How is your Beach League experience so far? Did you beat Beach Lords already?

Lvl 37 atm. Can't figure out why every single one of the dozen Breach Rings that have dropped are Dex/Acc. I'm a Summoner Witch. Why am I getting nothing but Dex gear out of the Breaches?

I have walked through the Valley of Death & emerged the Shadow of Evil

The Gene Pool needs chlorine

Humanity is the worst STD Mother Nature ever contracted
I'm loving it so far. SRS is great to level with, and does breaches pretty well. Haven't gotten enough splinters for a Beachlord attempt, but I'm looking forward to that.

So far, it's been a fantastic league.
I'm really torn apart on Breach challenge league.

I love starting fresh in new league. I like the concept of Breach league. I pick decent league-starting build.
On the other hand...DirectX11 is buggy. DirectX9 is unusable in heavy populated situation such as breach openings. Breach visual and noise clutter is causing me headaches.

Breach gameplay has major design flaw in a fact you must backtrack to pick up your loot.
"
Baron01 wrote:

Breach gameplay has major design flaw in a fact you must backtrack to pick up your loot.

I'm quite sure this is intentional. If you didn't get the memo, the thing GGG hates the most is fast clear.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
Bars wrote:
"
Baron01 wrote:

I'm quite sure this is intentional. If you didn't get the memo, the thing GGG hates the most is fast clear.

Yet they make insanely OP skills like Blade Vortex or Blade Flurry or Poison Bows or Glacial Hammer for people to clear insanely fast...
"
Sigma14641 wrote:
Most Lag-to-Death league ever. hype.

Nope,Perandus gets that.There might be more mobs but somehow it's less stress that the Perandus mobs were maybe due to improvement to the game engine.
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
"
Bars wrote:
"
Baron01 wrote:

Yet they make insanely OP skills like Blade Vortex or Blade Flurry or Poison Bows or Glacial Hammer for people to clear insanely fast...

None of these are top-tier clear speed builds. The last super fast clear build we had was cospri discharge with shield charge for pack clear and it got nerfed. It'll still clear packs well but the single target got destroyed.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Bars,
Well, then CoC Discharge wasn't top-tier either as there is Vaal Spark Inquisitor.

I wouldn't say that Bows that one-shots off-screen mobs and Blade Flurry that deletes everything in the game in seconds are not "super-fast" (with Blade Flurry you can clear Beyond / Breach / whatever mods you want for more exp and juicy rewards easily, so besides of being strongest (?) skill in the game it's great for farming challenging maps).

Btw CoC Ignite Vortex is still there ^_-
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Dec 5, 2016, 10:28:11 AM
Vaal Spark has also received heavy and repeated nerfs over time. Bows don't exactly oneshot everything by default, they're fine but they aren't as insanely good as some people make them sound, not to mention a terrible, sucky early-to-midgame experience.

Blade Flurry is also fine, it's extremely powerful, it's just not a super-fast clear skill.

Anyway, my point wasn't that there are no fast clear builds out there, my point was GGG seems to dislike them and to generally design temp leagues with the idea of slowing map clear speed down. Prophecy league included a ton of backtracking, the Atlas mechanic requires you to fill the Atlas up so you kinda have to run quite a few maps with terrible layouts which you wouldn't touch with a long stick otherwise, the guardians and shaper themselves have humongous HP pools just to slow you down, now the Breaches make backtracking nearly mandatory. It's just my observation, might not be necessarily the case but certainly looks so.
"
SunL4D2 wrote:

Well, then CoC Discharge wasn't top-tier either as there is Vaal Spark Inquisitor.

I wouldn't say that Bows that one-shots off-screen mobs and Blade Flurry that deletes everything in the game in seconds are not "super-fast" (with Blade Flurry you can clear Beyond / Breach / whatever mods you want for more exp and juicy rewards easily, so besides of being strongest (?) skill in the game it's great for farming challenging maps).

Cospris Discharge and Vaal Spark are much much faster than those other builds. There's just no comparison whatsoever. See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UL_HygMwbA

Bow builds are shit. Any build that cant oneshot the entire screen by shield-charging nonstop is shit. That's the game GGG made, it is what it is.
Last edited by toyotatundra on Dec 5, 2016, 10:57:35 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info