I'm sitting this league out. Am I missing anything?

"
gibbousmoon wrote:
Thanks for all the responses!

Sounds like a typical DPS-check mechanic, something I (as a fan of innovative builds) have never been fond of. Perhaps I am right to sit this one out.

If you meta/aoe/dps, it's perandus all over again. If you experiment with fringe skills or anything interesting, forget about engaging with the league content.
TFW you spend 5 minutes getting raped by Abaxoth in a double beyonded breach. ITS THE BEST.
U MAD?
"
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
Thanks for all the responses!

Sounds like a typical DPS-check mechanic, something I (as a fan of innovative builds) have never been fond of. Perhaps I am right to sit this one out.

If you meta/aoe/dps, it's perandus all over again. If you experiment with fringe skills or anything interesting, forget about engaging with the league content.

Yeah, I'm not so interested in the clear-speed meta, and this seems like more content designed to encourage exactly that.

I thought they wanted to discourage it?

Maybe they changed their minds.
Wash your hands, Exile!
If you logged in for a few minutes, you'd see that not only did they change their minds... They Doubled It and asked if we were thankful. ;)
Its fun as balls.

When it was announced i was a bit dissapointed and didnt think much of it. But after trying it out, its pretty amazing.
40% like this league (and got disconnected last night) servers ripped and the madness quadrupled ;-)
No Problem,
Exile
You are. My favourite league in 2016. Prophecy and essence sucked ass
"
Dr1MaR wrote:
You are. My favourite league in 2016. Prophecy and essence sucked ass

What build are you using to play it?
Wash your hands, Exile!
If you're not a friend of clear speed (neither am I - or at least, yes, it's nice to have, but it shouldn't be the focus), the Breach part of Breach is not for you. And with the Breach part comes the loot, which I wanted to say you missed.
But good luck in Breach with a character that is not fast at clearing stuff. If you're lucky, the Breach just closes after a few seconds, but them Breach beasties can be nasty hitters, too.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
If you're not a friend of clear speed (neither am I - or at least, yes, it's nice to have, but it shouldn't be the focus), the Breach part of Breach is not for you. And with the Breach part comes the loot, which I wanted to say you missed.
But good luck in Breach with a character that is not fast at clearing stuff. If you're lucky, the Breach just closes after a few seconds, but them Breach beasties can be nasty hitters, too.

Thanks for the additional insights.

And yeah, the more I hear the more I think I'm indeed not missing anything (other than the frustration of where this game is going).

I enjoy tactical gameplay, and a nice balance of it--slow and safe, or fast and dangerous. But if it isn't tactical I get bored fast (just ask my CoC Bladefall wand barrage Assassin from Prophecy league).

"Meta" is by definition nothing to do with in-game tactics but rather an exploitation of GGG oversights and/or failings.

Yawn.
Wash your hands, Exile!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info