does POE have a memory leak problem

https://postimg.org/image/bqd5jv8s5

after long playing sessions i seem to run out of memory...i have 8 gig ram and not runnning much in the background(firefox)

i never had problems with poe running out of memory even in 32bit client but now i use the 64bits client i run out of memory.

Last edited by tntkiller on Dec 5, 2016, 6:05:27 PM
Last bumped on Dec 6, 2016, 7:41:14 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
tntkiller wrote:

after long playing sessions i seem to run out of memory...i have 8 gig ram and not runnning much in the background(firefox)

i never had problems with poe running out of memory even in 32bit client but now i use the 64bits client i run out of memory.

The 64 bit client can access way more memory than the 32 bit client, which is intend (easiest way to stop loading stutter)
Though it seems that some people are having problems with it going over the top...could also be something to do with the pagefile
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
you can best watch memory consumption if you use tools like process explorer from microsoft's sysinternal tools. some good explanation about the different memor allocation types is here

as lagwin said, try to setup a page file in windows if you disabled it, windows just needs it for it's internal memory management for processes and it should only be disabled in special situations.

firefox is one of the most memory eating processes there is. just opening this site makes this process allocate up to 1 GByte RAM.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Dec 6, 2016, 3:40:04 AM
"
tntkiller wrote:

You can take a look at the answer I gave to someone else with the same 'issue' here
"
vio wrote:
firefox is one of the most memory eating processes there is. just opening this site makes this process allocate up to 1 GByte RAM.

This is an old myth, which is only true when you have out-of-date or badly performing extensions/plugins. I typically run fx Nightly as my default browser and with e10s/24 addons/6 IPC processes and 30 concurrent tabs I see:

With the release version of firefox, same addons but no e10s (some addons are incompatible) same number of open tabs:

"
Kellog wrote:

This is an old myth, which is only true when you have out-of-date or badly performing extensions/plugins.

running ff 50.0.2 with the following addons:

adblock plus
firebug
ghostery
stylish
video download helper
web.de mailcheck
zotero

i got over gig overal (virtual) allocated memory from ff and plugins, watching the lioneye's podcast and having some poe tabs open.
Spoiler

maybe it's the plugins but you can't exclude that. i only know very few people playing online games that run their ff without plugins.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Dec 6, 2016, 4:58:45 AM
Of the addons you have running, Firebug has been discontinued and had a voracious appetite for resources. Video Download helper has known issues in the past, no idea about now. I'd also suggest switching to uBlock Origin instead of adblock plus, doing so means you could probably get rid of ghostery too.

With regard to plugins, I don't use any, so which do you think are necessary>

"
tntkiller wrote:

It's a known issue with dx11, for some people turning off multithreading helps but I ultimately had to switch back to dx9. Yeah, breach fights are now a slideshow but the game doesn't crash anymore at least.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info