Halifax Standoff.. Facebook feed and chicken burgers and blunts

So yesterday, I am walking to work and I see a huge police barricade no more than 5 mins walk away- just happens to be the area i Need to traverse to get to work on time. Police tell me I cannot go my route and to find another way down to the main road.

A tattoo shop is being surrounded by police, dogs and swat.

The gentleman inside just got out of jail after 8 years and has pulled a knife out on a police officer who was visiting him on an outstanding breach- buddy dashed back into the house.

Over the course of 17 hours, the cops are having periodic conversation with the fella who is demanding chocolate milk, his snake is freely climbing around his place and he is talking with a bird ALL THE WHILE STREAMING THIS ON FACEBOOK!

So the whole day, I am watching this play out- at work- he is rolling blunts, doing lines and talking with all the people chatting with him on live stream!! Also, evidently, there is a crack den in the bottom of the shop (not confirmed but highly speculated by a few people)

Police keep trying to lure him outside with burgers but that, of course, doesn't work SO he somehow makes a chicken burger in the tattoo parlour and it takes him like 3 hours to eat it... was super boring, actually. I WANT DRAMA!!

So he starts going off about baby momma not letting him see kidlet and denying kidlet with the letters he wrote in jail (well, now he can try again!!)

Police turned his power out around 5 pm.

When I was leaving for home, the barricades were still up so I had to go long way around. I stopped near the spot and hung out like a hooligan, trying to get a peak- was too cold to stand around so I left for home and watched the stream again.

He kept telling police that he would tattoo himself before coming out but it's not clear, atm, if he actually did it.

Police got his dog (somehow) and told him that doggie was okay but barfed in the police cruiser.

Fella sung a lot of Biggie and Tupac songs but everytime he said the "N" word, he apologized to the public listening to his feed- how Canadian is THAT!!! Meanwhile, all the people watching his live stream are egging him on to do strange things, surrender, set the bird free, tattoo his junk etc.

At 230ish in the morning, he apparently surrendered and has a court meeting on Monday.

Weirdest day ever- this stuff never happens in this small city but luckily, in the end, no one was harmed- cept the police cruiser.

http://www.metronews.ca/news/halifax/2016/12/02/police-on-scene-of-barricaded-man-with-a-knife-in-fairview.html
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/halifax-standoff-arrest-fairview-1.3880096
POE is life. POE is ♥.
Last edited by KonaLuvsPOE on Dec 3, 2016, 8:42:43 AM
Last bumped on Dec 8, 2016, 9:16:24 PM
Ask for chocolate milk, and they offer fucking burgers.

No wonder people end up streaming themselves doing lines and smoking spliffs above crack houses with a loose snake and a pet knife-point bobby.

CHOCOLATE FUCKING MILK FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!
Casually casual.

Good ol Fairview.
^
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
Ask for chocolate milk, and they offer fucking burgers.

No wonder people end up streaming themselves doing lines and smoking spliffs above crack houses with a loose snake and a pet knife-point bobby.

CHOCOLATE FUCKING MILK FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!

Yup, I also hate when that happens.

In the meantime, if something like that happens in my beautiful motherland, the guy will get beaten to a pulp when they arrest him.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
Mookie88 wrote:
Good ol Fairview.

Are YOU a Haligonian?
POE is life. POE is ♥.
"
"
Mookie88 wrote:
Good ol Fairview.

Are YOU a Haligonian?

Went to SMU, lived in Halifax for nearly 10 years. :D
^