with 1 low life roll and 1/2 res.

Watch ziggyd's series and he will show you how you can make a profit off really bad jewellery. Youd be amazed at the amount of people who want a quick ring for 1c.

edit: in the time it took to write this, i got 3 sales for 1c rings
Last edited by MyNameIsSalo on Dec 7, 2016, 12:19:19 AM
there are only some valuable unique items, they are easily identified and known.

the more complicated things are rare items which are superior to most uniques in poe. you will have to get comfortable with the mods (affixes) an item can have to see the potential in a rare item.
Spoiler

most searched affixes like spell damage and physical damage basically have 3 components:
a "flat added value",
a "percentage added value"
and a "hybrid affix consisting of a percentage added value and a crap stat you don't need".

example physical damage mods:

Merciless Local Physical Damage +%
Dictator's Local Physical Damage +% and Local Accuracy Rating
Flaring Local Min/Max Added Physical Damage

the issue is: hybrid mods (dictator's) can't be master crafted, the others can. finding an item with dictators and flaring mods with an open prefix is pretty valuable because you can master craft local physical damage onn it and sell it for alot.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
There is a price checking website. Copy+paste your item's info there and see whats offered, all the items similar to yours. Then put your item 1-2 chaos lower and you'll get offers eventually. After 12 hours lower the price if no buyers emerge.
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
There is a price checking website. Copy+paste your item's info there and see whats offered, all the items similar to yours. Then put your item 1-2 chaos lower and you'll get offers eventually. After 12 hours lower the price if no buyers emerge.

Oh god don't do this. Those websites are trash, totally used to fleece noobs out of currency. Don't even trust other players to price check.

Just run a search on PoE trade and skip down past the first like 20 listings so you get a real sense of what the item is going for. The first few listings are there to artificially lower prices and the other end are totally inflated never going to sell prices.

Making bank is more about understanding what's meta and what people want. Some leagues or patches you can clean up on newly introduced gear. Those two toned boots sold for like 15c even white. In fact even now some of the new bases go for obscene amounts so over priced.

Depends when you list stuff too. If you don't get in on a new league in the first week, you are screwed. Everyone is already going to have everything already for their builds. But if you play on day one, you can pick up gg gear, I mean like rings and belts that would go for 10ex in Standard for a few chaos because everyone needs cash and nobody has much of it yet.
Deliver pain exquisite
But it takes its information directly from poe.trade.......
Last edited by Johny_Snow on Dec 7, 2016, 12:49:17 PM
"
Johny_Snow wrote:

Noooo. Absolutely don't do what this guy is saying, unless you want to just throw currency away. These aggregates only work if every other item indexed is priced correctly/realistically... Since there are plenty of people who have zero idea how to read the market and price items, it may give you a totally inaccurate idea of how to price an item. Total noob trap. Don't do it. Just like the "trade macro" that shows you affix tiers and what not, that cannot determine hybrid rolls, etc. Totally misleading. The only way to actually learn how to price items is to actually do the leg work, learn affix tiers (or look them up), learn the meta, learn the builds/gear. It takes time but if I can do it, anyone can.
U MAD?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info