I think i'm missing the social aspect of this game.

So, i've been playing Hardcore lately, having fun on my own, but i'd prefer to play this game a bit more socially. However, it seems like the global channel is a complete ghost town. i've managed to join 1 or 2 pickup parties, but for the most part people are silent. i see folks running around in town, but they're mannequins and might as well be NPCs.

is there something i'm missing? am i supposed to be using a different channel?
Last bumped on Dec 5, 2016, 8:00:50 PM
Try changing channels. In Moscow there is a lot of players in chat.
but....i don't speak russian?
If you are coming from D3, the social aspects of this game might disappoint you. Grouping exists, but it's not as frequent (or as well implemented) as it was in D3. Many people won't group at higher levels due to performance issues(stutters and disconnects). That's not to say it's non-existant though, definitely check out the Guild forums, lots of people who play want to group and that a guild is probably your best bet.
Guild or friends. Most players aren't keen to interact with random people.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
boredinbc wrote:
If you are coming from D3, the social aspects of this game might disappoint you. Grouping exists, but it's not as frequent (or as well implemented) as it was in D3.

Wait, really? When I played D3, the other players in the group were precisely the "mannequins... might as well be NPCs" that original poster mentioned.

"
but....i don't speak russian?

I suspect first replier meant something subtly different, but failed to get the point across. I think he was sharing his personal experience - when he changes channels he can find Moscow chatters - but was suggesting for you to change channels, without changing to Russian chat.

Use /global 1 to enter global chat 1. and /global 2 to enter global 2 and so on. I have personally kept global turned off for quite a while because I'm the opposite of you - I dislike chatter and would rather not have that stuff* on my screen, so I haven't been there in a while, but global 1 and 2 seem to be really chatty almost all the time.

*the exception is new player questions, in response to which I have no issues spewing forth walls of text :P
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Some streamers have large guilds, and use discord one that comes into mind is Lifting nerd bro, that might be something you should look into :)
Try global 820. It's chat channel based on giving away/swapping challenge stuff, master dailies, etc. People are pretty friendly.
dunno about hc global 1, but sc global 1 is full of memes, trump supporters, flashbang, LE TOUCAN HAS ARRIVED and item spam. Sometimes I just stop playing for a few minutes just to enjoy it and talk to people.
Global 5055 is a PoE Reddit channel, and usually is active. Join a guild. Personally I never use global chats, just guild chat and personal whispers, and it is more than enough :P
U MAD?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info