PoEs Dungeons and Light Radius

After watching some of the new D3 footage:

http://www.youtube.com/user/legitreview#p/u/3/bmB140BKPII

It seems that Blizzard may have gotten rid of the whole dark dungeons/light radius thing. All of the footage I have seen shows dungeons that are very well light with torchlight. This is a bit disappointing to me. One of my favorite things about RPGs is being all by my lonesome in a really dark and scary dungeon. When you're in dark rooms where you're sometimes not even sure what's in the corner, it really adds to the atmosphere.

The good news of course, is that PoE is keeping the dream alive. Don't get me wrong, D3 looks very cool, but I can honestly say that from what I've seen, I like the look/vibe of PoE dungeons a lot more.
I am a poor freezingly cold soul
So far from where
I intended to go
I totally agree with what Oasisbhrnw said. Thats not to say though that isn't nice to have some atmospheric light and torches in some dungeons. :)
~ 𝚯𝕏𝕀𝔻 ~ Girls Dealing Death ~
I actually like a mix of really dark dungeons and dungeons where you can see all the details :)
Completely agree with you oasis.
He who fights with monsters
might take care lest he thereby
become a monster.
Just don't go to the extreme of the level of darkness in Doom 3 for example, where you discovered enemies by falling over them. That really sucked, big time.
I used to be apathetic, now I just don't care.
Oh.. If I am allowed to have an opinion,

I much prefer well lit dungeons, so I can see what is happening, and have my monitor set to 'make me blind' mode most of the time

having the handy light radius shrinks on low health thing is good though.
This is my Forum Signature.
"
bobhoskings wrote:
Oh.. If I am allowed to have an opinion,

I much prefer well lit dungeons, so I can see what is happening, and have my monitor set to 'make me blind' mode most of the time

having the handy light radius shrinks on low health thing is good though.

the mother of all necros is this silly post?
I also lust for the dark dungeons where the torchlight dances on the wall and the shadows grow long to reveal a monster lurking around the next corner. Diablo 1 and 2 both had the effect and now PotE does it even better. Diablo 3 has some nice areas but nothing as dark as the old days or anything close to PotE. I find this even more important in hack n slash with the light radius. Simply love the effect of the color change and reduced radius when low on life.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info