How is your Beach League experience so far? Did you beat Beach Lords already?

"
Bars wrote:
Vaal Spark has also received heavy and repeated nerfs over time. Bows don't exactly oneshot everything by default, they're fine but they aren't as insanely good as some people make them sound, not to mention a terrible, sucky early-to-midgame experience.

Blade Flurry is also fine, it's extremely powerful, it's just not a super-fast clear skill.

Anyway, my point wasn't that there are no fast clear builds out there, my point was GGG seems to dislike them and to generally design temp leagues with the idea of slowing map clear speed down. Prophecy league included a ton of backtracking, the Atlas mechanic requires you to fill the Atlas up so you kinda have to run quite a few maps with terrible layouts which you wouldn't touch with a long stick otherwise, the guardians and shaper themselves have humongous HP pools just to slow you down, now the Breaches make backtracking nearly mandatory. It's just my observation, might not be necessarily the case but certainly looks so.

Vaal Spark still holds strong though. Someday they will completely destroy this build though. Maybe they will even touch Explossive Arrow one day.

Bows have great uniques to assist during levelling. Bow builds are insane man. Player just need ton of currencie and get used to dodgy play style as Bow builds are still pretty squishy even with Kaom and stuff.

My point is they still give you ton of power to clear insanely fast nevertheless ;_; Well, if take a look on Breach from other perspective, they vice versa encourage not only backtracking (I am not sure Breaches can even stretch that far to legitimately label coming back a screen backtracking) but make you play most OP clear speed insane build to get as much exp / rewards as possible out of them. :|
Experience is good, I come back from a 1 year break. Many QoL features are super cool : the masters appearing when quest is done, etc etc (I miss some aeras like the one before merveil cavern). Everything is super fine for me, just 2 "rants" :

- so many scammers on poe.trade ... Have to scroll a lot, kinda hard to determine real price

- Breach are impossible in merciless (especially the cold ones) for the moment. I'll be happyx2 when I'll be able but for the moment they feel a bit overtunned.

For the rest it's super cool, really really enjoying.
Started like shit, ripping at 40 on my first character due to insane screen freezing/latency spikes. Guess I shouldn't play on launch day.

Now, back up to 62 in merc and I don't even fuck with breaches now. Need to gear up first.

All in all, not too bad. Not great like they say either.
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
Lot's of fun. Rolled SC this league to get a feel for things and I think I'll be staying. Breach League is RIP city.
New day - new chance to make myself finish the levelling of my sweet char!

Breeches are indeed pretty dense in Mercliess. Ammount of Splinters varies, but they oten drop 6 Sockets which is great :P
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Dec 6, 2016, 8:58:56 AM
"
Alternalo wrote:
"
_DarkMan_ wrote:
Blade Flurry faceroll through the game. Dried Lake now. Every single breach i try means insta death. But as i read it seams i am the only one.

I am with you, same situation, when you stop moving you die. Too bad, you have to stop moving to initiate blade flurry.

Iam blade flurry to. In end of cruel. I rarely die in a breach. I onely use self found gear so far. but i have to say breaches are pretty savage xD
Last edited by Rekill on Dec 6, 2016, 9:21:07 AM
Still rolling in normal and so far, having a blast with these. Died a few times, no worries. Seems like the best bet is to hit them in open areas, enclosed areas, corridors, ect seem like a pita and not worth messing with them.
Having a good time. Solo self-found, level 85 in SC. Flameblast elementalis, fake ele proliferation does a really good job cleaning breaches.
I just hope my Essence Drain will clear Breaches just fine. Or I will have to follow the Meta and become another gear in the system using Blade Flurry or Chaos Bows. :|
the breach mob have too much dmg, the ranged ones are pain in the %&$... usually i run outside the breach and cast FP, but i get dmg from invisible mobs :( ... so fustrating... anyway the league its fun for me at this point ( lvl 70+ inq )

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info